CAMPINGS?

absolute.despair

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got kicked out of a campground and got a summons for having beer. the fucking park ranger made us empty out 30 beers infront of her

or alternitively you could tell her to go and fuck herself and not give out your details. shes a park ranger there use to people following the rules, they wouldn't know what to do if you just drove off yelling "fuck you bitch, i don't care if you take down my license plate this is a stolen car"

mind you when i go camping i don't go to camp grounds. we comit anything hidden and secluded so we don't gotta pay money or follow rules. we've only ever been wonken up by the ranger once and we just told him some stupid story and slipped him a 6 pack. he was cool

if yer in oregon check out pegleg falls it's just 1/4 mile before bagby hot springs in mt hood national forest. on the left. 30 foot wide ass waterfall transparent to bottom. now it's probably 55-60 degrees (water temp.) you can camp there or there's some dope spots around the area. umpqua national forest has some dope spots too. there's a spot around tiller that has a huge swimming hole 1ooft long and 10-20 ft cliff/rocks to jump off of. it's off the road and it's a locals only kinda spot but only like 100 people live in the 10 mile radius..california there's hole in the wall north of laytonville..to build 101 they had to divert a river so they blasted a hole through the bottom of a mountain and there's a little spot to be had....i got a shitload more but i'll let you find them the same fucking way i did....

• Like 1

awww man..i killed that fool last time i was out. i was like "you stupid fuck! you know what i put up with in the city?" and he got confused so my homie smashed him in the back of the head with a big ass rock and then i shanked him and we cut him up, cooked him over the fire and fed him to the dogs....shit was off the hook....

I haven't gone camping in a long ass time, but this thread is inspiring me to get my shit together and go.

On a sidenote, don't let this asshole camp with you

Jason%2BVoorhees.jpg

awww man..i killed that fool last time i was out. i was like "you stupid fuck! you know what i put up with in the city?" and he got confused so my homie smashed him in the back of the head with a big ass rock and then i shanked him and we cut him up, cooked him over the fire and fed him to the dogs....shit was off the hook....

hahaha shit. Well I guess no one needs to worry about him inviting himself

i suppose i should say this since i doubt the character of almost everyone on 12 oz...

1. if you bring it in with you, bring it out, don't leave garbage behind.

2. if you shit please dig a hole or a couple of them about 18" wide and about 10 inches deep and cover yer shit up with dirt and then when you leave cover the whole damn thing with dirt.

3. clear the ground of all flammable material in a 3 ft radius around the fire.

4. always have a contained area to have a fire. don't let the fire get too big where embers/flames may ignite things around you. smokey the bear only exists because of idiots that i am trying to address. NEVER LEAVE A FIRE BURNING!!!!

5. please don't paint on the forest service signs. they all got numbers and it's sucks when you gotta stop and figure out which road is which when they split.

there's a really good book called "oregon's swimming holes" it divides oregon up into like six pieces and lists a bunch of swimming holes with directions, physical description of the area, layout, water clarity, water temperture both june and august, level of swimming ability etc....good camping is usually to be had within three-four miles of most places like this...if i can find that fucking cd for the scanner i could scan some shit in for ya....

that got me thinkin.... i should camp right on the beach that would be fucking awesome, id probably sleep really well on top all that soft sand.

im sure i can find a secluded beach or one that allows camping somewhere.

"Overnight camping, including overnight sleeping in tents, driftwood shelters, sleeping bags, recreational vehicles, trailers or automobiles, on the ocean shore within the city limits of Cannon Beach, Lincoln City, Seaside, Newport, Bandon, Gold Beach, Rockaway Beach and Manzanita is prohibited."

anywhere outside of city limits is legal to camp on, and thats probably at least 80% of the oregon coast, ive camped in the city limits many times and never had a problem though. if you do camp right on the beach look for somewhere with high dunes to put your tent behind, it can get windy and nothings worse than sandy beer/food

Here are the pics from when I went camping this year. The fist set is from a full moon party. They throw three of these each summer.

CIMG3055.jpg

The view after coming out of a mountain pass, pretty neat being surrounded on both sides of the car by steep mountain sides and coming out into this huge valley.

CIMG3055.jpg

CIMG3060.jpg

CIMG3061.jpg

setting up

CIMG3066.jpg

CIMG3069.jpg

some people brought the inside, outside!

CIMG3072.jpg

Where the oontz is to commence.

CIMG3079.jpg

CIMG3084.jpg

CIMG3089.jpg

CIMG3093.jpg

leaving

CIMG3096.jpg

CIMG3097.jpg

These are from a much smaller gathering, about 15 close friends, in a really neat spot.

CIMG3162.jpg

The cave/rock overhang where we set up the tables

CIMG3163.jpg

spot I chose

CIMG3167.jpg

Gaurdian of the beer

CIMG3168.jpg

The smoker!

CIMG3170.jpg

Inside the cave

CIMG3172.jpg

The rain did not stop us!

CIMG3174.jpg

CIMG3176.jpg

Listening to dubstep, drinkin', rollin, while inside a giant overhang in the middle of a savage downpour=win

CIMG3183.jpg

The end. I didnt really do any peaceful camping this year, both times were to go to the mountains and party, but it definately wasn't pay spot type shit. And we left no traces.

im glad to see theres still some real m en out there who can stick it out in the woods unlike all you urban dwellers. but whats worse then city folks is people who "camp" in their RV in a big field with water sewage and electrical hookups...

that's my folks right there all summed up. but pops has sleep apnea and needs his machine to help him sleep right. but seriously we just got back from this spot. the whole time i was like this is pretty much kickin it in a fucking cul de sac. the spaces were mega small everyone had their trailer right on top of another shit was wack man for sure. still good times though. did some fishin and cooked some good grub and drank a lot of beer. my girl and i are gonna go campin here pretty soon before the weather turns to complete shit.

Yea last summer i lived in the woods for like 35 days, it was one of the best experiences of my life. It was at a state park in pa, and i lived in this area where kayak instructors lived. They like built there own area ontop of this hill, it was some crazy shit. I fell asleep to the sound of the river current, and about every night a train would ride past about quarter mile away, it was unreal. i would have dreams of trains and shit. Reading Jack Kerouacs On the Road, and Darhma Bums by a fire is something i cant explain in words right now. Just amazing. Nature, camping, hiking, physical work, etc is the center of all life really for me..and beer :)