starving children vs. upscale dining???

Guest 50million

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 50million

fist-

I don't think that it is fair to say that because we work for whole foods we probably don't know how to cook.

I cooked before I started working there. I continue to cook, just with better ingredients through the discount.

I'm not gonna say the store doesn't generally cost more than other grocery stores, cus even I think I could cut down on my food costs a little bit.

But I can definitely cook. I may not be the best, but I ain't that bad at it either.

Guest 50million

well, thats the employees money pretty much. so they take it seriously

and fuck everything you read on the internets

that is so fucked up that you can just print whatever you feel like (to an extent) on the label and then charge more because it says 'organic'

I prefer to get all produce from the local farmers market anyway, that way I know what I'm getting

and I tend to buy my meat from safeway

Well since the rep is on here expressing their opinion, I'll post mine.

Whole foods items are overpriced, yuppie bullshit made of fail and AIDS.

If you want organic food go to a farmer's market.

Whole foods injects malaria and syphilis into their fish and rolls the beef around in pig shit before they sell it.

Whole foods kills babies and sells the meat as pork.

Whole foods raped my grandmother when she turned 80 while screaming in her ears "WE ARE GOD" with a megaphone until they bled.

Whole foods hates black people.

Whole foods is where bad catholics go when they die.

Whole foods sells organic milk made from white house paint and dog urine.

Whole foods went to a talent agent. He hadn't seen them before, but they said they had a great act for him. So anyway, PRESIDENT WHOLEFOODS walks in and sits down across from the agent, and they stare at each other for a minute, and finally the agent says, "Well, exactly what is it that you do?"

Whole foods says,

"Oh, it's a fantastic act, you'll love it. After a hard day's work at the store, all the employees get together and drive over to Walmart to spend their paychecks on groceries and shower curtains. Then we go back to the store, spread out the shower curtains, and everybody takes a nice big whole grain 7 bean shit in one big pile in the middle of the baby food isle. Then, three employees grab me, rip off my pants, put me in stirrups, and begin shoving organic beef into my anus. Every night is like a wonderful contest to see how many pieces of beef and dicks will fit at the same time. I inevitably begin bleeding, and the chunky shit filled ass blood is collected in a half-filled jug of extra extra extra virgin olive oil. They fill this jug up with shit from the pile, shake it up, then all the employees smear their bodies with shitty bloody olive oil until I cum from the sight of it. The force of ejaculation usually ejects all the beef from my ass where the employees carefully towel it off and put it back on the shelves for the next day. Finally, overcome with it all, everyone throws themselves into the giant pile of stinking bean shit in the middle of the floor and begins ruthlessly anal raping each other until they're covered with the cum and blood of everyone. "

And the agent looks at him and says, "Wow, that's one hell of an act. What do you call it?"

To which PRESIDENT WHOLEFOODS replies:

"THE ARISTOCRATS!"

fist-

I don't think that it is fair to say that because we work for whole foods we probably don't know how to cook.

you're right, there are exceptions, and i respect you so i apologize for throwing you into that group of fail.

i have met some great chefs/cooks through wfm. but i have also eaten some pure garbage from wfm and from wfm employees

i know wfm real well. i spent near 4 years working for the boulder store before the corporate bullshit was too much. they're full of it. i'm still in good contact with several employees of varying status at the stores and corporately i have minimal respect for what is going on.

soup--i am a very angry person. there are some things i take seriously, food is one of them. if you can't track what you said to piss me off then i'll just leave it be.

I know one dude who is a regional manager

He seems to enjoy it but they work him like a horse and he's a hippie who is only qualified to do that.

They actually came into town and bought up Wild Oats, which was a local chain with real organic foods using only locally grown produce

Fist-

no worries, i wasn't really taking it seriously.

But you are right about the whole corporate thing. It is interesting for me to see how it is.

I grew up with one of the first whole foods in Houston and place was hippy as fuck back in the day. It has changed so much in its history.

I am in an odd position, technically I am on the Admin team, but im sort of left to my own devices as IT support and Data management. So I chill in my office, print tags, fix shit, walk around and talk to Team Members and Customers. I enjoy things.

Some days get hectic and there are moments were I am just like "Really, Whole Foods? Really?"

The turnover rate seems pretty heavy here to. Minor infractions get people the chop all the time it seems.

But I try not to pay attention to that as I am high up enough in the store that I report directly to the store team leader and don't deal with a lot of the company's bullshit. The most I deal with that is a hassle is a not so bright Dairy Team Member.

And that 20% discount is hard to beat.

20%? thats all.

i used to leave each night out the back door with a few full bags for a significantly higher discount than that....

turnover used to be real low in boulder, my whole team (former dairy team leader/buyer) had been there for 1.5 years or more.

it was fun when we tried to unionize the store...

The Bay Area grocery union (or at least UFCW Local 101) is a joke. It's run by a bunch of hard-sell motherfuckers who wouldn't understand that as long as the employees are being taken care of at Whole Foods (which seems to be the case) then there's no need for a union.

Hey Fist you ever read this book?

http://www.amazon.com/Food-Younger-Land-Food-Before-Restaurants/dp/1594488657/ref=reg_hu-wl_item-added

And if not I thought it might be something interesting.

i haven't seen this. will check it out for sure tho. thanks.

and to unionizing wfm: for us it was mostly a frustration with our immediate leadership within grocery and our ATL's fucking our dept over while prep foods, specialty, and the front end got everything. unionizing was not the answer, but it was our only option (we'd gone as far as we could within corporate trying to get change, and slowly but surely they kept taking and taking, and i left.)

Guest 50million
I know one dude who is a regional manager

He seems to enjoy it but they work him like a horse and he's a hippie who is only qualified to do that.

They actually came into town and bought up Wild Oats, which was a local chain with real organic foods using only locally grown produce

wild oats had over 100 stores in many different states.

Guest 50million
all I know is they sold bovine placenta juice raw

so does whole foods.

so an update: i go june 10th. when i arrive back at home on june 11th, i will promptly let you all know how the dinner went.

there is a pool at the hotel. im almost more excited about that than the dinner itself..

http://www.blackherbals.com/usda_report_indicates_that_organic_labeling_fraud_increasing.htm

2008 USDA audit showing half of organic labelling was fraudulent

Because a maximum penalty of 10 grand is totally a big deal to companies who pull in millions of dollars in profit!:rolleyes:

its funny because right after you made the comment about non existant organic regulation

i googled it and found them but then thought, well the organic certifiers are a whole other google search,

its cool there are so many educated individuals on this forum

soup--i am a very angry person. there are some things i take seriously, food is one of them. if you can't track what you said to piss me off then i'll just leave it be.

Hahah I know you well enough to presume exactly how you'd disambiguate my posts, so the fact that you'd even say "I'll just leave it be." is a respectable thing to see from you. Regardless, if you wanna spell it out go for it.

Archived