The Secret and Subconscious Art of Graffiti Removal

mindvapors

Guest shai_hulud
I can feel where you're coming from in that I started writing for the same reasons most kids did. Like a prank, cause it's fun and exiting and all that.

But then you get into it and start getting rep and all that and then here comes some buster dissing your shit or going over you or whatever and it's basically on par with somebody walking up and spitting in your face infront of everybody that you know and alot of other people that you don't know.

I mean it's bad enough that you have to compete with the city buffing your shit, but then for some other civilian to come and spit in your face???

How are you not going to react to that accordingly?

If you're talking about the buff jerk, then....fire extinguisher tags would be an obnoxious way to get his attention...lots of them, over windows, stonework, cornices, ledges...I've seen extinguishers shoot 30 feet high. And, you want to talk about grimey....

He'd have to become the "buff jerk who also rolls around with a boom truck and pressure washer".

It'd be interesting to see how much someone could force him to step up his game.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shai_hulud
there's lots of art in taking a shit too. i mean you got floaters, non floaters aka sinkers...

I like "shitwrecks" myself. That's where you poop so tough that it packs the bowl and part of the poop pokes up out of the water...like a shipwreck, hence the name.

Also, it's not a real dump unless you-

-Gronk like a dinosaur

-Wipe less than three times

-Flush less than twice

I like "shitwrecks" myself. That's where you poop so tough that it packs the bowl and part of the poop pokes up out of the water...like a shipwreck, hence the name.

Also, it's not a real dump unless you-

-Gronk like a dinosaur

-Wipe less than three times

-Flush less than twice

Last week I took the hugest most stubornest shit of my life.

I was literally in pain.

I honestly was starting to think it wasn't going to come out on its own.

It felt like it was too fucking wide to squeeze through.

I was honestly in fear of turning myself inside out with this one shit.

Then when all was said and done, the beast finally reared its ugliy head... and sank down the hole and into the pipe never to be seen.

I was kinda disapointed.

I at least wanted to get a good look at this beastshit that practically tore me a new asshole.

Oh well.

• Like 1

I can easily see why those buff marks are subconscious art to somebody...

I found them visually very appealing and wouldn't mind to see them around either.

But even that is something I don't see locally at all, unless it's on very private property or something, where the owner doesn't have the same color in storage every time etc.

Graffiti on concrete is pretty much always sandblasted, which creates ugly violent shadows and sort of a blurry gray mark.

It basically says "visual glitch removed by authority" or something.

Ink on any remotely glossy surface is buffed with chemicals that leave fucked up shadows or "clouds" of ink after round wiping in the veins of karate-kid II

On the metro line they even have a special car with a paint cannon on top that's going over everything with gray paint.

The effect is no better there either: You still see someone was there, but motherfuckers just had to do their half assed buff over it.

The city even buffs the fucking temporary plywood fences used for construction yards with the same tone of paint they must have like billon gallons in storage for the buff. posters and stickers just get painted over.

it's retarded.

After thinking about aspects of graffiti removal for a couple of years I'm more and more getting to like Spaghetti Oner as a retaliation for buffing. it's visually the same thing and a logical answer to the terms the city chose to battle this shit.

They represent with the sloppy greyscale tones, identifiable by everyone, the opposing front uses strokes of spraypaint or marker. All graffiti writers are labelled as the same bunch of hoodlums.

You don't even have to spell out letters anymore, it's all about who's on top of the paint layer.

I love the spaghetti

/vent

Guest shai_hulud
Last week I took the hugest most stubornest shit of my life.

I was literally in pain.

I honestly was starting to think it wasn't going to come out on its own.

It felt like it was too fucking wide to squeeze through.

I was honestly in fear of turning myself inside out with this one shit.

Then when all was said and done, the beast finally reared its ugliy head... and sank down the hole and into the pipe never to be seen.

I was kinda disapointed.

I at least wanted to get a good look at this beastshit that practically tore me a new asshole.

Oh well.

Ah yes...that's what I call a "Tear-ass" followed by a "Ghost".

The best ones are when you take a "Tear-ass" in a handicapped stall in a public bathroom. I grab on to the handles (I call them "oh-shit" handles) and rattle them real good, bang my head on the wall, yell, generally make a ruckus...I've had people ask me if I was okay before. Good times.

2052294512_b6eab89757.jpg

Who is that, Olive Oyl? Seriously.

hahaha, this was a comment on the site linked...

Comment from cheechy

Time: December 10, 2007, 9:28 pm

sorry but no. this idea is as bad as the back ground music to the movie. it is simply covering up something of a certain size with something else. You know what f it i am taking advantage of the stupidity running rampant in the arts section of this world. Daily i will now be photographing the unconscious art of my poo. Everyday i create at least one truly beautiful piece of art and squander it down the drain well no more. If people will pay for this and give grants for this then surely they will pay for my fecal matter.

Guest shai_hulud
hahaha, this was a comment on the site linked...

Comment from cheechy

Time: December 10, 2007, 9:28 pm

sorry but no. this idea is as bad as the back ground music to the movie. it is simply covering up something of a certain size with something else. You know what f it i am taking advantage of the stupidity running rampant in the arts section of this world. Daily i will now be photographing the unconscious art of my poo. Everyday i create at least one truly beautiful piece of art and squander it down the drain well no more. If people will pay for this and give grants for this then surely they will pay for my fecal matter.

Meh. Been done before.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artist%27s_Shit

no you battle by going back over his buffs with a tag, hollow, or throwup. over and over again.

i suggest watching the dvd so you can get a better understanding... other writers talk about how they know him personally.

the dude has organized events for legal walls and shit. he said he likes graff (pieces). he just doesn't like grimey tags and throwups.

oh yeah, a couple philly writers met him too and were cool with him, during the making of the documentary.

thats...... uh...

kinda wierd to me actually...

but toomer made a good point in the beginning of the movie..

"tag turns into a throw, throw turns into a burner, burner turns into a lil piece,

piece turns into a lil wildstyle type thing, and that turns into the murals and productions"

so without all those "grimey tags" you wouldnt be seeing alot of these murals...

and that makes alot of sense really...

This dude SYM did a huge ass fire extinguisher tag on a highway tunnel and they used a water pressure hose to buff it.

Now shit is crazy permanent because where they used water pressure it cleaned the wall lighter than the rest of it and they simply went over the paint, not the entire area.

Fuck. I just visited the Boston thread for the first time in a long while trying to find that flick but failed. :(