RIP KIDS DAC 4DC

thereke1870

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"making hemingway green with envy."

thanks varsity...but i must add, he was more jack black; jean genet, louis ferdinand celine, henry miller, john fonte and charles bukowski than anything else if it gets literary.

hemingway is overrated. read the first three books by these authors. well, one of them has only one. with the exception of "stand still like the hummingbird, tropic of cancer, tropic of capricorn - henry miller, and if you read celine read "the thief's journal".

s

younger folks dont know how much you can learn about a person by how they write. i think a lot of us have learned a lot about kids thru his work, and this is why we all loved his shit so much. most of us probably owe him a thanks, a beer, whatever.

kidscart.jpg

kidsdac08.jpg

kidsdeadalive-1.jpg

kidspole2.jpg

kidspoledac.jpg

kidssilverblack.jpg

kidssowhat.jpg

kidsstaydum.jpg

kidswhite.jpg

kidsyellowsafety.jpg

bump those black stickers dated 2 years before they got put up.

hey, none of the photos you posted are showing up. there is just an icon with band with exceeded. Anyway I'd love to see 'em. Had two good years with A out in Oakland.

THIS SO VERY NEW TO ME, YES ITS HARD TO BELIVE THAT HE NOT HERE NO MORE HE WAS AND WILL ALWAYS BE VERY MUCH ALIVE IN OUR HEARTS.I HOPE TO SEE SOME OF HIS WORK GO UP IN CHULA VISTA. I GET IN MY CAR IN DRIVE AND I JUST HOPE SOMETHING WOULD POP UP AND I COULD SMILE AGAIN. EVERY MOTHERS DAY HE WOULD SEND ME A CARD WITH KIDS ON IT, I WILL MISS THAT CARD THIS MOTHERS DAY.I KNOW THAT HE WAS A VERY SPECIAL PERSON AND HE LIVED HIS LIFE , TURE TO HIMSELF WITH MUCH KINDNESS TO OTHERS.

its a good thing that we all keep in touch. if i knew just how to use this machine i would be on face book talking to you all. but im to slow to pick up now , old school is where ill be i dont even know how to email, i will learn.

I'm hoping that this is cool. If it's not, ignore me, and I won't put this up again.

My name is Todd and I live in Pittsburgh. I've been following graffiti here for years, and KIDS was someone you just couldn't ignore. He was everywhere, to the point where I thought he had to be a crew. Hearing about his passing has left a gap in this city, and we miss him dearly.

I co-edit an on-line magazine called Strongbox (http://www.strongboxmagazine.com/) and I'm writing an obituary for him. I'm writing from the perspective of someone who has admired his work. I'd really like to hear from people that knew him, had personal stories about him. Any information will be kept confidential. I just want to make sure I do whatever I can to make sure he's remembered.

You can leave me a message here or at thryckowian@gmail.com

Cheers,

Todd