rap songs

Abracadabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;4752815']word.

support the underground.

Personally: Jedi Mind Tricks is my shit.

the beat for the new Jedi Mind single is hot...

even paz comes correct. if they didn't add that gay ass chorus it would have been way better though. if there are enough good guest spots on the next album to balance out vinnie paz's overtly "tough guy" attitude, it will be real nice.

stoupe is killer

I find it funny that when ever I hear someone complaining about rap music it's always some white 16 year old hipster scene kid....

"Underground" hip hop is pretty much any rapper or rap group that aint signed or on the radio...I remember hearing Mike Jones a few years ago on some mixtape shit...Did you support the underground then? What about Young Jeezy? Dude has been rappin for years in the "underground" but yall just heard him last year...But he's commercial right?

What about Big Daddy Kane talkin bout that pimp shit? I heard he was at one of the many art fag graff shows this year....But that's cool cause he's "old school", right???

Slick Rick sported some heavy gold chains as did RUN DMC, Eric B and Rakim and many of the other pioneers of rap music....They also bragged about how much better they were than you and every other rapper out at the time.

Some of you backpackin lames need a history lesson.

the beat for the new Jedi Mind single is hot...

even paz comes correct. if they didn't add that gay ass chorus it would have been way better though. if there are enough good guest spots on the next album to balance out vinnie paz's overtly "tough guy" attitude, it will be real nice.

stoupe is killer

Razorblade Salvation is a fuckin banger. I fuck with alot of underground, and alot of mainstream...muthafuckas need to open their ears and hop off this whole "hip hop purist" bullshit. It's one step away from preaching about the 5 elements yo!

fair to say^

dont get me wrong. good shit is good shit. regardless of who your signed or not signed to and regardless of what genre you pursue. personally, i was just trying to explain that mainstream shit naturally gets wayyyy more play and the result is that good music is lost in the mainstream and even more unfortunately, indepedent hip-hop is completely drowned out of the circuit... unless you choose to find it.

basically, you cant judge rap on what you hear on the radio, cause a hot97% of it is garbage. and its meant that way, cause it sells.

A friend of mine wrote this...

-----------------------

Are you one of these "types"?

10. HipHop Revisionist:These are the folks that go on and on about the "good" old days...as if they were there. "Back in the days they did/didn't..." is usually one of their favorite sayings. Bling, Money, Violence...?it was all there. Kool DJ Herc even got stabbed at one of his own parties.

9. People that seperate "Rap" from "HipHop": "Mr. Lif is an MC, LiL Flip is only a rapper." These guys usally have a list of Rap/Hiphop artist, but no reason behind their choice. The ironic thing about these guys is, if they made a list of HipHop artist, and took a trip to the birthplace of HipHop, virtually no one will have heard of their "HipHop artist. They aren't bumping Sage in the Bronx

8. Mainstream Haters: These are the guys whining and crying about how radio and MTV is killing HipHop. What they don't seem to realize is that is HipHop would have never went mainstream(which it did in the 80's), it would have never made it out to their backwater ass town in the first place. I remebmber a time when there was NO HipHop on the radio, period. The only way that you heard new stuff was from cats on your block or a older cousin or something. Wanna know how i was introduced to HipHop? Through a HollyWood movie in 1984. I am not ashamed to say it, I also remember the first 5 HipHop songs on the radio. Plus, these nuts seem to be unaware of how easy it is to get a hold of there precious "underground" HipHop. Just type it into GOOGLE and poof, there it is.

7. Chicken Littles: These are the nuts running around talking about HipHop is dead. If you didn't start it, how can you kill it? I for one haven't listen to much HipHop lately, in fact post-1995 HipHop probably makes up about .5% of what i listen to on any given day. Does this mean that HipHop is dead? No, it means that I don't have much intrest in it, but it is alive and well. And will remain.

