13yr old girl commits suicide over loss of fake myspace friend

Guest spectr

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shai_hulud
honestly i am conflicted on how to feel about this...

the girl obviously had some mental problems... what the people did was pretty fucked up... and it really sucks that she killed herself...

but....

she killed herself over losing a fake myspace friend... i really have to laugh at this in some ways...

its tragic... but shit... american soldiers kill iraqi's all the time.... and no one even notices...

I'm about to make some people mad. Maybe even you, spectr.

Do I feel bad about this girl dying? A little. Do I feel bad for her friends? No. Her family? ESPECIALLY, NO.

You mean to tell me that her parents didn't notice how fucked in the head their kid was? What would you do if YOUR kid was suicidal about getting kicked to the curb by someone who never EXISTED? I would like to think they would ake the day off and get her some help.

Here's the way it's gonna play out- "We NEVER KNEW she had a problem till it was too late, boo hoo hoo. Now, we're gonna ruin someone else's life in court because we're so blind, deaf and dumb that we never noticed our daughter was fucked up."

I notice that people are dying in Iraq, on both sides. I think American soldiers are doing a shitty job i would never do, and I respect them for it and wish them no harm.

I remember my frind telling me she voted for Bush because she wanted revolution, and the only way things were going to change was if they got a lot worse.

Well, I'm waiting...how much harder does life for most Americans have to suck before things start to improve? 13 year olds shouldn't be killing themselves. Especially over shit like this.

A few of the fundamentalist Muslims I've read up on lately have made some VERY valid points about America being a sick and decadent society. Get butt hurt about that if you want, but it's true.

You're fucking kidding, right?

perhaps i am just in an odd mood tonight, but no.

the world is a mad fucked up place. people to crazy shit all the time. the most we can hope is that that crazy shit don't happen to us.

it sucks for that girl, but obviously there were deeper issues than just that family fucking with her

everyone who commits suicide has a reason, and they are each as tragic as this one.

perhaps the "yawn" part of it wasn't necessary, but whatever. she dead, i aint.

haha... you almost sound like me now shai.... has the world really gotten you that jaded...

I mean i say as long as her family has the money to do this.... shit if you didn't get in on the rush to rape the world for everything it had fuck you.... sorry no deals, you're cut... but if you did... hey we got you're back.... don't worry about a single thing...

Guest shai_hulud

All right, I will try AIM. spectr.

Crooked- I just get mad about stories like this. The priorities of the average American are so far out of whack that it astounds me.

I'm homeless. I had to get rid of about 95% of my possessions in the past few months. I had two shitty jobs in a row where I had to choose between paying rent and eating. My family is...well, they're not going to offer much beyond advice, criticism, and pointed reminders of mistakes I've made in the past. A lot of my friends turned out to not be my friends, after all. I drink too much, I'm lonely, and I have npthing going on with the ladies.

I admit, there are times that I think I would be better off dead. But, am I suicidal? Would I do it? NO. All the shit I put up with has got me down, but it's also made me stronger in some weird way. Plus, there's a few people out there that I know my death would affect, and I'm not selfish enough to hurt them by taking the easy way out.

I'll bet that girl pretty much had everything she could have wanted, except for parents that were involved in her life and peers that supported her. It makes you wonder what the real tragedy is, in a way- her death, or the circumstances leading up to it.

man shai.... really... you lived in the hood... you know it... and i hate to have to say this but shit... how many of these people really know anything about how are we going to have to live reality.... yo, maybe its like dawood said, and some problem from the burbs... but i can't imagine where i grew, people just killing them self off... i lost more then a few friends, from drugs, violence, and accidents.... but never a one to suicide, and never one to some shit like this....

I mean were her parents really that out of touch with her? what did you just sit her in front of the t.v. and the computer all day? were you those parents who just got caught slaving away, thinking about how much you could buy your child with those hard earned slave dollars..... did you somehow through your tv viewing just assume that nothing bad ever happens in life until it happens to you.... yeah well sorry, there is a whole world of shit out there and this is the beginning of it.... enjoy with the rest of use, and learn how to shut to fuck up and deal with it.....

Guest shai_hulud

I don't feel like dealing with AIM, spectr. Too much headache right now. Sorry. I'll call you tomorrow, though.

But, let me tell you a story.

