UK Hip Hop/Grime/Dubstep MegaThread v2!!!!

HardyBucks

Thats the problem, I'm a dubtard and don't know WTF I'm talking about, grime sounds good,

I guess I'm into the more industrial sounds as opposed to hearing soft ass female vocals on some throwback to techno old trance shit.

Also digging some of the bars these kids spit as well, I was just hoping for something larger than this thread to peep soundcloud links and listen for myself.

I'll keep looking around, there are some fresh soundcloud links in here.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been listening to a few dubstep sets, especially the darker sets lately and like it.

The problem is I don't really know shit about dubstep and wasted my time and bandwidth dl'ing random stuff.

If anyone got links to sites where you can preview live sets and download for free, hook it up, I've seen them for other stuff but not dubstep.

Not really into albums or LP's, just sets, only dark shit, last set I downloaded and liked was titled "Gerila X3M".

No idea, guessing it's the DJ's name or some shit.

If anyone has links for darker live sets, or good sites where I can learn, hook it up for your boy across the pond.

that filth link is good for darker shit, also dl that inspector dubplate mix i posted a few pages back... very heavy. check out dubstrash.blogspot.com , a great blog of singles... both dubstep and dnb. 99.9% heavy.

p.s. post 666. Dark/Dirty = win

i really think it makes a difference if you previously listened to a lot of jungle,dnb , gabber,instrumental trip hop, 2step , electrothrash and a few subgrenres of house and techno when it comes to dubstep.

you can weed out a whole lot of crap as well as haer oldschool sounds used in a fresh new way

honestly never thought i'd hear a reece used under 120 bpm or a gabber style 909 kick put to double bass death metal drums chopped and screwed

Thats the problem, I'm a dubtard and don't know WTF I'm talking about, grime sounds good,

I guess I'm into the more industrial sounds as opposed to hearing soft ass female vocals on some throwback to techno old trance shit.

Also digging some of the bars these kids spit as well, I was just hoping for something larger than this thread to peep soundcloud links and listen for myself.

go to youtube and search "UKFDubstep"

that tons of tunes they uploaded. i have a bunch of links i could send you too if you're interested.

i hate shit like this, its just noise too many sounds, dubstep was better a few years ago. hype tunes are fine but this isnt even what its all about you used 2 b able to go to raves stoned out of your box and just move with the music people like mala coki old skream and new skream, skream is very good, vex'd distance youngsta

everyone go youtube vex'd angels

Skream is good?

Considering half of what he produces doesn't even sound like dubstep, not to mention the other few DJ/Producers you listed.

Sorry I posted a really poorly produced CM track but the guy keeps it simple and fun. He actually sticks to the dubstep formula as opposed to most DJ's who don't.

are you kidding!? go back to skreamizm volume 1 and listen to everything by mala and coki thats real dubstep cookie monsta is new breed, like i arent hating on it its just not what dubstep used to be about, to say that vex'd mala coki skream are not dubstep producers is just ridiculous digital mystikz i.e mala coki were integral parts in the begining of the scene, cookie monsta just jumped on the band wagon along with other idiots like trolley snatcher, download dubstep allstars 1, see where it originated from the dark bass in your chest music.

Saying skream, mala, coki etc aren't dubstep is pretty ridiculous. There seems to be quite a lot of confusion outside of the uk as to what dubstep is, which is understandable really as it's so diverse, there isn't a formula, and if there was one it's not that cookie monster type sound, that's fairly recent.

That's the reason it's still one of the most interesting genres of music going, because there are so many different fronts taking influence from other areas and influencing them in turn.

I'm not a fan mostly, just doesn't really appeal to me. I got bored of dnb and then dubstep seemed to start going the same way. I like it dubby rather than whatever you'd call that cookiemonster type sound. I mean if I'm drunk in a club then I can enjoy some but not a whole set, it just starts to get boring.

Haven't actually listened to this in a while but this talk of old skream got me on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNAC8APZymA

Skream is good?

Considering half of what he produces doesn't even sound like dubstep, not to mention the other few DJ/Producers you listed.

Sorry I posted a really poorly produced CM track but the guy keeps it simple and fun. He actually sticks to the dubstep formula as opposed to most DJ's who don't.

Dubstep was originally deep bassy shit, 2step and what not. Skream is like THE dubstep guy.

here's a grime mix that I'm quite feeling

Grime seems to have been losing it's grittier edge over the last few years though from what I see (I'm no expert) so you might want to try and dig out some older sets. Problem with it is pretty much noone can make any money from it so it's getting more dancey

Randomly looked it up, don't really know much

about it but this song is great once it hits 27

seconds i get hphy

track listing for this mix is:

bar 9 - shaolin style

datsik - jenova project

crissy criss & youngman - kick snare

bar 9 - murda sound VIP

datsik - havoc

bar 9 - untitled symphony

black sun empire - hyper sun. (they are primarily dnb but starting to cross over into dubstep now)

exactly the same for me, it's just gone pass the point of listenable music for me, i can see why people like it, but theres so many better produced tunes it sounds messy to me clicked 1 too many buttons on fruity loops.

such a brilliant tune, what about

word!

i love roots dubstep.. benga, coki, skream etc. shit hits so hard on real systems!

Saying skream, mala, coki etc aren't dubstep is pretty ridiculous. There seems to be quite a lot of confusion outside of the uk as to what dubstep is, which is understandable really as it's so diverse, there isn't a formula, and if there was one it's not that cookie monster type sound, that's fairly recent.

That's the reason it's still one of the most interesting genres of music going, because there are so many different fronts taking influence from other areas and influencing them in turn.

Well, I think some people try a little too hard and a lot of the tracks they produce aren't as good as stuff thats a little bit simpler as apposed to jamming as much stuff into one track.

And I know who the so-called pioneers of dubstep are. You don't have to like every single DJ/Producer.