Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mindvapors

The Secret and Subconscious Art of Graffiti Removal

The Secret and Subconscious Art of Graffiti Removal

http://weburbanist.com/2007/12/09/satirical-or-strangely-true-the-secret-and-subconscious-art-of-graffiti-removal/

Most would argue that graffiti removal is at best the elimination of vandalism or at worst the destruction of art, right? One award-winning film argues something quite different: that graffiti removal is the ultimate next step in the progression of modern art. Despite its semi-satirical intent, The Subconscious Art of Graffiti Removal raises many provocative questions and is an oddly compelling look at what might be the most overlooked art of our time. A closer look at the film reveals some surprising and strange realities regarding the art of graffiti removal.

Discuss..

No "Art" is involved with graffiti removal. It's just one step closer to conformity.

Fuck that book.

i fucking hate "discuss" threads. mods would fucking ban these retards if they did anything else besides making pointless threads 60% of the times themselves.

a "discuss" thread means the person making it can not come up with a fucking thought themselves so they have to ask for people to do it for them. pathetic.

die.

i saw this awhile back and although some of the photos had some visually appealing qualities it had a lot more to do with how the picture was taken rather than how the people buffed the wall.

yeah.

yea, the citizens who hate graffiti should just pretend its not there.

therefore, the cities wouldnt have to spend money on the buff

i think its more a commentary on how while the buff is trying to erase graffiti (or what these flickr nerds are callin art) they are actually creating shapes and colors on the wall that in some cases create interesting designs...ive noticed this before and found it interesting but once things like this blow up it just turns into people taking pictures of buffed walls....

Well then I have serious beef with Buff Oner.

What a fucking pussy, he actually goes out and gets permisson, nay, he gets paid to go over me!??!

Go over me!?!!?!!?

I'ma take him out with oneliners.....

Fuck a blockbuster. Kid needs to keep his work in the toy thread....wtf noob, go back to paper chase.

Guest spectr

I think it can actually be pretty fucking dope... like I said in another thread this was posted in...

Roll out a wall one color then pick a color that almost matches to roll out your letters in... leave it on some subliminal shit... or just go hit highways with battleship grey or whatever color they use and leave your letter form really loose so it looks like it is a buff.. I have been talking about this for a few years... though I haven't done it all that much...

Nahh, I like my graffiti bold and readable.

I mean, then you'd have kids having to get all up close to your shit or whatever....and they'd go over you without even knowing....then wars would start.

"SON! You fucking went over my nearly invisable straight letter!"

Guest shai_hulud

I remember TWIST was on some big kick about taking photos of buff marks. He's a weird one.

I like buff marks. They're like frames for my tags.

I like when you do a fill on a black wall and they use white to buff it.

And they do it perfectly in the shape of your fill.

So you can basically just go back and rock a hollow that looks like a fillin. :biglaugh:

they do that around here a lot... i notice that sometimes they use brushes to buff tags and they follow the lines? so it just makes your tag wider and in a different color

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now