an inconvenient truth!...

swyft

I read that and so what? The guy made investments. It's completely different than the Halliburton/Iraq connection that article mentions. He won't profit off the misery of others, instead he will profit from pollution-reducing industries. I fail to see how that immediately constitutes conspiracy, especially if the article is right and calls it "junk science". Junk science would be something along the lines of someone saying the moon is made out of cheese, then making a documentary about all the cheese we could get from the moon, and then investing all his money in cheese companies and hoping the public will buy into his scheme. Global warming is not junk science.

no, he invests in a zinc mine and a uranium mine. both of which absolutely pollute the environment.

of course global warming isn't junk science. we are closer to the sun. of course our pollutants have hurt the earth. absolutely. but when you get closer to the sun, there are things you will notice happening, such as the poles melting, oceans heating, etc.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6th graders prove al gore is wrong.

http://www.longmontfyi.com/Local-Story.asp?ID=15357

Global warming on trial

Sixth-graders decide that humans aren’t to blame

By Ben Ready

The Daily Times-Call

LONGMONT — Humans don’t cause global warming, a jury of sixth graders at Trail Ridge Middle School concluded Thursday after hearing opposing arguments from their peers.

“They’re pretty young for this kind of thinking. They did great,” paleontology teacher Ken Poppe said after the 40-minute “trial” in his classroom.

With Earth’s warming accepted as a tenet, pre-teen “lawyers” and “scientists” debated whether humans have caused it.

Eleven jurors listened intently as prosecutors and defendants flashed contradictory graphs tracking global temperatures, carbon dioxide levels, polar ice cap statistics, volcanic activity and sea surface temperatures — all of which were found Wednesday in the school’s computer lab.

“The earth has warmed and cooled over many years. If it’s caused by CO2, why haven’t the charts shot up?” Poppe’s son and lead prosecutor Caleb argued during a rebuttal.

In a climax that sent half the class to its feet and forced the judge to call for order, opponent Monique Nem slapped a contradictory graph onto the prosecution’s table.

“We’ve proven you wrong! The CO2 levels have shot up,” she said.

The jury responded more warmly, however, to Caleb Poppe’s response: The graphic cited a Hawaiian source; Hawaii has volcanoes; volcanoes emit CO2.

In closing arguments, Alexia Hegy said global temperatures actually decreased in the 1960’s, while the global population rose. Humans cannot be at fault, she concluded.

With the final word, defense attorney Sarah Steed countered: “It all comes back to us, the people — not the sun, not the weather. We need to turn off lights when we don’t need them. Bikes can work. The environment can be richer.”

Seven of 11 jurors decided humans are not to blame, but everyone agreed classroom debates make for fun learning.

“It was a hard decision, because both sides made good points,” said student Samantha Roberts.

Ken Poppe said he let students choose which side of the debate to argue. Poppe personally believes global warming is cyclical and not affected by humans, while his Colorado State University student aide David Richards believes the opposite. Both, however, said they presented both sides equally to the students leading up to Thursday’s debate.

“What I think is not the issue. It’s what the students dig up and how they present the case,” Poppe said.

Only one parent questioned Poppe’s decision to hold a global warming debate. That mother expected him to present Al Gore’s global warming movie “An Inconvenient Truth” as indisputable facts, Poppe said. After he explained his neutrality in the classroom, the mom allowed her child to participate in the debate, he said.

“You don’t understand someone’s position until you can argue it to their satisfaction,” Poppe said, quoting a famous physicist. “I don’t believe in Darwinism either, but I can argue it as well as any Darwinist.”

What Al Gore Really Wants

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2007/03/what_al_gore_really_wants.html

Heartland President Debunks Global Warming Myths

http://www.heartland.org/Article.cfm?artId=20810

I like that thought Dawood. It's so true on so many levels. Is there a quote from the Qu'ran that expresses that idea of shared responsibility? The book is always so poetic...

