an inconvenient truth!...

swyft

Are you guys retarded? Gore has been trying to stop the destruction of the enviornment for over 30 years. He's not trying to get rich.

These ridiculous statements that "Global warming is a hoax" or "propoganda" is the same shit that happened when cigarettes were finally being exposed for how harmful they are. All that you have to do is pretend that theres some doubt, make some false accusations, and you're good to go, people are going around like idiots pretending that there's some feisable evidence that global warming isn't being caused by humans. Fucking retards. You all should kill yourself, it will save oxygen for the people who can actually think.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

isaac: first of all, al gore is rich. second, he invests in a local zinc mine that puts pollutants into the air every second of every day its up and running. learn about it. it's a big issue here (tennessee).

second: the earth is in a 7 year cycle where it is a bit closer to the sun. that is, in turn, warming the earth. no doubt the poles are melting, but how many times has that happened in earths history? the magnetic poles are also changing. you gonna blame that on mankind, too?

sure, we drop pollutants into the air, but the ozone hole is shrinking. that's a good thing. the growing season for farmers is going to double during the 7 year cycle. there's alot more i could tell you, but you're a smart person. why don't you get your hippy ass out and read some mroe books. you are only in highschool.

a few people on this board just like to deny absolutely everything and cry conspiracy at any idea that reaches mainstream level. No doubt 2 years ago they would have all been on the global warming tip because it was still denied by the mainstream.

that is true,i constantly look into my SELF to see if that happens,in some cases it happens to some people , who from here,dont know? i cant judge like that,dont know what their hearts feel.

the fact that this human made global warming comes in the form of a movie shown in theathers and done by a politician makes it hard to believe for some who know about how corrupt governments are nowadays...checking later evidence,the opposite of it,it actually makes sense.

peace

Friend Claims Gore Hid "Pot Head" Status[/url]

casek, here's something for you, a read you might enjoy, to add to dragging al gore's name through the mud.

http://www.opinionet.com/article.php?id=456

pot doesn't really bother me.

there are some things in life that are larger issues than someone getting stoned.

what does bother me is when the elite act as though they are saving the planet for "us". that is quite the contrary.

The hole in the ozone is not the same thing as global warming (though they do have connections). What they do illustrate though is that mans actions can have a clear negative impact on the environment.

yes, they can. what i'm trying to tell you guys is that al gore and the rest of these elitist assholes aren't doing this for you, me, or anyone else that they see (as ted turner put it) as useless eaters.

isaac: first of all, al gore is rich. second, he invests in a local zinc mine that puts pollutants into the air every second of every day its up and running. learn about it. it's a big issue here (tennessee).

second: the earth is in a 7 year cycle where it is a bit closer to the sun. that is, in turn, warming the earth. no doubt the poles are melting, but how many times has that happened in earths history? the magnetic poles are also changing. you gonna blame that on mankind, too?

sure, we drop pollutants into the air, but the ozone hole is shrinking. that's a good thing. the growing season for farmers is going to double during the 7 year cycle. there's alot more i could tell you, but you're a smart person. why don't you get your hippy ass out and read some mroe books. you are only in highschool.

What, you work in IT or something and think you're so far above me? I'm in college, but I wasn't making any self riteous claims. Seriously, where do you work, and why does that make you more qualified to talk about anything than I am?

Anyway, heating and cooling periods, yeah they happen. But not like this. This is far beyond anything that has ever happened before. If you're so tied to the "Fuck al gore" band wagon, that's just really sad. I don't see why you would be against new sources of power. How is it possible that what's going on isnt bad for the enviornment? How fucking oblivious are you man?

"Global Warming a bigger threat to poor"

Isn't it sad that the first countries to get wiped out due to the catostrophic effects of this are going to be the ones that contributed the least to it? Rich, white, lobbyist dickheads will be safe (only for a while) while poor countries will suffer. But its allright, the way we're headed, everyone will die pretty soon (within the century).

AR2006012801021.htmlFrom Debate on climate shifts to issue of irreparable change:

"Princeton University geosciences and international affairs professor Michael Oppenheimer, who also advises the advocacy group Environmental Defense, said one of the greatest dangers lies in the disintegration of the Greenland or West Antarctic ice sheets, which together hold about 20 percent of the fresh water on the planet. If either of the two sheets disintegrates, sea level could rise nearly 20 feet in the course of a couple of centuries, swamping the southern third of Florida and Manhattan up to the middle of Greenwich Village."

