What are you doing RIGHT NOW.

tonysoprano

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

man ... ive watched that easily 3-4 times today.

thoughts:

- unsurprisingly ... the game looks gorgeous. holy shit.

- madd doggs mansion in the opening shot?

- dogs?

- i heard either ice cube's voice or CJs voice in the trailer. either way i hope and sorta know grove street is making its way back in. they love to play throwbacks and (cause ill argue for hours that san andreas was the best GTA) im thinking this one will have hefty doses of nostalgia. so long as OG Loc got left on the cutting room floor ...

- "guns and crank in this area ..." guy reminds me of jack nicholson's character in the departed ... in a great way.

- the trains are still all wrong.

but yeah i'll be marrying this game when it drops.

for some reason i'm thinking the mc is tommy vercetti but he'd be older than that by the time this game took place. the part when he calls the black guy the son he always wanted got me thinking of lance vance. you know like maybe he had a son before he died and now lance's son and tommy finally met up. i know i'm wildly wrong on this but it's still fun to speculate.

of course the game itself looks immaculate. it's gonna make 4 look like shit. lovin all the rivers and wilderness i'm seeing. that was one of my favorite things about SA.

i'm sure they'll be a good amount of nostalgia. gta usually hits us with a dose of that. and with a game as big as SA was i think we'll be in for a ton.

what did you see wrong with the trains? gta4 really let me down with the trains, with them being so short and you not being able to drive them. i just hope you can do that again in this one. La also has a subway system so i'm holding out hope that they'll add that but i'm doubtful. i'm kind of a train freak so i know this is shit normal people don't really care about.

i'm pumped.

right now ... i feel like downloading some geto boys. so i am.

for some reason i'm thinking the mc is tommy vercetti but he'd be older than that by the time this game took place. the part when he calls the black guy the son he always wanted got me thinking of lance vance. you know like maybe he had a son before he died and now lance's son and tommy finally met up. i know i'm wildly wrong on this but it's still fun to speculate.

of course the game itself looks immaculate. it's gonna make 4 look like shit. lovin all the rivers and wilderness i'm seeing. that was one of my favorite things about SA.

i'm sure they'll be a good amount of nostalgia. gta usually hits us with a dose of that. and with a game as big as SA was i think we'll be in for a ton.

what did you see wrong with the trains? gta4 really let me down with the trains, with them being so short and you not being able to drive them. i just hope you can do that again in this one. La also has a subway system so i'm holding out hope that they'll add that but i'm doubtful. i'm kind of a train freak so i know this is shit normal people don't really care about.

i'm pumped.

i bet they'll tie it into another GTA besides SA though. you are correct.

train-wise ... it's clear brits did it, watch me get nerdy here.

trailer link (again):

at 0:20, pause it and look at the tankers.

the railings up top are too far out on the carbody. american tankers with this body style look like these, although they really should have just used the black oil tankers that you see every-freaking-where.

at 0:39, take a look at both the locomotive and then the well cars its towing.

the locomotive is weird. it has a weird GP30ish hump up front which slopes down to the engine compartment, which looks waaaaay small for a locomotive that size. The cab shape in general is strange, too blocky and the nose headlights are fucked up when the nose looks stolen from one of these or even a BL2. it's also missing ditch lights and safety striping up front and along the sides. The fuel tank has no details whatsoever, which is lame.

i also wish so badly there were mods that would let you run 30 or 40 car trains. GTA5 seems to be continuing the 5 car train trend ... which is lame. if the mod existed then you could get a bunch of different car models and skins and throw together consists, smothered in graffiti or whatever. i'd like that

/nerdshit

right now ... i feel like downloading some geto boys. so i am.

i bet they'll tie it into another GTA besides SA though. you are correct.

train-wise ... it's clear brits did it, watch me get nerdy here.

trailer link (again):

at 0:20, pause it and look at the tankers.

the railings up top are too far out on the carbody. american tankers with this body style look like these, although they really should have just used the black oil tankers that you see every-freaking-where.

at 0:39, take a look at both the locomotive and then the well cars its towing.

the locomotive is weird. it has a weird GP30ish hump up front which slopes down to the engine compartment, which looks waaaaay small for a locomotive that size. The cab shape in general is strange, too blocky and the nose headlights are fucked up when the nose looks stolen from one of these or even a BL2. it's also missing ditch lights and safety striping up front and along the sides. The fuel tank has no details whatsoever, which is lame.

i also wish so badly there were mods that would let you run 30 or 40 car trains. GTA5 seems to be continuing the 5 car train trend ... which is lame. if the mod existed then you could get a bunch of different car models and skins and throw together consists, smothered in graffiti or whatever. i'd like that

/nerdshit

yeah it sucks when they don't pay close enough attention to detail or aren't as authentic as possible. not sweatin it though. still looks to be awesome.

the mod idea seems like something that could exist or atleast be easily done by some computer geek. wouldn't mind having it.