Drummer superthread

RathofGod

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

oh just to let you know Portnoy is amazing but sloppy and isn't as good as people make him out to be...yea he makes awesome things happen on drums is great at odd time but if you had insane amount of drums you could do the same fill over diff. drums and have it sound diff. everytime(he is fucking amazing though...)

Danny Carrey is fucking awesome and really smart he designs his own electronic pads.

Joey fagerson is all this

Left hand, Right Hand, Left Foot, Right Foot 16th Notes...

LH,RH,LF,RF- count 1 e + a, as fast as possible repeat 9000 times... fucking stupid...

You wanna see insane skillful shit...

Check some of the people I shed with...right here...

Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute Nouveau...

I do this because its mah job...and I love it...

l_3dd7e6e38c2cf3569e1268ec9295e189.jpg

Drums-1.jpg

I'll get more detailed pics of my set up for you this weekend i am goint to shed with my friend Jim fucking unbelievable drummer

Portnoy Fans... They haven't played together in 9 years

Liquid Tension Experiment to headine Saturday night in 2008

news_liquidtensionexperiment.jpg We are very pleased to announce the Saturday night headliner for NEARfest X – Liquid Tension Experiment! The supergroup consisting of Mike Portnoy, John Petrucci, Jordan Rudess, and Tony Levin are reconvening and preparing to tear the roof off of Zoellner Arts Center next June. Portnoy and Petrucci are founding members of progressive metal’s 5-headed monster, Dream Theater, and have won accolades from fans and critics alike for their prowess on the drum kit and guitar, respectively. Rudess is was previously known for his blazing keyboard work with the Dixie Dregs and the Rudess/Morgenstein Project and joined Dream Theater officially after the second Liquid Tension Experiment album sessions. Tony Levin needs no introduction – Stick and bass maestro, two-time NEARfest alum, and play with everyone from King Crimson to Peter Gabriel to Yes to Sarah McLachlan. Liquid Tension Experiment’s two studio albums, Liquid Tension Experiment (1998) and Liquid Tension Experiment 2 (1999), are filled to the brim with everything from blazing, chops-laden sonic attacks (“Paradigm Shift”) to melodic anthems (“When the Water Breaks”) to humorous jams (“Chris and Kevin’s Excellent Adventure”). The improvisational nature in the writing sessions permitted the band to stretch out to many different influences, including rock, metal, prog, funk, blues and even ragtime. It is a great honor to host this ensemble of legendary, virtuoso players on the NEARfest stage for our 10th anniversary.

Posted: 10.04 | More information | icon_rss.jpg

http://www.nearfest.com/event/latestnews.asp#23

I have worked in music sale for all of high school i know whats good and what isnt

roland V-Drums

Pads are good until they break which happens pretty fast if you are playing alot even with good technique. Sounds on the V-drums suck unless you go highend even then they are just ok they really arent good 2 zone pads on ride 1 zone on crashes

Yamaha is the way to go...

If you want higher end the Gum rubber pads on the higher end kits have never seen one wear out. 3 zone pads on everything.

Lower end kits are good toms are OK snare is 3 zone with gum rubber cymbals are 2 zone on all. Sounds are the best in the business sampled from real instruments yamaha prides their selves on this they are available though out all lines...

Yamaha is cheaper for a better kit... seriously go with yamaha its better value in the end...

Portnoy isn't sloppy mang, jesus.

Best and most entertaining drummer I have ever seen live. That LTE reuniion is off the hook.

But my friend who plays drums showed me this guy who is an absolute machine

watch?v=r9bFPsVtXgY

He isn't sloppy at all, he is almost robotic.

Virgil Donati is sick, as is Mike Mangini (other htan him being a homo). Teryy Bozzio is pretty cool as well.

Best drummer since 1973...

NIGHTGAM.JPG

John Adams (born 1951) works on computer systems for AT&T but is better known as a dedicated fan of the Cleveland Indians. He plays a bass drum during Indians games at Jacobs Field. Adams originally started to drum at Cleveland Stadium on August 24, 1973, when the Indians played the Texas Rangers. Cleveland won, 11-5. Ever since, Adams has sat in the highest bleacher seat in left center field with his bass drum, and has only missed 34 games in the subsequent years.[1] He is the only fan the team has dedicated a bobble head day to.[2] Even so, Adams still pays for his tickets, one for himself, and one for his drum.

On Oct. 4, 2007, Adams threw out the ceremonial first pitch for the Indians first game of the playoffs.

Archived