"James E. Hansen, who directs NASA's Goddard Institute of Space Studies, last week confirmed that 2005 was the warmest year on record, surpassing 1998. Earth's average temperature has risen nearly 1 degree Fahrenheit over the past 30 years, he noted, and another increase of about 4 degrees over the next century would "imply changes that constitute practically a different planet.""

from Global Warming Heats Up:

"And it's not just scientists who are taking notice. Even as nature crosses its tipping points, the public seems to have reached its own. For years, popular skepticism about climatological science stood in the way of addressing the problem, but the naysayers--many of whom were on the payroll of energy companies--have become an increasingly marginalized breed."

^^What I was talking about with cigarette companies. Doubt created by fucking lobbyists for gigantic corporations like energy companies, or in the 70s, by cigarette companies.

"Of the 20 hottest years on record, 19 occurred in the 1980s or later. According to NASA scientists, 2005 was one of the hottest years in more than a century."

NO NO NO, ITS JUST HEATING AND COOLING PERIODS, AND NASA IS JOINING AL GORE IN THE QUEST TO GET RICH!!

I have a question for the imbesciles. When Al gore came before congress in the 70s asking for them to prevent disasters caused by global warming, was that part of his master plan to become even richer by making a movie in 2006?

allright Casek, you've said over and over "Do some research," and made multiple vague, ridiculous statements that are left without evidence. I've posted facts from reputable news sources with multiple sources for their conclusions, and could go all day doing so. Its pretty hard to find any conclusive evidence on global warming not hurting the atmosphere. I want you to make a (probably laughable) attempt at proving the global warming is not destroying the planet, which means not telling me why you don't like al gore, but why we (The US) shouldn't take action to try to remedy the situation.

And one last statement, you said "No doubt the poles are melting, but how many times has that happened?"

Within the next few years the poles will have melted so much that sea level could raise 20 feet. (This statement is supported by I think 2 out of 3 of the articles I posted above). That's never happened, because that would be in our history books as a disaster that wiped out millions of people. That's never happened man, but it will if nothing is done.

What, you work in IT or something and think you're so far above me? I'm in college, but I wasn't making any self riteous claims. Seriously, where do you work, and why does that make you more qualified to talk about anything than I am?

Anyway, heating and cooling periods, yeah they happen. But not like this. This is far beyond anything that has ever happened before. If you're so tied to the "Fuck al gore" band wagon, that's just really sad. I don't see why you would be against new sources of power. How is it possible that what's going on isnt bad for the enviornment? How fucking oblivious are you man?

i'm quite a bit older. not saying age has anything to do with wisdom, but experience does.

where do i work? i'm self employed. successfully self employed.

why does it make me more qualified? it doesn't. i'm no scholar of any importance. my line of work is completely separate from my world views.

yes, heating and cooling periods do happen like this. ice age, etc. at one time, britain was quite subtropical, alabama was oceanfront property, and the north pole had plenty of foliage. it does happen like this. you're just young and into the whole "save the earth" thing.

i'm completely cool with saving the earth. there's plenty of damage we are doing, what i am saying is that al gore and the rest of the elitists do not care about saving the earth for the same reasons you and i might care about it. these people are on a different level than you or i could even imagine. they don't give two fucks about the earth because of our future generations. we are not the blue bloods. we are "useless eaters". i'm not making that up about ted turner referring to us as just that. he's not the only one who believes such is true.

how is what we are doing not bad for the environment? it is. we are making an impact, just not the one that al gore would lead you to believe we are making. do you support greenpeace? that's pretty much a terrorist org. as defined by their actions. a real terrorist organization. not a fake one living in some cave.

here's an article for you to read

Media Ignore Al Gore’s Financial Ties to Global Warming

http://newsbusters.org/node/11149

And one last statement, you said "No doubt the poles are melting, but how many times has that happened?"

