12oz I need your $$donations

alure

If Machai has star quality most agencies will invest in him.

You shouldn't have to pay money upfront for anything.

As mentioned earlier this sounds like a scam.

exactly!

when i was about machai's age i was "noticed" by a talent scout that my mom knew. she referred us to a photographer, he took pics and composed a "comp-card/head shot" for me and then the talent scout referred us to an agent.

they picked me up and got me work. so, like i was saying, the only time we laid out money was for the photos and i'm sure you know a decent photographer who will hook you up.

all you need to do is mail a bunch of them out to different agencies with a little bio about machai. does he sing, dance, play ball all of that type of stuff, age, height, eye and hair color, you get the idea.

oh also, if you can get a subscription to http://www.backstage.com/bso/index.jsp

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well i was very aprehensive at first when i found out you had to pay money. I know the deal. But they never state they are going to make you a star. They just say they bring the agencies to you... they had quite a few people like some dude from lost that they had found.

I also know you shouldnt have to pay any money but they ARE NOT AN AGENCY!! They bring the agencies to you. I dont know. I figure why not try it. they say you wont have to pay any money from the agencies or tv networks...

invest in the childs future... not his modeling carreer...

if anything this 750 should be put into a savings account for his future schooling.

or for paint.

sounds like a scam. like the ones all these hoes goto the mall to see if they got talent. and then nothing happens with em but they're out of money in the end.

well i was very aprehensive at first when i found out you had to pay money. I know the deal. But they never state they are going to make you a star. They just say they bring the agencies to you... they had quite a few people like some dude from lost that they had found.

I also know you shouldnt have to pay any money but they ARE NOT AN AGENCY!! They bring the agencies to you. I dont know. I figure why not try it. they say you wont have to pay any money from the agencies or tv networks...

you can get in touch with the agencies on your own and for free, if you spend a hour or so on google, it won't be a problem.

sounds like you should use the $750 for head shots *and go straight to the agencies yourself

i would guess if she shopped around she could get photos and prints for under $500.

she could use the $750 as a budget for photos, pirnts, and mailings to agencies.

that's probably more worth her time, effort and money.

hahaha fist 666...

no i really appreciate everyone looking out.

i still want to take him tho. i mean $5 from everyone.. thats not much to lose right? I dont know im still going to think about it. Im STILL going to send in photos and such also, I am looking at this very moment.

invest in the childs future... not his modeling carreer...

if anything this 750 should be put into a savings account for his future schooling.

or for paint.

decoded here has some constructive input.

I particularly like how he advised you to invest in his college fund and a future paint fund in the same breath :lol:

hahaha fist 666...

no i really appreciate everyone looking out.

i still want to take him tho. i mean $5 from everyone.. thats not much to lose right? I dont know im still going to think about it. Im STILL going to send in photos and such also, I am looking at this very moment.

but why would you pay someone so much when you could possibly get nothing? When you could take less cash and actually get in the game and profit off it.

i'm still trying to get pretty boy absinthe party to get into male modeling so i can be his agent and bag all the excess female models he will be chilling with.

should we work on my being your stylist before or after my supposed modeling career?

*nh.

also, alure, i'm fairly certain that what you've described is a scam of some sort. along the same lines as those "new faces modeling agencies" that can be found in malls asking everyone if they've "ever considered modeling" in an effort to get you to purchase either headshots or services similar to the one you described. apparently, i did some modeling as a baby (needless to say, i don't remember it.... being that i was a fucking baby and all....) but my mother said that she never had to pay for anything like you're describing. i would highly recommend that you save your money and just go to a reputable agency on your own.

Archived