apple juice diet

mackfatsoe

For 3 days I am going to eat NOTHING, smoke NO cigarettes, and drink NO alcohol.

The only thing I will consume will be apple juice, hopefully something like a gallon a day. Supposedly, this will have some sort of positive effect on my bodies well being, and clean out my system of the consistent diet of nachos eggs beer and whiskey of the last months.

Side effects

Common temporary side effects include headaches, tiredness, hypoglycemia, constipation, acne, increased body odor, and bad breath.

Other side effects can include fainting, dizziness, low blood pressure, heart arrhythmias, weight loss, hunger, vomiting, diarrhea, and kidney problems. If these side effects occur, there is a worsening of symptoms, or new symptoms appear, the fast should be discontinued and it should prompt an immediate visit to a qualified health professional.

Another possible side effect is diarrhea, which can lead to dehydration and electrolyte loss.

So, make fun of me or something.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

well when i did my detox i just went cold turkey.

I sort of eat shitty regardless, and I wasn't about to cut back on things the week before or else I wouldn't have gone through with it and been worn out before it started.

It's not going to hurt you that you drank and were shitty the night/few days before, but it may make the first few days of the detox rough. After day three you'll feel really really good, just as long as you can make it through the first few days of headaches and sometimes nausea.

Don't detox for more than a week at time, especially without the assistance of a nutritionist or someone else trained in that field.

PS: If you feel really sick while doing the detox (ie. extreme headaches, vomitting, etc), break the fast and eat a piece of fruit or a simple starch, not a big meal; your body is trying to tell you something isn't right if you feel like you're gonna die.

Hope that helps.

I just woke up for the second time today so I may not make much sense, however. (And I had a dream that EBPH and I were anthropomorphic stuffed giraffes...)

Apple juice is FULL of sugar. It is processed. Not the best liquid to flush your system out with. Where did you get this idea? It isn't healthy to put your body throught a sudden shock like that. If you really want to do a strict three day flush buy some detox teas or something.

Or you could just invest 20 bucks a month in a product like Greens Plus Daily Detox. I think I even got Sarahyoulose to buy a bottle of this shit once upon a time....

http://www.genuinehealth.com/english/pbn/index.php?id=38&section=160

^My roomate's dad did this, thats how he knows about it, and subsequently how I found out.

Ughh, it's 6:25 PM here, I'm hungry as fuck, really want a cigarette, and I have already pooped four times today.

The first two poo's were legitimate dumps, but the next two literally consisted of me peeing apple juice out of my b-hole. Literally no fecal substance, just apple juice.

Other side effects can include fainting, dizziness, low blood pressure, heart arrhythmias, weight loss, hunger, vomiting, diarrhea, and kidney problems. If these side effects occur, there is a worsening of symptoms, or new symptoms appear, the fast should be discontinued and it should prompt an immediate visit to a qualified health professional.

I was surprised to see hunger on the list of side effects

I'll list another side effect: Diabetes. You shouldn't be having any of that sugar. This is the worst "detox" I've ever heard of. Where are you from? A swamp? they don't have nutritionists or naturopaths there?

I'm 2 weeks into a 6 week detox right now. No sugar, no yeast, no wheat, no soy, no beef, no pork. I can still eat lamb, turkey, chicken, rye bread and lots of ruit and veg. it's a walk in the park.

If you're actually concerned about your health, go see a professional for advice, not your uncle billy bob.

Critics point out that the human liver, kidneys, lungs and skin have evolved to adequately expel environmental contaminants and are perfectly equipped to continue to do so unassisted. It has been posited that some fruits and vegetables may actually contain more natural toxins than animal substances such as meat, fish, and milk. Some critics cite the high mercury content in some fish as a risk factor. Additionally, sudden changes in diet have been linked to fainting and other medical issues.

Body fat stores the toxins the body is unable to eliminate[citation needed]; if low blood sugar levels force the body to begin rapidly metabolising large amounts of fat, then these toxins will be released into the bloodstream.[citation needed] Symptoms often mentioned are headaches, sore muscles, feelings of weakness, inability to sleep soundly, and irritability.[citation needed] These side effects are not normally denied, but are seen as a temporary discomfort well worth the cost of the health benefits detox diets are said to cause.

Detox diets may not be the safest form of weight loss if they are one of the restrictive ones (such as water fasting or the Master Cleanse) that may result in nutrient deficiencies. The lack of proteins in most detox diets (due to omitting animal products and legumes) often results in diminishing muscle mass due to insufficient amino acids for repair. With less lean muscle tissue, the body's metabolic needs decrease, which hampers weight loss efforts unless calories are lessened further in the diet.

While many people have provided testimonials to their health improvements in following a detox diet lifestyle, some of these people may have started the detox diet after coming off an unhealthy diet high in sugar and processed food that may lack nutrients. Any improvements cited from such people would only prove the effectiveness of a detox diet over an average diet, and not that it is the ideal diet that doesn't carry its own unique health risks.

see not a great idea.

bbc health on the topic: http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/healthy_living/your_weight/eatingwell_detox.shtml#do_they_work?