UK Hip Hop/Grime/Dubstep MegaThread v2!!!!

HardyBucks

eh.

maybe it's just me, but the 2 songs they got on youtube are horrible.

overrated in my opinion, let em do their own thing, all 3 together just sounds shit.

cyberman is pretty decent if you think of it in terms of bassline music though..whatever the fuck bassline music is

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah cyberman is decent.

but maybe im just in a bad mood, because everything i've listened too from them on youtube just makes me want to kill dubstep if it were a human.

i dont know maybe i should revisit their shit when im in a better mood, or rolling / acid

but, on another note i just listened to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKovDIyJvWI&feature=related

and it's not half bad

still i honestly think supergroups are overrated and when you put 3 people together who are all awesome at what they do alone, or are good on a collabo / taking eachothers work and tweaking it, it just comes out sounding horrid. since usually they all fight for creative control on songs. maybe that's not the same with these 3.

yeah cyberman is decent.

but maybe im just in a bad mood, because everything i've listened too from them on youtube just makes me want to kill dubstep if it were a human.

i dont know maybe i should revisit their shit when im in a better mood, or rolling / acid

but, on another note i just listened to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKovDIyJvWI&feature=related

and it's not half bad

still i honestly think supergroups are overrated and when you put 3 people together who are all awesome at what they do alone, or are good on a collabo / taking eachothers work and tweaking it, it just comes out sounding horrid. since usually they all fight for creative control on songs. maybe that's not the same with these 3.

They have been doing this side project for a while now. Ive heard quite a few of them on old rinse.fm shows that are prolly a couple years old now.

minus... i want my deathface dammit

that and you cant forget dubsteps roots though... personally i hated 2step with a passion but alot of dubstep has a definite 2step feel to it.

then there are the styles where hardcore/gabber ,the bajillion genres of jungle/dnb ,house/techno/electro/ ,idm ,body music, industrial ect ect..show.

that'd be a sad day when the only thing that makes a track is the drop and how *filthy it is*

//coffee

minus... i want my deathface dammit

that and you cant forget dubsteps roots though... personally i hated 2step with a passion but alot of dubstep has a definite 2step feel to it.

then there are the styles where hardcore/gabber ,the bajillion genres of jungle/dnb ,house/techno/electro/ ,idm ,body music, industrial ect ect..show.

that'd be a sad day when the only thing that makes a track is the drop and how *filthy it is*

//coffee

i hate it when people tell me to check out this sick dubstep song.

and it sucks, and i ask them what they thought was sick about it, and the only thing they say is "the drop on it, its fucking filthy!" i want to gut them with a rusty spoon.

there is more to the fucking song then the god damn drop.

the best is.

me " hey thats cool you like dubstep you get into grime or d n b at all?? "

them "whats grime and drum n bass? is that like techno?"

i hear that shit on the regular in wisconsin.

it usually ends up with me listing a shit ton of artists and them having a blank impatient stare on their face..

hahaha!

yeah same here moogle, it's terrible.

or i hear someone listening to like datsik, or someone else quiet well known.

and i go "oh cool you are into dubstep, who else do you like?"

"huh? what's dubstep? this guy is datsik, it's like cool techno electro stuff"

or this is the other response

"nah, i only like datsik (or someone else) i'm not really into all that shit"

makes me wanna smack the shit out of em.

so i usually don't even try to explain to the first response what a horrible mistake they just made, unless it's a girl who doesn't know better, or a friend who is musically retarded.

At party last night

Some kid walks up "Oh you're playing dubstep I love them they're so cool"

Me::lol:

Ten minutes later some girl approaches "That's cool I've never really met anyone who liked the whole dubstepy type thing, have you ever heard of deadmau5?"

I contemplated walking outside and offing myself right there.

Aquacrunk

street bass

wonky

i dont even...... but i guess that what my friend was telling me about this weekend.. its the newer kinda crap.

turns out starkey and flying lotus have been doing it for a minute

its too r&b for my tastes

eh...

rustie