Mars has water

lord_casek

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are pretty sure that the water that's filling up that gully is coming from underground.

as for the rovers, i'm not exactly sure how far away they are from said water. and, as i said, the rovers aren't exactly prepared for such a discovery.

one other note, i've been reading and hearing alot about nasa changing the filters for the cams to be red (like we always see). the skies are said to be blue, like our own. that would be according to the little color coding on the film. i'm not sure of this, since i am no expert on this subject.

some reading.

http://mars-news.de/color/blue.html

2d1mwzk.jpg

wait?....mars looks like death valley.

Who here has actually looked at the surface of mars themself through a telescope?Theres pyramids on mars and the moon.:eek:

let me correct you, there appear to be shapes of things. that is appearance only for now. until we go to mars, we have no idea.

the one intriguing thing to me is the face on mars. some computer models shwo that now matter which way the sun strikes it, it still appears to be a face.

my best guess is that this is actually a large "hill" (for mars a hill is like one of our mountains size wise). we just won't know until we get humans there to inspect this stuff.

Let me correct you...im like the pyramids every point is presise ,chain flooded with ice,now you know me for life.I dont think you understood, im not speculating.The aliens that built these are the same that built the pyramid in china.

haha. that made me sorta laugh. like under my breath.

i've got a suggestion: it's an absolutely huge universe.

too much for one man to ponder. meanwhile, we're on

this planet with a billion mysteries. why not ponder those

shits for a little while and stop wondering about aliens

building temples on uranus.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/index.htm

check this out for awhile.

casek man youve got to be the most illogical person on here. they find evidence that there is probably water on mars and you go on to say "yep, water is one of the essentials to life, so naturally, we should assume that there is/was life on mars.". fuck man it really doesnt take much to get you set on something does it

i think he was talking about you jumping to conclusions withouth there being any conclusive proof. he wasn't questioning whether or not water was essential to life.

however, i was pleasantly surprised that you didn't automatically say there were pyramids on mars, as i would've expected you to.

and you said that a further and more thorough investigation must take place before we can determine whether or not those

are pyramids and a face on mars, or if it's just mountains being distorted by lights and shadows. now that wasn't too hard, was it.

i think he was talking about you jumping to conclusions withouth there being any conclusive proof. he wasn't questioning whether or not water was essential to life.

however, i was pleasantly surprised that you didn't automatically say there were pyramids on mars, as i would've expected you to.

and you said that a further and more thorough investigation must take place before we can determine whether or not those

are pyramids and a face on mars, or if it's just mountains being distorted by lights and shadows. now that wasn't too hard, was it.

i would think that there is probably life on mars, theo. but, like i said earlier and you just said, further study is needed.

as for the pyramids and such on mars, i would wonder why you'd think i'd be so silly as to jump into believing that those are indeed structures built by an intelligent race. i totally believe in life outside of earth, anyone would be a fool not to believe that there isn't. huge universe. the possibilities are endless. i just hope it's not jackoffosaurs.

i've got a massive hangover. fucking icehouse. anyone else ahve that problem with american beer?

thousand years? dunno about that. could be in 10 years could be in 100 but with the amount of interest people are showing towards it i doubt 1000 years.

whats all this shit about seeing pyramids thru telecopes n shit. i admit ive never had a proper look but come on how the hell can you tell that they are pyramids from this far away??? someone enlighten me i love this mysterious shit.

I think the most relevant post in this entire thread is the one with screen shots of total recall.

Whether there is life or not on Mars is somewhat irrelevant. Especially if it comes in the form of microbial life. Aside from the obvious metaphysical/ontological revisions that will need to happen in the course of human knowledge, we will just use it and abuse it like always. Unless that microbial life will wipe us out, who gives a fuck. Not humanity.

Terraforming is what is important here. There are plans to build a space station on the moon which will eventually provide a base to launch further projects to Mars. The relevance of moving water on Mars is indicative of its abililty to manipulated by us. It is more resource for us to acquire and develope in relation to our biological expansion.

Sci-fi hits some scientific goals on the head, and our humanistic manifest destiny outwards is one of them. We will go there because we need to. We will eventually need the space (should humanity exist that long).

Iono, I am just sayin unless we see some easter island type shit (in referrence to the face on the surface) or a biological threat, moving water on Mars will mean nothing more than something else for us to rape...

sounds fine by me. 2d8n91j.jpg

This is the best picture ever.

casek: I know it doesn't sound believable, but it was one of those science channel things and I saw it a while ago and am probably mis-representing it quite a bit. Plus, there's no text for me to reference. It was something about how they thought Mars may have had water but something happened along with the low gravity that made the oceans dissapate into space. Maybe they said it was a meteor that did it. It was "one theory".

I think the most relevant post in this entire thread is the one with screen shots of total recall.

Whether there is life or not on Mars is somewhat irrelevant. Especially if it comes in the form of microbial life. Aside from the obvious metaphysical/ontological revisions that will need to happen in the course of human knowledge, we will just use it and abuse it like always. Unless that microbial life will wipe us out, who gives a fuck. Not humanity.