And hold fast, all of you together, to the Rope of Allâh (i.e. this Qur'ân), and be not divided among yourselves, and remember Allâh's Favour on you, for you were enemies one to another but He joined your hearts together, so that, by His Grace, you became brethren (in Islâmic Faith), and you were on the brink of a pit of Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus Allâh makes His Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.,) clear to you, that you may be guided. (Aali Imran 3:103)

this is the closest thing I could find to a collective responsibility.

yeah i was about to say.

ANd goddamn that is soem trashy journalism you jsut posted casek. I like it how you're always on the "the media is putting subliminal messages in your head" tip and then you post some crappy article thats supposed to make people think "well duh if even 6th graders can see global warming isnt true then i'd be an idiot to think that it's man's fault".

yeah i was about to say.

ANd goddamn that is soem trashy journalism you jsut posted casek. I like it how you're always on the "the media is putting subliminal messages in your head" tip and then you post some crappy article thats supposed to make people think "well duh if even 6th graders can see global warming isnt true then i'd be an idiot to think that it's man's fault".

and you could cite some real journalism? or are you just on the "attack dog" tip?

i like how you fuckers will cite some shit like al gore's movie and then try to back it up with some journalism that is obviously biased in his favor, but when you see opposition, you instantly attack it.

for the last time, we are in a seven year cycle. the sun is alot closer than it has been in a while.

the end.

you'd have to be a fool to beleive there are no consequeces to your actions. (as an example) Do you think AIDS just popped up of nowhere? It surfaced because of peoples promiscuity and iv drug use. those things created the right conditions for the virus to be transmitted and BAM, you have an epedemic, look at countries where drug use and promiscuity is not a prevelant and I'll GUARANTEE Aids is not a problem there, or very little. I said that to say that gloal warming is in fact a reality that as our consumption of raw materials and expulsion of waste continues it will no doubt have and adverse affect on our enviroment. You can't drop 3000 dueces in your toilet a day and expect for it not to smell like a 1000 miles of shit.

I have never posted any Al Gore shiz or anyhtign backing Al Gore up sorry buddy.

yeha actually i do get on the 'attack dog' tip with you quite a lot. i'm sorry if it seems like im being a dickhead (i'm not meaning to) i just see contradiction in a lot of the stuff you say on here (probably just because you post heaps so i notice it more than in others)

I have never posted any Al Gore shiz or anyhtign backing Al Gore up sorry buddy.

yeha actually i do get on the 'attack dog' tip with you quite a lot. i'm sorry if it seems like im being a dickhead (i'm not meaning to) i just see contradiction in a lot of the stuff you say on here (probably just because you post heaps so i notice it more than in others)

no doubt. we're all friends here.

the al gore comment wasn't directed at you, the attack dog thing was. s'all good yum.

Dude where is the evidence that the sun is just closer than it has been? What the hell are you talking about? And we don't just attack anything that is in opposition, I for one attack shit that you post because none of it is credible at all. They're editorials or just retarded.

it's science

http://pubs.acs.org/subscribe/journals/ci/31/i11/html/11vp.html

your liberal bias is alive and well

i would pose this to you, you are not a patriot. when you stop questioning your govt's actions, you are no longer a patriot. even if i'm wrong, even if i'm way off, atleast i am questioning what is goig on in my government. atleast i have concern for the things i am told and don't follow blindly like a sheep to slaughter.

yes, i vote. but like it was once said, "if voting changed anything at all, it would be illegal".

we should be the government, but we are no longer. we are controlled by the military industrial complex. fdr warned us about it, and no one listened.

i don't have to question myself and my politics. i do what i do with purity in my heart. i am concerned about our nation. i make calls, write letters, try to inform people on such things as the north american union. what do you do? vote and post on message boards? you deliver the hate talk, not i.

for the last time, we are in a seven year cycle. the sun is alot closer than it has been in a while.

the end.

That's pretty amazing. You have refuted decades of work by thousands of scientists in dozens of disciplines in one sentence. Be sure to be in Sweden to pick up your Nobel prize.