When I was 26, my friend Bones killed himself. I found out about it at work. He called in sick to work and hung himself. I somehow managed to get through the day...my dad (who I'm not that close to) gave me a ride home, and asked me what was wrong.

I said, "Well, one of my friends hung himself this morning, and I feel guilty because I knew he was depressed. I feel like I should have done something, you know?"

He couldn't really say much to that.

It happened again when my friend SHAM did the same exact same thing in Portland three years later. I knew the guy was depressed, and I had tried to reach him. Nothing doing.

I think most people make the decision to end their lives some time before they actually do it. It's just a hunch, but it's usually something minor that sets them off.

I don't know. My friend just died recently, and there's a lot of questions and rumors surrounding his death right now. So, it could be that I'm just preoccupied with the subject.

And, yeah. I am pretty bitter these days. However, there would be something REALLY wrong with me if I wasn't.

I don't feel like dealing with AIM, spectr. Too much headache right now. Sorry. I'll call you tomorrow, though.

But, let me tell you a story.

When I was 26, my friend Bones killed himself. I found out about it at work. He called in sick to work and hung himself. I somehow managed to get through the day...my dad (who I'm not that close to) gave me a ride home, and asked me what was wrong.

I said, "Well, one of my friends hung himself this morning, and I feel guilty because I knew he was depressed. I feel like I should have done something, you know?"

He couldn't really say much to that.

It happened again when my friend SHAM did the same exact same thing in Portland three years later. I knew the guy was depressed, and I had tried to reach him. Nothing doing.

I think most people make the decision to end their lives some time before they actually do it. It's just a hunch, but it's usually something minor that sets them off.

I don't know. My friend just died recently, and there's a lot of questions and rumors surrounding his death right now. So, it could be that I'm just preoccupied with the subject.

And, yeah. I am pretty bitter these days. However, there would be something REALLY wrong with me if I wasn't.

Two of my cousins once told me about thinkin bout committing suicide. I didn't know what to tell them, so I yelled at them. Not in a you are retarded don't do it sort of way, more in a how could you ever do that to everyone in this family who gives a fuck about you way. I also told em that if they make that decision expect me not to be at the funeral.

I got lucky that what I said was enough to show them that there were people who cared about them and cared about them to get flustered when they talked like that.

I have thought about suicide everyday for as long as I can remember. It has never been a scary proposition to me. As cliche as this may sound, I truly think one should think about their own death everyday. How can one truly grasp what they are interacting in if they can not imagine its negation.

I dunno, I feel like also, there is a certain amount of ignorance we must claim. We only claim to the tragedy of suicide because we don't know death.

blahh...

I suggest anyone who thinks bout this stuff a lot, watch the movie Suicide Club. Call it stupid, call it what you want, but it has some interesting points about what it is that ties us to the world around us.

this is sad. but for the record what a loser. killing her self over someone she never met. its messed up they messed with her but they had no way of knowing she would kill herself over that even if they knew she was depressed. she sounds like a fat girl.

that was the most ignorant post i've read in a long time. even if she was fat and a "loser" she was only 13 dude.

Guest shai_hulud

This topic almost exactly describes my best friend.

She's 32, smart, pretty, has a good job and her own place, yada yada. She also has OCD. She's been on just about every crazy pill I could name off of the top of my head. So far, her doctors can't seem to find one that works for her. The last one she was on is called Effexor...she said it made her suicidal after taking it for three days. I keep telling her she needs to chill out on the meds, since it doesn't really seem to do her much good. The only thing she CAN take is Ativan, which scares me because she drinks...and it's not that hard to black out on a combination of the two (personal experience).

So, that's the back story. She got involved with some guy last year, and they dated for about a month. I'm not sure who broke it off first, but she got really weird and obsessive over him, saying things like, "You don't understand, I've never felt this way about someone, and I KNOW he feels the same way about me," and so on. She kept sweating him, calling him and sending him emails, and she was constantly talking about him.

I was pretty concerned. I told her that she was acting really creepy and weird, and that if she wanted to sort things out with this dude, that maybe she should back up off him and let him decide what should happen. Common sense kind of stuff, but I shit you not- it took a YEAR before that got through to her...and, I wasn't the only one telling her this. It was more or less unanimous among her friends and family that she needed to let it go, but no one could get through to her.