6. People Who Think Undergroud is a Style: Plain and simple, Jedi Mind Triocks is not "underground". Quannum may not be in Rap City, but best believe that they don't wanna be "underground"

5. White People:Just kidding. No really, I like you guys.

4. Poor Little Starving Artist: They yell, "we dont' do this for the money" turning up there nose at sellouts that don't have any love for the "culture" because they want to pay their bills with HipHop. It's easy to do it for the "love" when you used moms VISA to buy your MPC4000xL and go to shows in dads ML450. People that actually had to eat "free lunch" in grade school(like me) are less concerned with the "love" as we are with the light bill.

3. Purist: These are the funniest people on the planet. They think that people must imitate 1979 to even be considered "HipHop" I actually had a conversation with a guy in an AOL chat where the guy stated that since I no longer "Broke" That I was not HipHop, only a guy who listened to HipHop music. In the same breath he told me that hiphop music must contain samples(!) I asked him about the ROOTS and Organized Noize, he stated "the're alright, but I don't consider them HipHop"(!) This is an extreme case, but many folks out there feel this way.

2. Branch Dividians: These are the folks that treat HipHop like a cult, something seperate from everyday life. They think that HipHop is something that you have to pass test to qualify, has rules to follow. They usually dieify KRSone.(I call theese ones KRS-oneites) Yes I know KRS has contributed alot to this "culture" and he is a dope artist(I own everything between Criminal Minded and I Got Next) but he is not GOD. And he is not any more or less HipHop than you or I.

1. Historians: It's good that you know Kool Hercs middle name, and that you know the Kool Moe Dee/Busy Bee battle line for line, but this does not make you HipHop. A good friend and I were having a conversation about Islam. He said that there are Jewish scholars that know more about Islam than 90% of the Muslims worldwide. There are Christians and Athiest that know more than 90% of the Muslims, because they have studied. But this information does not make them Muslims, just someone who has a lot of knowledge about Islam. The same thing applies to HipHop. Information alone does make one "HipHop"

Are you one of these types?

------------------

Get in where you fit in.

I find it funny that when ever I hear someone complaining about rap music it's always some white 16 year old hipster scene kid....

"Underground" hip hop is pretty much any rapper or rap group that aint signed or on the radio...I remember hearing Mike Jones a few years ago on some mixtape shit...Did you support the underground then? What about Young Jeezy? Dude has been rappin for years in the "underground" but yall just heard him last year...But he's commercial right?

What about Big Daddy Kane talkin bout that pimp shit? I heard he was at one of the many art fag graff shows this year....But that's cool cause he's "old school", right???

Slick Rick sported some heavy gold chains as did RUN DMC, Eric B and Rakim and many of the other pioneers of rap music....They also bragged about how much better they were than you and every other rapper out at the time.

Some of you backpackin lames need a history lesson.

this is truth...

thankfully, most backpackers started dying out in the early 2000's... backpacking culture was at its peak in about 99...

A friend of mine wrote this...

-----------------------

Are you one of these "types"?

10. HipHop Revisionist:These are the folks that go on and on about the "good" old days...as if they were there. "Back in the days they did/didn't..." is usually one of their favorite sayings. Bling, Money, Violence...?it was all there. Kool DJ Herc even got stabbed at one of his own parties.

9. People that seperate "Rap" from "HipHop": "Mr. Lif is an MC, LiL Flip is only a rapper." These guys usally have a list of Rap/Hiphop artist, but no reason behind their choice. The ironic thing about these guys is, if they made a list of HipHop artist, and took a trip to the birthplace of HipHop, virtually no one will have heard of their "HipHop artist. They aren't bumping Sage in the Bronx

8. Mainstream Haters: These are the guys whining and crying about how radio and MTV is killing HipHop. What they don't seem to realize is that is HipHop would have never went mainstream(which it did in the 80's), it would have never made it out to their backwater ass town in the first place. I remebmber a time when there was NO HipHop on the radio, period. The only way that you heard new stuff was from cats on your block or a older cousin or something. Wanna know how i was introduced to HipHop? Through a HollyWood movie in 1984. I am not ashamed to say it, I also remember the first 5 HipHop songs on the radio. Plus, these nuts seem to be unaware of how easy it is to get a hold of there precious "underground" HipHop. Just type it into GOOGLE and poof, there it is.

