an inconvenient truth!...

swyft

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

the movie about MAN MADE global warming,nice fear propaganda or good documentary,it depends on who u are,i personaly dont trust politicians and i recheck the info to see if its true,global warming is serious,our lives are in the line,now is it all that true?is man causing it?

there is a video done to "debunk" this "MAN MADE" global warming.

The Great Global Warming Swindle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6Wr1hcIp2U

75 minutes

very interesting.

thanks for your time.

peace

you guys who believe al gore cares anything about anything are fucking wankers.

al gores power bill each month for his MANSION is over $20k

he also invested in a mine that releases a ton of harmful chems

into tennessee air each month.

do some research. this guy doesn't care about saving the earth for the people, he cares about saving the earth so the rich can eat off of it.

Monckton, a former policy adviser to Margaret Thatcher during her years as

Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, said, "A careful study of the

substantial corpus of peer-reviewed science reveals that Mr. Gore's film, An

Inconvenient Truth, is a foofaraw of pseudo-science, exaggerations, and

errors, now being peddled to innocent schoolchildren worldwide."

see though, i kinda think that despite gore/the movie's flaws, the general message that we need to chill the fuck out in the face of the overwhelming power of the fossil fuels industry balances out any bullshit he may be peddling. gore is a mega douchebag, but the fact remains that now more than ever...due to his film..people are actually thinking about the issue on a much wider scale, and that is a very good thing. i suspect that many of the people who have had their interest sparked by the film are educated enough to travel their own path to what's correct and rational, despite the finer points of gore's thesis.

I can't defend the mansion thing BUT, he does participate in "offsets" which I know are bullshit because many can not be guaranteed. He does participate in many environmentally positive programs, but he is a yuppie and thus his money might make change but his actions show he doesn't stand by the sacrifice he calls for. That said you all, from both sides should watch An Unreasonable Man, the movie about Ralph Nader - you will find yourself thinking harder about the democrats.

A side note regarding hypocrisy:

This morning on NPR Tom Delay said the Democrats had been involved in the "politics of personal destruction" toward him. The interviewer asked "do you feel it is ironic that you are using a term coined by Clinton, especially after you helped impeach him?" Delay responded in so many words that Clinton was a criminal, but he was a victim of a conspiracy.

Gore is old politics, Hillary Clinton is old politics, the ice caps melting because people seem to actually like fuel emissions is the result of bad parenting and religious wackos.

/Drunk and bored

people are thinking,knowing,facing the reality of us humans waste and trash too much,the global warming shouldnt be a problem if we all do a little,i know some people who saw the movie and are "concern" yet have v8 trucks and they are not for working matters.

the large amount of people cause huge amounts of trash everyday,i say if we start having less kids we can change things,more space and supplies for the next generations,of course they are some fighting for global domination like "religious" men or wealthy families who have more than 4 kids,what a crime in this times...

peace

I can't defend the mansion thing BUT, he does participate in "offsets" which I know are bullshit because many can not be guaranteed. He does participate in many environmentally positive programs, but he is a yuppie and thus his money might make change but his actions show he doesn't stand by the sacrifice he calls for. That said you all, from both sides should watch An Unreasonable Man, the movie about Ralph Nader - you will find yourself thinking harder about the democrats.

A side note regarding hypocrisy:

This morning on NPR Tom Delay said the Democrats had been involved in the "politics of personal destruction" toward him. The interviewer asked "do you feel it is ironic that you are using a term coined by Clinton, especially after you helped impeach him?" Delay responded in so many words that Clinton was a criminal, but he was a victim of a conspiracy.

Gore is old politics, Hillary Clinton is old politics, the ice caps melting because people seem to actually like fuel emissions is the result of bad parenting and religious wackos.

/Drunk and bored

Unreasonable man should be shown in schools. It will teach kids more about our political system than their books.

By the way, attacking Al Gore personally, even if it is true, doesn't change the facts of the movie. There is a general scientific consensus that global warming is happening, and is caused by human behavior. Mentioning Al Gore's behavior to disapprove his argument is called ad hominem and is not a valid argument unless you were arguing the hypocrisies of Al Gore.

russel, I have to say I appreciate your presence on the boards a lot. I try to stress that an attack "to man" is a fallacious argument all the time, but few seem to get that.

Either way, yeah, his message is no less relevant given his actions.

Likewise crook. I've been getting interested in philosophy lately and your experience shared in the board has been very helpful. I've always been interested in philosophy of course, but haven't done much reading outside of art history for a little bit...

there's always a personal and collective responsibility for any set of actions. Anybody who says we (humans) don't have the ability to affect the planet in this way is fooling themself.

I like that thought Dawood. It's so true on so many levels. Is there a quote from the Qu'ran that expresses that idea of shared responsibility? The book is always so poetic...