The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

Fair enough.

I can appreciate that sentiment. Rather than releasing before ready, release when they have aged correctly anyways without the price inflation. Your rant seemed to be of the "fuck this good beer trend, blah blah blah" form. The position you put forth here is reasonable though.

However, I still contend that doing a vertical tasting of three different years of the same beer show not only the aging process but the uniqueness of each batch. So in that way, there is still a counter to the idea you put out here.

Cool.

What's your favorite type of beer? Just curious.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I think "fresh" is a hard word to use in this case. I think that's where I take issue with your comments.

Is a beer thats been barrel conditioned fresh when you get it? Was it fresh before it got conditioned by the brewery, or is it still fresh if I keep the same beer in my closet for a year because my personal taste is not to have that beer be so hot on the alcohol?

DSCN2999.jpg

Ninkasi Sleigh'R

A delicious northwest seasonal brewed with winter in mind. A dark double alt, malty, nourishing and delicious, it's sure to keep the winter at bay, and yes, Sleigh'r does rock!

7.2% alc./vol. 50 ibus.

I'm not going to lie, this beer gave me a boner after the first sip. Has to be probably one of my favorite seasonal winter brews. Easy to find for my Pacific Northwest heads.

not half bad at 9%............

11h7347.jpg

Chimay Bleue (Blue), 9% abv darker ale. In the 75 cl bottle, it is known as Grande Réserve. This copper-brown beer has a creamy head and a slightly bitter taste. Considered to be the "classic" Chimay ale, it exhibits a considerable depth of fruity, peppery character. The taste continues to evolve and develop with a few years of age, and is extremely popular with the Belgian population.

DSCN2999.jpg

Ninkasi Sleigh'R

A delicious northwest seasonal brewed with winter in mind. A dark double alt, malty, nourishing and delicious, it's sure to keep the winter at bay, and yes, Sleigh'r does rock!

7.2% alc./vol. 50 ibus.

I'm not going to lie, this beer gave me a boner after the first sip. Has to be probably one of my favorite seasonal winter brews. Easy to find for my Pacific Northwest heads.

bump this! Ninkasi's the shit. I love me some Total Domination IPA wish we could get some in the rest of the us