The Carter - 11/17/09

Ski Mask

I don't really listen to hip hop anymore unless I am listening to stuff I listened to back when I was younger, I just find it to be a real boring music genre nowadays. Fair play to lil wayne for having a shit load of cash, but I have never heard a song of his that I like or any Hot Boys stuff that I liked either.

I don't hate the guy, he is completely insignificant to me, I just think he looks completely fake and full of his own shit. I imagine there could be some laughs in the documentary as I am pretty sure he would come off looking like a dick in it, but I still probbaly won't watch it, I watched the trailer and it just looks like some ego trip on film and boring as hell.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the last three post are the only posts thats shouls matter at this point, wayne took his career from the toilet the mountain tops and now on a slow staedy flush back down, just like this auto tone bullshit hes yesterdays news and should be put back in the closet, but hey atleast he was able to sign drake

i disagree, i think hes around to stay.

again, birdman is a marketing genious, lil wayne is actually lyricly/musicly talented. and hes adapting to music trends(wether good or bad)

hes a trend setter and im quite sure unless he does something outside of music extremely negative i beleive we'll be seeing him for awhile.

Apparently the Hot Boys got back together? Well ain't that some shit haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w45PdKokbE

Edit: Well 3 of them. I guess Turk is in jail for attempted murder of a police officer :lol:

damn that tune sucked!!

I just watched a few interview with lil wayne, I wouldn't say he comes across as intelligent but he also doesn't come across as an idiot, somewhere inbetween.

It is hard to hate on new stars in hip hop really it has changed so much since the 80s and 90s and is now a major money making business, I just find there isn't as much integrity to it, like they haven't thought out the beats so much and just think ah that'll do it will sell and then release it, it is the same with punk, bands never used ot make big money now they do and I think the music has suffered because of it. Not hating on them I would do the same if it was gonna line my bank account with millions of dollars.

I got no problem with that at all Swamp, music preferences are musical preferences.

I like some 80s hip hop but early to mid 90s hip hop is my favourite, I also listen to a lot of punk, metal, ska and reggae, might not be popular with some but hey thats what makes us all different and this forum so much fun.

At leat I didn't say that your opinion doesn't exist!!