The Carter - 11/17/09

Ski Mask

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shit way back when of his was wack son. he was like 13 talkin bout the crack trap and snuffin dudes out.

commmmme on. plus the fact that back then REAL rap was being put out. so basicly if you chose weezy and the hotboys as opposed to other shit that was being put out, you were a buster.

not to mention, anybody that couldnt see that the hotboys were just a blatant rip off of master p and his no limit fag bag was to naieve to grip anything dope anyways. shit was bunk as fuck back then.

NOW, with the way rap music has transformed. and the ammount of time has passed, he grew up. and doing so in the process actually ended up coining a sound and style i respect him. and yes, even listen to him.

but lets be honest here, with the hotboys biting assed resume, phony teardrops, sway with the wind in the world of whatevers cool and birdmans genious marketing and hunger for riches. how can you really take the shit seriously.

that dont mean what hes putting out aint dope. cause it is, and lil wayne is actually arguabley albeit only by todays standards a "lyricist"

the movie will be interesting to watch for a multitude of reasons. im fascinated by stardom lifestyles, money and everything that goes with it. he, as i mentioned earlier, has been doing this since he was prepubescent and basicly grew up in a million dollar rap big cars big jewels lifestyle while everyone else was skipping highschool to boost paint and smoke dope.

best believe im interested in watching this. but that dont mean im throwin up the dub smokin blunts and talkin bout how real this cat is when i here his music.

good thread tho, good info, and im gonna assume good movie.

• Like 1

let me repeat, THAT SHIT SUCKED back in the day.

and if you chose that shit over what was really up back then you was corny. mobb deep, saffir, casual meth just to name a few.

you didnt have to be bumping mad concious hiphop to listen to rap that was farrr better than hotboys and that fucking garbage back then. there was plenty hard ass shit done proper.