starving children vs. upscale dining???

Guest 50million

Guest 50million

maybe i should make this a poll but...

ive recently been dating this really nice dude who is super into food. he made reservations to go to the french laundry in marin ( http://www.frenchlaundry.com/ - supposedly thee best resultant in all of america) and he asked me to go with him. now this place is extremely expensive.

i eat regular shit like sushi, tacos, lasagna, and i like to cook and i like good food. i dont normally ever eat and joints like this because there are starving people around the world. $400 can get me a few plates and some drinks there, or i could buy tons of rice and send it to someone who is in need.

should i go for the experience?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell him to take you to a classy joint like the Taco Bell in Demolition Man. They have rice there.

Fuck the starving kids. Do for self.

Just don't forget to put out after a nice meal.

Guest 50million

Just don't forget to put out after a nice meal.

i'm hoping to before the dinner......since the reservations are so far in advance :)

what if the sex is terrible?

Guest 50million

actually i'm paying for myself. if i go.

i'm 90% sure I will go. I'm not very into fancy dining, but I'm pretty into this dude.

Ho-lee shit.

At first, I'm like where's the prices? ...And got scared like I was in the situation myself.

Then I scroll down and see some french lingo and the numbers 240.00

FuCk ThAt NoIsE!

I ain't never paying that for a meal that won't even fill me up!

Somebody prank the place:

P.S. FUCK starving children, if you're in question, send that shit my way. That's my car payment and a few weeks of groceries.

Menu looks awseome. If he's makin you pay and you dont want to fork out that kinda money suggest the culinary institute up the road in St Helena. Prices are cool and the food is hella good. Me and the ole lady go there every now and then and its always good food and service.

• Like 1

yo

if your paying for the meal

dont do it

paying 400 for fucking food is a sin and you shouldnt let that shit rock

slap the shit out of your man friend take a drive to a dark neighborhood blow 50 on weed 20 on beer 30 on food and i think youll have a way better time than faking the funk at some bourgesoi stunt fest

I'm into fine dining.

On a few occasions we've spent $1k on a night of food and wine.

Last week for my wife's birthday we flew to Vegas and had Joël Robuchon cook for us.

Robuchon has been crowned the chef of the century.

It's pretty cool because my wife spoke japanese and french to him.

French Laundry is a great place, probably top 5 in the world!

Thomas Keller is serious bizzness.

It's cool you got a reservation, was it for dinner or lunch?

Lunch is cheaper and easier to get a reservation, last I heard dinner reservations were a 4-5 months wait for average people.

Also the dude sounds like a douche if he's making you pay, unless it's strictly "friend zone".

yeah, i would go. if he is paying.. why don't you use some of the money that you would have spent on your own meal there to buy some food for the homeless or donate a lil cash to a charity.

sounds like a win win situation.

if you're not going to go with him, someone else will. might as well just enjoy it girlfriend!