Hey man, don't forget "Species". That fucking bitch came from some dirt from Mars. Or maybe it was "The Astronaut's Wife" where that happened. I can't remember.

I'm sure most of you have heard about this but I'll add it anyway...

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/03/0323_050323_jupitereuropa.html

Rothschild studies the origins of life on Earth and other planets. She's intrigued by Europa because it appears to contain likely key ingredients for life—water, an energy source, organic compounds, and billions of years of development.

Im not convinced man will ever be able to live sustainably away from this planet. The more we do things that are out of sync with evolution the more problems we seem to face. Examples;

*Ethnic groups start to get sick just by moving from one side of the planet to the other, ie Europeans with skin cancer and Africans with rickets.

*Obesity increases dramaticly due to sudden chang of lifestyle and inactivity.

*Suspected increase in cancer due to GM foods.

It seems to me that the idea that, humans and the planet that spawned us are inseperable , is not so unbelieveable.

Evolution is the process by which we overcome some natural impedements. It is not that we are out of sync with evolution, but necessitating a positive acceleration in its efficacy. It is like increasing the surface area of a substance such that it dissolves quicker. The body is going to need to respond to the environmental stimulus it is recieving, or we will die off. Do not confuse failed evolution with being out of sync with evolution. It is a mischaracterization of the theory to do so.

To respond to the content of your comment, mehh, we are pretty fragile beings. Rationality is our largest faculty against our succeptibility to biological failure. As such we continue in its vein to defeat our own impending mortality (Medicine, Science, etc.).

To your last comment, why close the system there? "it seems to me that the idea that, humans and the planet that spawned us are inseperable," and that the universe which spawned our planet and others of the terresterial category "planet" are inseperable, "is not so unbelievable." Your argument is that of degrees and fails in such. It is reasonable to believe that as necessarily biologically adaptive beings, should we create or find an environment close to ours that we can succesfully adapt to such a situation. In fact I stand to believe that if we create or find an environment such that it reflects nature before we really started fucking with it, we would find less adaptive issues that we see now;

to continue your list in an anti-thetical fashion:

*Reduced allergies due to lack of novel chemicals being introduced into the environment

*Less hormonal issues in children due to "purer" agricultural environments

*etc.

basically, humanity will prevail so long as we can calibrate the environment we inhabit such that it maps on the those essential qualities which assure the succesful procreation of our species.

Evolution is the process by which we overcome some natural impedements. It is not that we are out of sync with evolution, but necessitating a positive acceleration in its efficacy. It is like increasing the surface area of a substance such that it dissolves quicker. The body is going to need to respond to the environmental stimulus it is recieving, or we will die off. Do not confuse failed evolution with being out of sync with evolution. It is a mischaracterization of the theory to do so.

To respond to the content of your comment, mehh, we are pretty fragile beings. Rationality is our largest faculty against our succeptibility to biological failure. As such we continue in its vein to defeat our own impending mortality (Medicine, Science, etc.).

To your last comment, why close the system there? "it seems to me that the idea that, humans and the planet that spawned us are inseperable," and that the universe which spawned our planet and others of the terresterial category "planet" are inseperable, "is not so unbelievable." Your argument is that of degrees and fails in such. It is reasonable to believe that as necessarily biologically adaptive beings, should we create or find an environment close to ours that we can succesfully adapt to such a situation. In fact I stand to believe that if we create or find an environment such that it reflects nature before we really started fucking with it, we would find less adaptive issues that we see now;

to continue your list in an anti-thetical fashion:

*Reduced allergies due to lack of novel chemicals being introduced into the environment

*Less hormonal issues in children due to "purer" agricultural environments

*etc.

basically, humanity will prevail so long as we can calibrate the environment we inhabit such that it maps on the those essential qualities which assure the succesful procreation of our species.

man are you saying that we are introducing LESS novel chemicals into our environment than ever before in human history? caus i'm afraid youre wrong. same deal with 'pure' agriculture, maybe in a very small minority of organic farms. Also both those examples if they even were true are just reverting back to the state we were once in not actually making improvements, just going back on mistakes.

Also if you're workign with the theory of natural selection for your argument it seems as if youre going the entirely wrong way about it. Humans as 'adaptive beings' has nothign to do with our ability to quickly shape and live in a foreign environment. Im sure i dont need to verse you on natural selection but it's us adapting to our environment over millions and millions of years. it's not us changing an environment to suit ourselves. If i'm misunderstanding you and youre jsut saying we could live on a planet sufficiently similar to earth for survival then that's a no brainer but it has nothing to do with mars as it is obviously not sufficiently similar. And t obe honest I really cant see terraforming a different planet as working in the forseeable future due to efficiency issues among many many others.

This is the best picture ever.

casek: I know it doesn't sound believable, but it was one of those science channel things and I saw it a while ago and am probably mis-representing it quite a bit. Plus, there's no text for me to reference. It was something about how they thought Mars may have had water but something happened along with the low gravity that made the oceans dissapate into space. Maybe they said it was a meteor that did it. It was "one theory".

discovery channel? i think i saw that. glad i'm not the only nerd who watches that sometimes.

scientists are leaning towards the water they've seen ebbing in and out of that one

gully as being underground part of the time.