the wire appreciation thread

yonis

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 5 months later...

I could have sworn that there was a thread about this show a while back, but I searched and didn't find shit. I'm a little late to the game, I'm just finishing season 3 and I'm hooked.

the-wire.jpg

Appreciate this shit, easily one of the best crime/drama series to come out in a long ass time. Not to mention some of the best characters on any show, ever.

omar-the-wire.jpg

Case in point.

Turned into a junkie who collect scrap metal and clean horse stables for carriages.

All the kids from that group turned out grimey.

*except Wee Bays son

Anyone been watching Tremé?

A lot of the same production team and actors. Set in Nola after Katrina I believe. I caught one episode but didn't get too into it.

Anyone been watching Tremé?

Treme is official! It's nothing like the Wire but definitely a solid show in its own right. At first it was a little weird to see Bunk, Freamon, etc. in new roles but after a couple episodes I didn't even associate those characters with the wire any more.

Personally, I think the Wire is the best show to ever be on television, Treme is not that but totally worth watching.

I only saw ONE throwup through the first four seasons on this show. Either you got a mean ass buff goin' against you, or you need to put in some work.

mean ass buff

and you got to look harder.

there was more stuff in there than that one throwie

one person alone had a couple

then there was a buncha random shit, fuck if i remember correectly, season 4 or 5 had tags in the opening sequence.

and you cannot imagine how bad it sucks to see the street you have shit on in an episode, camera pans around, but just not quite far enough to catch your shit.

it happens

^^ haha. That has to be the most obvious piece of graffiti in a movie ever.

Treme is really good, i just finished the first season the other day. But like dude above said, it's a totally different show. Not gangster related at all but it's a solid show with solid characters. The indian chief is rad and the violin playing girls boyfriend is a punk.

I only saw ONE throwup through the first four seasons on this show. Either you got a mean ass buff goin' against you, or you need to put in some work.

Watched seasons one and two when it was broadcast. Recently noticed season one had a Cost and a JA tag in the opening sequence. That was back when tags were commonplace in New York. I have just gotten back into it but am having trouble finding a good site with working Megavideo links or whatever. Please help!

mean ass buff

and you got to look harder.

there was more stuff in there than that one throwie

one person alone had a couple

then there was a buncha random shit, fuck if i remember correectly, season 4 or 5 had tags in the opening sequence.

and you cannot imagine how bad it sucks to see the street you have shit on in an episode, camera pans around, but just not quite far enough to catch your shit.

it happens

i remember seeing Felon a few times

no one else sticks out in my mind though