revenge?

yinz n'at

last year i had my first solo art show and it was a great success. sold alot of work, made all my money back and had 4-500 people at the opening. a week later i go to kick it with the gallery directors and shoot slides of all the work and the back door of the place is wide the fuck open. i had an installation in the front with lots of art supplies in milk crates resembling the studio i had at my house... all paint was stolen, 4 paintings also were stolen. this was 13 months ago, and yesterday i ran into an old friend and he broke into this story immediatly.....

he was taking an art show down and heard this kid bragging about breaking into a gallery and racking a bunch of shit off some "egotistcal faggot artist" then dropped my name. my boy grips a stool and is about to confront him, but it was his birthday and there were a bunch of cops around which i understand. the kid goes on to explain he only broke into the building and stole my shit because I SNUBBED HIM WHEN HE CAME TO THE OPENING, you know solo show, 3 hours, 500 people, you can give everyone 45 minutes of your time right?

so anyway, i got a list of all the people in the show my boy was taking down and the kid is one of them. im sleuthing each person out on facebook if i dont recognize the names so maybe a face will pop out. but if you were me what the hell would you do? i was thinking of knocking on dudes door, macing him and rolling through the crib to find my works, i kinda wanna ruin this dudes reputation within the local art community too and whenever i find out who it is the gallery is gonna prosecute him(dont give me no stop snitching shit this faggot stole shit i fucking spent over 100 hours making, im gonna fuck his life up as bad as possible)

SO ANY IDEAS?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well your cover is blown, you may not know him but he knows you. A home invasion with assault is most likely not a good idea unless you are really that kind of person and can pull it off.

Maybe just confront the guy and try to talk it over with a hint of threat and blackmail.

I could be wrong but all this talk of trying to sue this individual does not strike me as possible. He committed a criminal offense not a civil one. For you to legally get anything out of him he first needs to be convicted in a court of law of the criminal offense of stealing from you or the gallery owner.

Does the gallery owner even give a shit or is it just you?

Sometimes you just have to walk away, you can try to take legal action but unless you live in mayberry I kind of doubt the police will really give a shit about 2 thousand dollars worth of shit taken over a year ago.

I could be wrong but all this talk of trying to sue this individual does not strike me as possible. He committed a criminal offense not a civil one. For you to legally get anything out of him he first needs to be convicted in a court of law of the criminal offense of stealing from you or the gallery owner.

Does the gallery owner even give a shit or is it just you?

Sometimes you just have to walk away, you can try to take legal action but unless you live in mayberry I kind of doubt the police will really give a shit about 2 thousand dollars worth of shit taken over a year ago.

Yinz has a witness who heard kid admitting to stealing his shit.

Yinz, talk the police and an attorney friend. See what your options are as far as statutes of limitations. I'm guessing that since the gallery was broken into, they care. He said that they will also press charges.

If it turns out you have no legal options, break this kids face. I'm not talking sending him to the hospital to get stitches. I'm talking plastic surgery and bone reconstruction.

i figure he gets charged and even if he gets off his name is dragged through the mud within the art community and that would hurt more than any punch could. there will be civil action if i find the shit too, its all up in the air but im pretty confident i can figure it out

You have to have some friends or family who know an attorney. That would be the first step.

If not, attorneys sometimes give free consultation.

If you do know one, spend some scratch and take them out to lunch. That way you accomplish two things:

1: Free advice which would be better than some consultation in an office.

2: Butter the attorney up in case you need him/her. They will remember you as the nice

guy who payed for their lunch.

Whatever it is don't get jammed up like OJ when he tried getting his shit back, involving cops probably won't help.

Even if they got a search warrant over hearsay I bet getting your shit back isn't going to work unless he has it all nicley packeged at his house.

Your best bet is to do some slow calculated shit, use your clout and brains, don't get a case over some paint and artwork.

Anyway I'd serve this dude for fucking over the fam of my fam, I hate those types of jealous little assholes anyway.

Being out of town over a decade I'd probably just be the anonymous brown person in the police report unless dude is a little older.

Old school niggas round that way know I love running up in houses and beef,

say the word. I been meaning to hit the burg again this year anyway.

hahahahahaha,

i know a few lawyers, ima call the one lady tomorrow shes mad cool and a friend of the fam,

merc i appreciate it man, the burgh needs some more anonymous brown people to carry out revenge on my part lol

i have a feeling its gonna take me a while to figure this out but the wheels are in motion and i cant wait... being unemployed is really fueling my fire cause i have nothing else to do