The BMX Thread

R@ndomH3ro

BMX dudes: what are yalls thoughts on that fixed gear trick stuff? It seems to be looking more and more like bmx these days, although more akward....

I think fixed gears need to stick to what they are made for...track racing, get a bmx if you want to do tricks

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's everyone's opinion on Japanese sankro chromoly? I've heard it's weaker than 4130, but others tell me different.

Sankro chromoly is the same as 4130

Sankro is the company name in Japan that makes 4130 chromoly tubes.

So American 4130 = Japanese 4130, it should be the same.

Fuck the Redline, out of 2009s and the 2010s (while cheap) are ugly/aluminum. Now trying to snag one of these

model-c-black.jpg

B) Anyone have a price though? I can't find one anywhere online and I can't check with out supplier till tomorrow.

Edit- Nevermind. On one site they had it up for $899, but on the Sunday website in a Q/A they said around $560. Dooooooope.

Fuck the Redline, out of 2009s and the 2010s (while cheap) are ugly/aluminum. Now trying to snag one of these

model-c-black.jpg

B) Anyone have a price though? I can't find one anywhere online and I can't check with out supplier till tomorrow.

Edit- Nevermind. On one site they had it up for $899, but on the Sunday website in a Q/A they said around $560. Dooooooope.

The model C's are dope, I rode one on some trails awhile ago. It was awesome, didnt even feel like a 24 at all. It has the same geos as a 20 and the BB is a little high so its kind of weird at first. But it is light as hell and really launches on trails. I liked it a lot

• Like 1

Well fuck... I guess Sunday dropped QBP as a distributor because the guy that founded just made his own distro company, Full Factory. So now I have no way to get the bike ordered/get a discount unless I can:

A. Convince my boss to get a Full Factory account (unlikely)

B. Still get a discount (some companies offer employee discounts for shop employees, etc.)

Nice, I haven't been in the market to buy a complete so I haven't seen them. Those Model C's are dope though. The guy that let me ride his built it up from frame and forks, like I said it almost made me think about getting rid of my 20".

Sunday makes good stuff man, I got some Sunday bars and they are awesome. Funny you said Empire, when I was in Austin I was there all the time. Good dudes.

Man, I really regret selling my bike, probably one of the biggest mistakes ive made. Random Hero do you know if the united completes are any good, I assume they are because they make good stuff.

United...hrmmm, what kind of money are we looking at? Basically on a bike what you are looking for is sealed hubs, cromo frames, 36H double walled wheels unless you want some heavy 48H wheels, BRAKES (unless you are a fag),

Bars and everything else can get replaced but the money is in hubs and wheels so get good ones while you can. Also you need a good strong frame that is light, so go 4130 will get you there.

I would go with the SU2

United_Supreme_SU2_20091228.jpg

http://www.unitedbikeco.com/v2/pd/2010supremeSU2complete.html

More mishaps with me trying to get a bike... I guess the completes they are producing now (to be available in June) are almost sold out already, which means that the next shipment I would be able to get would be in September.

So now I'm contemplating just building one up... The frame set would work out to be around $320 (I think/hope) and I'm still attempting to keep it sort of cheap, and recommended parts/brands for doing so?

For the model C, nothing will be cheap

Get the frame and forks from Sunday, the Morning 24.1 forks and the 24umph bars

For wheels, man whatever fits them muthafukas that has got sealed hubs. You might have to build custom wheels since I dont know a light 24 wheel stock.

Tires, since you are riding dirt/street I would go with a big fat knobby up front (24x2.1) and a semi slick on the back (24x1.95)

Find a nice 25-10 gearing ( I would go with an Animal chain ring, they are awesome)

a good set of cranks (I got Primo's but they will cost you a bunch, get some Oddys or Stolen makes nice ones)

and last but not least DONT GET THOSE FAG ASS PC PEDALS!! They are cheap but you get a little mud on em and you are slipping off like a son of a bitch.

For the model C, nothing will be cheap

For wheels, man whatever fits them muthafukas that has got sealed hubs. You might have to build custom wheels since I dont know a light 24 wheel stock.

You will spend almost as much as the frame/fork on wheels. Not much for stock wheels so gonna have to do custom. Sun ryhnolite xls or alienation runaways are cheapish and lite. Can also get 24" odyssey hazrds but they are not cheap.

Find a nice 25-10 gearing ( I would go with an Animal chain ring, they are awesome).

I ran this gearing on my 24" and hated it. Currently running 30-11. Would like 30-10 a bit better but my hub can't run a 10 tooth cog.

street and park mostly. 25-10 felt too slow.

Really? I run a 25-9 and I accelerate quick, not much on the top speed but I accelerate fast.

Doing trails you need accelerate quick on the first pumps to get over that first jump. After that you just need to clear em. But a 25-10 gets you there.

I dont see how you said its to slow, but I guess to each his own.

What about 33/11? Same ratio (three to one) as 30/10.

33/11?

What the hell man, this aint no road bike.

The only thing with a big gearing is you are going to need to get a hub with flip-flop hubs and a free wheel. I dont know if they make 11 free wheels, I seen 13/16/17/18 everything else is cassette.

Cassettes are lighter and easier man