Fuck all this

fuse=--action

Alright, I'm getting seriously tired of UH and how difficult it is to accomplish anything within the administration.

Today I went to inquire about why my classes that I had turned in the drop/add form for last week hadn't been added. Come to find out that they had been added, but they had also been dropped again. The reason: Payment is due by the end of the business day on which the classes were added. What kind of bullshit is that? Who does that? One would think it would be reasonable to set the payment date a week out or even to the end of the business day on Friday of that week.

To add to the frustration of this ridiculous policy, UH makes it incredibly difficult to actually adhere to the rule. They only accept Mastercard and Discover at the bursar's office. This means that our Visa (even though Visa and Mastercard are the same company) and American Express are completely useless in this predicament. That leaves me with three options:

1) I have to have over $1,700 cash walking around with me

2) I can process a check online, which my father won't let me do because we would have to give our account number. But, I can bring a check in tomorrow.

3) Take out an "emergency loan" that ends up costing me even more. I don't need a loan, I need a fucking extra day.

All of this being said, my only real option is to go through this whole stupid process again tomorrow. I get to go down the same path, fraught with incompetence and marked with inter-office disorganization, only to end up at the same destination. So in the end, the school has not only given me the run-around, but has also wasted the time and resources of its employees. So I ask, who benefits from any of this?

On top of all of this, the parking office managed to bill me twice for my parking permit. That's just one more thing I have to fix because UH buys these desks that apparently rend all logic and capabilities from anyone unfortunate enough to sit behind them.

Regarding the inter-office disorganization I can never seem to get the same story from any two departments at the school. Even at the welcome center, I can talk to the people at the advising office and walk down the hall fifty feet and be told something completely different. I don't think the school is so dynamic as to have policy changes in the time that it takes me to traverse that distance, if anything it's more likely the contrapositive of this proposition: nothing changes quickly. Why is it then that no one can get their shit straight? Even things that are practically set in stone manage to get fucked up. If I'm at the wrong office, I can bet that I'll get sent to the wrong office three or four more times before finally ending up somewhere where someone can "help" me.

God I would love to work here, it would be so easy to steal money.

-fuse.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I feel your pain.. my school keeps trying to fuck me every which way it possible can... Somehow I am taking over 14 credits but am enrolled less then half time. So now they are telling me I owe them lots of money and get no financial aid at all for the semester.... I keep trying to explain it to them... but no.. they want their money back.... oh and somehow I got suckered into a class that is going to make me flip the fuck out on my professor within a week....

They only accept Mastercard and Discover at the bursar's office. This means that our Visa (even though Visa and Mastercard are the same company)

i always wondered this too. if i could pay for school with visa....id have all types of reward points to buy cool shit with..

as far as the classes getting dropped.....they dont drop them for a while....but they do charge LOTS of late fees...

school is a business..just like anything else....it sucks...i feel your pain though.

They only accept Mastercard and Discover at the bursar's office. This means that our Visa (even though Visa and Mastercard are the same company)

negative, they are 2 separate corporate entities. they are often seen in tandem because they have long been thought to be working together to eliminate competition.

that was meth

but yea, you dont need nothin summer 98 niggas no summer school fuck dat, you just need wu 4ever and a spliff

Listen to this man because GODDAMN he speaks truth.

Currently, I have two degrees but I got Shanghai'd and now work in an Opium den in what I can only assume is Thailand. Though, I couldn't tell if it were Vietnam or Korea. Just the same, life just throws shit at you and you gotta make lemonade out of it.

Help me.

What teh fuck are you on about Justin Timberlake?

And yeah, school is a bitch, and I was meant to have my graduation and wear the stupid cape and hat, but since they didn't update my status online til the day after you had to arrange tickets for the graduation.

I didn't want to wear that stupid hat anyway, and feel obliged to shake someones hand I never met in my entire time at uni.