A month or so ago, she finally realized that the guy was a douchebag (he was, that was the other point that we were trying to make) and dropped it.

But, I tell you. Watching that happen to your best friend and not being able to do anything about it was one of the hardest things I've faced...it's like, she was doing everything right. She got help, her friends and family were in her corner, and she's no dummy...but, it was like I had to deal with this side of her that was beyond reason, and beyond anything besides achieving this goal, never mind the cost.

call me an asshole like most do but.....thats that lil girls problem....if she that stupid to kill herself over some bogus friend then she deserved it.....shit is bad but god damn it aint that bad......what it is in todays world is that these youngsters are babied too much.....what ever happened to tuff love.......i got a seed on its way and i will for sure not raise him lke most of these new parents do......he/she will work for theirs and learn to respect....and pay for their own fuck ups........no hand outs here

my 2 cents

there is a fine line between tough love and ignorant parenting.

i would also say in defense of the family, it seemed as though they were on top of their daughter's life. it didn't seem like they did not know what was going one. the girl alerted the parents, the parents stepped in, and still the girl killed herself.

like shai has been sayin. sometimes there aint shit you can do.

call me an asshole like most do but.....thats that lil girls problem....if she that stupid to kill herself over some bogus friend then she deserved it.....shit is bad but god damn it aint that bad......what it is in todays world is that these youngsters are babied too much.....what ever happened to tuff love.......i got a seed on its way and i will for sure not raise him lke most of these new parents do......he/she will work for theirs and learn to respect....and pay for their own fuck ups........no hand outs here

my 2 cents

i'm totally pro-ellipses, but you're fucking out of control.

depression isn't so simple as "bad things happened, now goodbye." its an almost constant overwhelming feeling. the thoughts of suicide were there before e-friend came along, that failure just reinforced her feelings of failure. the act itself is a conscious decision, the feelings are not something so easily overcome as 'manning up'

its not about how bad shit is. people with love, money, success feel it too... its an internal situation, but bad times promote the feelings.

• Like 1

Well, I'm waiting...how much harder does life for most Americans have to suck before things start to improve? 13 year olds shouldn't be killing themselves. Especially over shit like this.

A few of the fundamentalist Muslims I've read up on lately have made some VERY valid points about America being a sick and decadent society. Get butt hurt about that if you want, but it's true.

ive believed tHis for a wHile now

but i would like to know tHe "enemies' " perspective on it.

please sHare. (or ill look for it an not be lazy)

i forsee it being in line witH my views more tHan not.

and yes, my H is broken

Bitch was crazy fucked in the head.

Deading yourself is letting the world and every scumfuck in it win.

I just love myself too much to really be able to understand the thought of taking your own life.

If shit got really bad why wouldn't you just start wilding out? Rob banks, Shoot cops in the face, Go All-City in a month...something. (Not in the case of a 13 year old, but in general.)

Guest shai_hulud
depression isn't so simple as "bad things happened, now goodbye." its an almost constant overwhelming feeling. the thoughts of suicide were there before e-friend came along, that failure just reinforced her feelings of failure. the act itself is a conscious decision, the feelings are not something so easily overcome as 'manning up'

its not about how bad shit is. people with love, money, success feel it too... its an internal situation, but bad times promote the feelings.

DING DING DING!!!

And some of us (I.e., me) are more prone to it than others.

I was on lithium when I was a teenager (this was way before Prozac or Wellbutrin). I hated it. I think emotions are important. Lithium just shoved all that aside.

I decided that learning how to rein in my reactions to what I was feeling was more important than being normal. I like being fucked up, since I don't neccessarily want to be just like everyone else.

honestly I can understand why someone would want to kill themselves, though not in this instance. But I believe that suicide is a choice that people should be free to make, and we should stop attaching such a horrible social stigma to it.

If for whatever reasons someone wants to kill themselves fine, let them. But lets at least make it acceptable, so that people who are thinking about it can talk about it with people instead of being stigmatized by everyone

that was the most ignorant post i've read in a long time. even if she was fat and a "loser" she was only 13 dude.

I agree. I also feel like some of you don't even think before you type shit.

Possibly the most fucked up part of this was not only that it was an adult messing with this kid, but a collaboration amongst the family.