Within the next few years the poles will have melted so much that sea level could raise 20 feet. (This statement is supported by I think 2 out of 3 of the articles I posted above). That's never happened, because that would be in our history books as a disaster that wiped out millions of people. That's never happened man, but it will if nothing is done.

i think i already answered to this in my statement about alabama (and the rest of the southern states) being oceanfront property at one time (there were no people here)

i'm quite a bit older. not saying age has anything to do with wisdom, but experience does.

where do i work? i'm self employed. successfully self employed.

why does it make me more qualified? it doesn't. i'm no scholar of any importance. my line of work is completely separate from my world views.

yes, heating and cooling periods do happen like this. ice age, etc. at one time, britain was quite subtropical, alabama was oceanfront property, and the north pole had plenty of foliage. it does happen like this. you're just young and into the whole "save the earth" thing.

i'm completely cool with saving the earth. there's plenty of damage we are doing, what i am saying is that al gore and the rest of the elitists do not care about saving the earth for the same reasons you and i might care about it. these people are on a different level than you or i could even imagine. they don't give two fucks about the earth because of our future generations. we are not the blue bloods. we are "useless eaters". i'm not making that up about ted turner referring to us as just that. he's not the only one who believes such is true.

how is what we are doing not bad for the environment? it is. we are making an impact, just not the one that al gore would lead you to believe we are making. do you support greenpeace? that's pretty much a terrorist org. as defined by their actions. a real terrorist organization. not a fake one living in some cave.

here's an article for you to read

Media Ignore Al Gore’s Financial Ties to Global Warming

http://newsbusters.org/node/11149

I told you I don't give a shit about al gore. He doesn't really have anything to do with the fact that the world will end pretty soon. I'm not "young and into the whole save the world thing." I'm generally apathetic about politics and other bullshit dumb kids rant about. This is an exception because the evidence is overwhelming (note my example, multiple reputable sources to your no name link directly attacking al gore, not theories of global warming's impact on the earth) and people like you are being retarded about it. Al gore is not the only one that says that global warming is having catostrophic effects on the earth, in fact, most of the people that do say that are a lot more qualified and smarter than al gore is. Go read my links, then come back to the thread and say something about it. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure everything you've said in this thread has been negated.

the world is ending, huh? for you or the whole of the populus?

The truth about global warming - it's the Sun that's to blame

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/07/18/wsun18.xml&sSheet=/news/2004/07/18/ixnewstop.html

the little ice age in europe

http://www2.sunysuffolk.edu/mandias/lia/little_ice_age.html

MAN-MADE GLOBAL WARMING

IS POLITICS NOT SCIENCE

http://www.etherzone.com/2007/bend021307.shtml

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/npo/277645454.html

here's an add for lobbyists for the fascists at greenpeace.

pushing global warming as if it is something new to our planet.

Global Warming: The Cold, Hard Facts?

http://www.canadafreepress.com/2007/global-warming020507.htm

Weather Channel Climate Expert Calls for Decertifying Global Warming Skeptics

January 17, 2007

Posted by Marc Morano 202-224-5762 marc_morano@epw.senate.gov (8:50pm ET)

The Weather Channel’s most prominent climatologist is advocating that broadcast meteorologists be stripped of their scientific certification if they express skepticism about predictions of manmade catastrophic global warming. This latest call to silence skeptics follows a year (2006) in which skeptics were compared to "Holocaust Deniers" and Nuremberg-style war crimes trials were advocated by several climate alarmists.

The Weather Channel’s (TWC) Heidi Cullen, who hosts the weekly global warming program "The Climate Code," is advocating that the American Meteorological Society (AMS) revoke their "Seal of Approval" for any television weatherman who expresses skepticism that human activity is creating a climate catastrophe.

"If a meteorologist can't speak to the fundamental science of climate change, then maybe the AMS shouldn't give them a Seal of Approval. Clearly, the AMS doesn't agree that global warming can be blamed on cyclical weather patterns," Cullen wrote in her December 21 weblog on the Weather Channel Website. This latest call to silence skeptics of manmade global warming has been the subject of discussion at the annual American Meteorological Society’s Annual conference in San Antonio Texas this week.

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=PressRoom.Blogs&ContentRecord_id=32abc0b0-802a-23ad-440a-88824bb8e528

“The Weather Channel” Mess

January 18, 2007, 5:45 pm | James Spann | Op/Ed

Well, well. Some “climate expert” on “The Weather Channel” wants to take away AMS certification from those of us who believe the recent “global warming” is a natural process. So much for “tolerance”, huh?

I have been in operational meteorology since 1978, and I know dozens and dozens of broadcast meteorologists all over the country. Our big job: look at a large volume of raw data and come up with a public weather forecast for the next seven days. I do not know of a single TV meteorologist who buys into the man-made global warming hype. I know there must be a few out there, but I can’t find them. Here are the basic facts you need to know:

*Billions of dollars of grant money is flowing into the pockets of those on the man-made global warming bandwagon. No man-made global warming, the money dries up. This is big money, make no mistake about it. Always follow the money trail and it tells a story. Even the lady at “The Weather Channel” probably gets paid good money for a prime time show on climate change. No man-made global warming, no show, and no salary. Nothing wrong with making money at all, but when money becomes the motivation for a scientific conclusion, then we have a problem. For many, global warming is a big cash grab.