7. Chicken Littles: These are the nuts running around talking about HipHop is dead. If you didn't start it, how can you kill it? I for one haven't listen to much HipHop lately, in fact post-1995 HipHop probably makes up about .5% of what i listen to on any given day. Does this mean that HipHop is dead? No, it means that I don't have much intrest in it, but it is alive and well. And will remain.

6. People Who Think Undergroud is a Style: Plain and simple, Jedi Mind Triocks is not "underground". Quannum may not be in Rap City, but best believe that they don't wanna be "underground"

5. White People:Just kidding. No really, I like you guys.

4. Poor Little Starving Artist: They yell, "we dont' do this for the money" turning up there nose at sellouts that don't have any love for the "culture" because they want to pay their bills with HipHop. It's easy to do it for the "love" when you used moms VISA to buy your MPC4000xL and go to shows in dads ML450. People that actually had to eat "free lunch" in grade school(like me) are less concerned with the "love" as we are with the light bill.

3. Purist: These are the funniest people on the planet. They think that people must imitate 1979 to even be considered "HipHop" I actually had a conversation with a guy in an AOL chat where the guy stated that since I no longer "Broke" That I was not HipHop, only a guy who listened to HipHop music. In the same breath he told me that hiphop music must contain samples(!) I asked him about the ROOTS and Organized Noize, he stated "the're alright, but I don't consider them HipHop"(!) This is an extreme case, but many folks out there feel this way.

2. Branch Dividians: These are the folks that treat HipHop like a cult, something seperate from everyday life. They think that HipHop is something that you have to pass test to qualify, has rules to follow. They usually dieify KRSone.(I call theese ones KRS-oneites) Yes I know KRS has contributed alot to this "culture" and he is a dope artist(I own everything between Criminal Minded and I Got Next) but he is not GOD. And he is not any more or less HipHop than you or I.

1. Historians: It's good that you know Kool Hercs middle name, and that you know the Kool Moe Dee/Busy Bee battle line for line, but this does not make you HipHop. A good friend and I were having a conversation about Islam. He said that there are Jewish scholars that know more about Islam than 90% of the Muslims worldwide. There are Christians and Athiest that know more than 90% of the Muslims, because they have studied. But this information does not make them Muslims, just someone who has a lot of knowledge about Islam. The same thing applies to HipHop. Information alone does make one "HipHop"

Are you one of these types?

------------------

Get in where you fit in.

this was a great read... i'm gonna have to save this...

I hate that fucking quote!

If the way you "live" is deeply associated with something as petty as the music you listen to....then I do not approve. Style of dress, the way you speak when around youre friends....I can tolerate. But "living" hiphop makes no sense to me.

Dont even get me started on that make believe four elements shit. That junk is just weird.

I hate that fucking quote!

If the way you "live" is deeply associated with something as petty as the music you listen to....then I do not approve. Style of dress, the way you speak when around youre friends....I can tolerate. But "living" hiphop makes no sense to me.

Dont even get me started on that make believe four elements shit. That junk is just weird.

Co-signed.

Also, I think most music sucks lately. I yearn for my 80s again. Give me a little Journey and I'm a happy man.

They're so epic...

Razorblade Salvation is a fuckin banger. I fuck with alot of underground, and alot of mainstream...muthafuckas need to open their ears and hop off this whole "hip hop purist" bullshit. It's one step away from preaching about the 5 elements yo!

very true...i just listen to what i like, regardless of how people want to categorize it.

i have only listened to part of razorblade salvation, i was actually talking about Heavy Metal Kings feating Ill Bill.