The Secret and Subconscious Art of Graffiti Removal

mindvapors

The Secret and Subconscious Art of Graffiti Removal

http://weburbanist.com/2007/12/09/satirical-or-strangely-true-the-secret-and-subconscious-art-of-graffiti-removal/

Most would argue that graffiti removal is at best the elimination of vandalism or at worst the destruction of art, right? One award-winning film argues something quite different: that graffiti removal is the ultimate next step in the progression of modern art. Despite its semi-satirical intent, The Subconscious Art of Graffiti Removal raises many provocative questions and is an oddly compelling look at what might be the most overlooked art of our time. A closer look at the film reveals some surprising and strange realities regarding the art of graffiti removal.

Discuss..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i fucking hate "discuss" threads. mods would fucking ban these retards if they did anything else besides making pointless threads 60% of the times themselves.

a "discuss" thread means the person making it can not come up with a fucking thought themselves so they have to ask for people to do it for them. pathetic.

die.

i think its more a commentary on how while the buff is trying to erase graffiti (or what these flickr nerds are callin art) they are actually creating shapes and colors on the wall that in some cases create interesting designs...ive noticed this before and found it interesting but once things like this blow up it just turns into people taking pictures of buffed walls....

Well then I have serious beef with Buff Oner.

What a fucking pussy, he actually goes out and gets permisson, nay, he gets paid to go over me!??!

Go over me!?!!?!!?

I'ma take him out with oneliners.....

Fuck a blockbuster. Kid needs to keep his work in the toy thread....wtf noob, go back to paper chase.

I think it can actually be pretty fucking dope... like I said in another thread this was posted in...

Roll out a wall one color then pick a color that almost matches to roll out your letters in... leave it on some subliminal shit... or just go hit highways with battleship grey or whatever color they use and leave your letter form really loose so it looks like it is a buff.. I have been talking about this for a few years... though I haven't done it all that much...