*The climate of this planet has been changing since God put the planet here. It will always change, and the warming in the last 10 years is not much difference than the warming we saw in the 1930s and other decades. And, lets not forget we are at the end of the ice age in which ice covered most of North America and Northern Europe.

If you don’t like to listen to me, find another meteorologist with no tie to grant money for research on the subject. I would not listen to anyone that is a politician, a journalist, or someone in science who is generating revenue from this issue.

http://www.al.com/printer/printer.ssf?/base/news/1169288539262650.xml&coll=2

Spann spawns cyber-storm

TV meteorologist disputes human role in global warming

Saturday, January 20, 2007

BOB CARLTON

News staff writer

James Spann is used to covering storms.

Not being in the middle of one.

But the ABC 33/40 meteorologist finds himself at the center of the global-warming controversy after the Internet site The Drudge Report posted a link to comments Spann made on his weather blog Thursday night.

"Everything kind of exploded," Spann said Friday. "Writing stuff like that is something I always do, but when Drudge links to it, it just brings the world to you all of a sudden."

All that controversy is over a cyber-disagreement Spann has with a climate scientist from The Weather Channel.

In essence, Spann does not believe that human activity is contributing to global warming and contends that "billions of dollars of grant money is flowing into the pockets of those on the man-made global warming bandwagon." Spann received so much traffic on his site that it was temporarily shut down Thursday night, he said.

"We have never been shut down with traffic before," he said. "During tornado outbreaks and hurricanes, we've been close, but we've never had a total shutdown or crash like this. It's kind of unprecedented."

Most of your articles are not from credible sources, or they are editorial articles, with their only source being themselves or one other person. However, I'll respond to some of them.

"Dr Solanki said that the brighter Sun and higher levels of "greenhouse gases", such as carbon dioxide, both contributed to the change in the Earth's temperature but it was impossible to say which had the greater impact."

That's from your article. It acknowledges that global warming exists and that the increase in co2 is contributing to it, so why is it a bad thing to push co2 reduction?

And ironically, your article entitled "The cold, hard facts," yields no facts, and only the opinion of one climatologist. The shit you present is just enough to create doubt and allow lobbyists to continue destroying the enviornment, just like with a little doubt introduced, enough people believed that cigarrettes aren't harmful to your health.

That article is trash, and you should know that. Global warming is not "junk science", the guy who wrote that article is a fucking moron and should get punched in the face.

fermentor, i only posted that one article because i can't find it in the local media's sites. it's really all over the news here. his investments in mines that pollute, his power bills, etc.

this quote, along with several others are credible

[H]ow Gore buys his "carbon offsets," as revealed by The Tennessean raises serious questions. According to the newspaper's report, Gore buys his carbon offsets through Generation Investment Management:

Gore helped found Generation Investment Management, through which he and others pay for offsets. The firm invests the money in solar, wind and other projects that reduce energy consumption around the globe...

Gore is chairman of the firm and, presumably, draws an income or will make money as its investments prosper. In other words, he "buys" his "carbon offsets" from himself, through a transaction designed to boost his own investments and return a profit to himself. To be blunt, Gore doesn't buy "carbon offsets" through Generation Investment Management - he buys stocks.

Officials Urged to Grill Al Gore About His Rich-Get-Warmer, Poor-Get-Colder Global Warming Offset Proposals

http://www.earnedmedia.org/ncppr0321.htm

al gore preaches to the choir

http://washingtontimes.com/op-ed/20070320-091250-3428r.htm

Hysteria over global warming not necessary

http://www.pntonline.com/engine.pl?station=portales&template=fnmStoryFull.html&id=10214

I read that and so what? The guy made investments. It's completely different than the Halliburton/Iraq connection that article mentions. He won't profit off the misery of others, instead he will profit from pollution-reducing industries. I fail to see how that immediately constitutes conspiracy, especially if the article is right and calls it "junk science". Junk science would be something along the lines of someone saying the moon is made out of cheese, then making a documentary about all the cheese we could get from the moon, and then investing all his money in cheese companies and hoping the public will buy into his scheme. Global warming is not junk science.