JACK OFF INTO MY ASS

PERMAFRIED_

Re: JACK THE HOUSE (ACID HOUSE)

anyone who lumps acid house into the same category as "HOUSE" and "TECHNO" gets butt-owned. don't dare bitchez.

actually, you can quite easily put house, acid house and techno all in to the same category. they're all fairly standard forms of electronic music. whatever though, you can get your kicks on semantics and thinking you're some kind of know it all, and i'll go listen to some kraftwerk. <<<god forbid i mention them along with 'electronic music,' too eh?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, actually, kraftwerk is the shit.

they're just deinitlely not "house" or "acid house"

im not gonna get into a music dork debate with you, i'm just gonna politely inform you that acid house's distinguishing features are ...

the "squelch" and the "nigger stutter." that is FACT. listen and learn.

because saying 'squelch' and 'nigger stutter' sounds so much less nerdy than tb303. just the same, i only started really liking and listening to all this electronic music within the past few years, so whatever, you win and are definitely cooler.

djing house music is fucking fun though. its way easier than hiphop and probably more enjoyable (from my very limited experience with it).

exactly!

I've got a bin of old house records that are so much fun to play.

You can get more involved with the mix instead of just scratching

and sound-effecting your way though it like with hip hop.

I think that the spirit of old soul and r&b music lives in house these days.

Not in the 'hard' house that the brits and germans seem to love, but in the

soulfull stuff coming out of the states. When it's good, it can be really good.

When it's bad.... I can't even listen to it.

I get really bored of 'club' house music (which is more 'dance' than anything).

^^...remember all the Plus8 parties in the late '80s, early '90s in Detroit?...

Back when one could get real E?, Juan Atkins, ULR, Hard Techno?....I'm so glad those days are behind me now, but from what I've heard I could sell my records from that era for $15 000....

fuck me i'd give my left nut to have seen juan atkins play, Underground resistance, etc etc, been fortunate enough to see jeff mills play many times, and most recently witnessed laurent garnier destroy a melbourne party with a killer 6 hour set

and fuck all you part timers, you guys who 'get into' electronic music because of the drugs and stop when they dont make you feel like they used to...

and fuck all you part timers, you guys who 'get into' electronic music because of the drugs and stop when they dont make you feel like they used to...

Yeah, braaaah! BECAUSE ELECTRONIC MUSIC IS MORE THAN BLIPS AND FAKE DRUMS, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE!!!!!

...'thefuckouttahere.

i've often wondered what life would be like as an impertinent, passionless fuckwit...maybe you could shed some light on the matter?

I hate to break it to you, but gathering in abandoned warehouses to 'dance' to 'house' hardly constitutes a 'passion'.

Maybe I'm a dick, but I like to think that the term 'passion' should be saved for things that require a little more structure than dances lacking steps.

That's like 'skateboarders' who never get past learning how to ollie, but love to make sure people know that skateboarding is their 'life'.

And, when I think about it, I guess the same thing can be said about banging your dick on an electronic banjo and telling people you're 'passionate' about playing the guitar:

"So, if you're all about the guitar, don't you think you should learn how to play a chord or something? Maybe learn about what makes the guitar mathematically possible?"

"Dude, whatever! I'm PASSIONATE about playing the guitar! Who are you to judge me!? This is how I express myself!"

Fucking assholes.

Man that is complete and utter bullshit!! What exactly are you saying? Are you the best at everything you do that you are passionate about? Shit half the so called ‘writers’ on here probably stink at graff (ok, that might be a bit of a generalisation). But if you thoroughly enjoy something and it's your passion then that’s all that really matters.

I know that one of my favourite pastimes is to jump on my bicycle and go for a long ride…now I’m not the most dedicated rider or the fasters or the best, but it’s something that I love doing.

Oh and by the way, I don’t listen to ‘house’ music and dance badly in abandoned warehouses (although the many warehouse parties I attended in my youth were fucking awesome). You clearly have no idea about anything and your rational is fucking pathetic.

I like Genesis P-Orridge and Throbbing Gristle and Psychic TV... and the Jack the Tab/ Tekno Acid Beats stuff as well... I also like about everything that was on XL records in the early 90's but I was never really into acid house and I only went to raves when I had to.

Good thread. Anyone calling acid house "gay" and lumping it in with the candy-sucking ravers can go eat a dick. Totally clueless.

My essential acid trax (old and new):

Adonis - No way back

Marshall Jefferson - Move your body

M.E. (Virgo) - Ride

Mr. Fingers - Washing Machine

Salamandos - Jack that dick

Legowelt - The Princess Rainbow

Traxx - Mysterio

Mike Dunn - Personal Problem

Here's an alright acid video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj32H8n7b-w

Btw, are you still in Texas, PERMAFRIED, you little dweeb?

PHUTURE PFANTASY CLUB - GOT THE BUG

DR. DERELICT - THAT SHIT'S WILD

MR. LEE - ART OF ACID

HOT HANAS HULA - 70TH N KING DRIVE

THE SIX BROWN BROTHERS - CITY HALL

DJ PIERRE - BOX ENERGY

JACK FROST & THE CIRCLE JERKS - TOM TOM

HOT HANAS HULA - HOT HANDS

LILDELL TOWNSELL - I'LL MAKE YOU DANCE