Once again

GLIK$

I'm right.

Fight #9

Royce Gracie vs. Matt Hughes

R1

Both fighters look very composed as the first period starts. After a brief clinch against the cage, Hughes scores a takedown directy into side control. Hughes looking for a Kimura. Gracie's arm is being bent back horribly. Royce escapes but Hughes gets on his back with both hooks in. The wrestler then pounds away at Royce's head until referee "Big" John McCarthy stops the bout at 4:39 of the first round. Complete domination by the champion.

Ya'll should learn to never doubt me.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Nah this UFC sucked balls.

The past like what 14 PPV events were sold out and this one sold a little over half tickets.

No money-drawing names were present. Everyone knew Gracie couldn't hang.

What people dont understand is that when Gracie was fighting, the reason he was so dominant was that NO ONE else knew how to grapple and submit.

Thats like an ice skater throwing shotput in the olympics.

gliks, if you can find ortiz/griffin, send that shit over.

also, if you wanna fly down when its time for the ultimate figher finals with ortiz an shamrock fighting, we can have a party for that shit. cant wait to see dumb ass get mobbed.

gracie should have never taken this fight. i had as much of a chance of winning as he did, and i was 4000 miles away....asleep.

ONCE AGAIN BACK IT'S THE INCREDIBLE!

I SAW THIS FIGHT. I WAS PULLIN FOR GRACIE. I FELT SORRY FOR GRACIE MAN, HE WAS LOOKIN ALL CALM AND COLLECTED LIKE NOTHING WAS HAPPENING. HE DIDNT SEEM NEARLY AS AGGRESSIVE AS MATT HUGHES. THE REF DID THE RIGHT THING BY STOPPING THE FIGHT BECAUSE GRACIE WASN'T EVEN DEFENDING HIMSELF.

i just got back from watching it

to the true MMA follower, there were quite a few good fights

and much like last time, the pre lims were better than the big name fights....

i too knew Gracie had no chance. I dont know why everyone thought he did. People seem to think the guy is invincible....yet he's not, and has been beaten before. Most of his fights are mismatches....Hughes did exactly what i thought hed do, and im glad, Brazilian Ju Jitsu people seem to think their shit is the best out of all martial arts out there, and i think this match proved that a well rounded fighter is better. Im happy Gracie lost

Oh btw, the flying knee to the head by Spencer Fisher was fucking awesome. The craziest shit ive seen in quite some time

Melvin's fight was also good

and Dean Lister put on a grappling clinic. Very enjoyable to watch

PS Fuck laymen shitty white trash bandwagon fans at the bar who don;t know shit all about UFC, and all talk like experts yet have no clue.

also, if you wanna fly down when its time for the ultimate figher finals with ortiz an shamrock fighting, we can have a party for that shit. cant wait to see dumb ass get mobbed.

gracie should have never taken this fight. i had as much of a chance of winning as he did, and i was 4000 miles away....asleep.

yo i'd be so down for that shit.

Set up a nice spot in your cardboard box and buy hours'dours or however you spell that shit.

I cant find any fucking UFC torrents that are recent.

And good luck getting that shit from the virgins in the computer thread.

PS: I will fight Royce Gracie at anytime. Even though I've trained at "one of his facilities" haha.

dont hold your breath it wasnt anything special

round one was great, and tito was gassed as fuck after that

the rest was booooooooring

UFC 61 should be good, altho i dont see how tito and shamrock could be good. After shamrocks fight with Franklin, im not really looking forward to it.

I think tito will destroy him for the billionth time

also, hope Arlovski wins

Poop.

toodles_sad.gif

I really wanted Gracie to win but only because he was the underdog and such a legend to the sport. Matt just proved that pound for pound he is the man to beat. I am assuming that St.Pierre is next in line which will be a great fight?

Gracie's will while getting his arm torqued was insane-I had to look away as it seriously looked like it was going to break, it shows you that the Gracie's will never tap out-never!

John Alessio was exciting to watch. Casually walking to his corner with Diego monkeying a clench around his back just to ask for some coaching advice was cool. Then using his own neck to catch some leverage on Diego's arm for an armbar-I thought that John should have won. Can't wait to see him fight again.

Spencer ‘The King’ Fisher shaking out of 2 deep choke holds to come back with a flying knee knockout had me cheering like a neanderthal.

Quick Swick!