the wire appreciation thread

yonis

i dont understand how you dont uderstand my arguement.i thought i stated it clearly enough...it just seems overly dramatic.for instance.the last time i saw the show it was of the black detective standing on tp of a squad car giving this mad emotional and long ass speech about how he wanted all the drug dealers to show their self and come out peacefully or he was gonna come back later and brutalize them.it was just mad corny imo.who does that? shit is just over the top.

i know shit isnt gonna be 100% realistic.but it should atleast be more exciting.it wasnt.out of 5 or 6 episodes i saw i watched maybe 20 minutes worth of actual fighting,shooting,sex,whatever.thats what i expect from a show about drug dealers.this shit is just boring.half the time its guys sitting in a car watching drug dealers stand around.or listening to tapes.

like i said,i thought it was gonna be like belly or shottas.both films i enjoyed.this is just too slow and corny imo.

but again i dont really wanna fight with none of you.its just my preference.ill watch the episodes on tonight to see if i can get why you guys like it so much.maybe i will gain more of an appreciation for it but idk.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
this show is just to overdramatic.i was hoping that is was gonna be like belly or shottas,but it wasnt and i was deeply disappointed.

:lol:

these shows are wicked lame.their trying to make a soap opera outta some shit that just isnt..

If anything, you could argue that The First 48, those prison docs and other "real" shows are worse...voyeuristic expeditions into the grief of families and individuals, which REALLY isn't meant for TV in any capacity...

For the record, I watch these shows a lot as well, but I'm just doing a little point-counterpoint here

• 1 month later...
I mean the show was alright, but I was hoping it would be more like Boys in da' hood mixed with Jurassic Park 2.

FINALLY SOMEONE AGREES WITH ME.:lol:

havent these people been paying attention to hollywood? you cant have a show about gangsters and drug dealers without mindless violence and sex.it cannot be done.how am i,with my severely limited attention span,supposed to enjoy an hour long soap opera without any huge explosions and shit?

thats basically what it is...an hour long soap opera,for people who listen to the rap music..

negs will come,i am sure of it.but its whatever...you guys enjoy your show,your into what your into.call me when they start shooting people down like in gta,and i'll come watch with you guys..

YES,i am saying i want it to be more like gta.i dont care if its unrealistic.gta is fun,none of you can deny that.that level of violence in a show would MORE than make up for any amount of lack of story telling or dialogue..

IMO The Wire is hands down the greatest show ever. i own em all and watch them from start to finish and then again, over and over... Having spent some time in Baltimore and it being one of my favorite cities, I can't get enough. The scenes with the Blue Crab and Old Bay drive me nuts to the point of planning a visit just to get some food. The Wire beats out any of the other HBO "dramas" ten fold. I can't find a flaw with the exception of the show being over, because I wish that shit was still putting out new episodes!

Oh well.. to each their own....

• 3 months later...
IMO The Wire is hands down the greatest show ever. i own em all and watch them from start to finish and then again, over and over... Having spent some time in Baltimore and it being one of my favorite cities, I can't get enough. The scenes with the Blue Crab and Old Bay drive me nuts to the point of planning a visit just to get some food. The Wire beats out any of the other HBO "dramas" ten fold. I can't find a flaw with the exception of the show being over, because I wish that shit was still putting out new episodes!

Oh well.. to each their own....

I watch seasons 1-4 over and over. I thought season 5 was kinda dumb with the homeless serial killer and newspaper plots. I watched season 5 from start to finish once. Started watching it a few times since but never finished it since the first time. I think part of it is because seasons 1-4 were so good, the last season was a bit of a let down.

WIN FREE MONTHS OF 12OZ. VIP

SUPPORT OUR ADVERTISERS!!!!!

This contest will run all week until Friday - July 15th, 2011 .. 6 p.m. EST

Click on any advertiser(non-12oz. paint shop ad) check out what the advertiser has to offer and while you are there

Take a screen grab on any page within the advertisers site and get 2 free weeks.

Each screen grab has to be from a different advertiser per day, you can only submit 2 screen grab ads per day, giving you 1 free month a day you participate. Thats 3 months if you send in 2 submissions a day until Friday.

Send me your screen grabs via Private message, we will update your account nightly. Please make sure you submit correctly, we will not reply back to submissions that are wrong.

DON'T send us your old screen shots from previous contests. We have them saved and will reference back to avoid schemers. We also know what ads are running, some have ended and some new ones have been dropped into rotation....

Enjoy…

This contest will run all week until Friday - July 15th, 2011 .. 6 p.m. EST

SUPPORT OUR ADVERTISERS!!!!!!

WIN FREE MONTHS OF 12OZ. VIP STATUS

• 2 months later...