NHL 2006 Playoffs

srebmun

And we don't?

Buffalo kicked major ass, and I am most proud of them for this latest series more than any of the other two. They lost so many men but still put up a team that held a ridiculously healthy Hurricanes team to the final minute of game 7. Not to mention games 2 and 5 which the refs basically gave to them. I hope that Edmonton gets a fair shake, go Edmonton by the way, more ex-Sabres players over there.

The single most annoying thing that the OLN announcers were commenting on was the Buffalo system, that the players were buying into the system, etc., systems in general, IMO nobody has a system, they are just playing the game the best way they know how. Anyway the details are hazy, so if there is a system could someone please tell me what it is?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I think your on point. The system is just the "NEW" nhl, with rules and etc. Just a faster game with more odd man rushes and passing. Both Carolina and Buffalo are perfectly set up for this type of faster paced play. Buffalo more so with their younger team, and better hands all around, unfortunatly their D men had bad luck this year.

An example of a team not playing the system would be the Red Wings. Older players, slower movement up ice..etc. Buffalo and Carolina have gone so far because of their amazing speed to move the puck up the ice (cole, stillman, brierre, MAX!) and capitalize on those odd man rushes (okay, so maybe not max..hahah.).

But yeah, you got it.

Pretty shitty that the penalty called that resulted in the PP goal was the delay of game from flipping the puck over the boards. I really hate that penalty.

Power Bill: EDM is the superstar power house in this series in my eyes. I think in many other peoples. They have a seasoned goaltender, Sampsonov, Dvorak, Smyth, Stoll, Horcoff, Pronger and Peca. Thats some serious speed and firepower compared to Carolina from where I see it.

I was born and raised in North Carolina, so Ill be rooting for them in this series. I only took buffalo in the last one because I like the NYR and Max.

the only thing I hate about the CBC broadcast is when they don't use jim hughson.

harry neil and bob cole are fucking retarded.

the shit that comes out of harry neil's mouth is rediculous. and bob cole is too old and senile these days to figure out the right player on the puck.

plus everytime he see's chris pronger on the ice his dick gets hard.

big chris pronger are his three favorite words.

I beg to differ. Hughson is good, but I'm a Bob Cole supporter, all the way. I grew up on his voice, and I really can't even imagine watching Leaf games without him on the mic. Harry Neil is alright, too. I like to see the old timers do their thing; it brings a little bit of history to the game.

I hear people say how Cole is senile, but I rarely ever hear him make mistakes.

ANYway, I will also have to give major props to the hated Buffalo Sabres. It was so obvious how tired they were. I heard Lindy Ruff did his best to spread the ice time around in Game 7, but it just didn't work out.

This is going to be a good Stanley Cup series. I guess I'm going for Edmonton, but I gotta say that I really like Staal, Ward, and Brind'amour. But I really want to see Smyth with a Cup, too.

Cole is an idiot. Not so much as Neil, the things that fucking retard says....

Cole seriously can't call the play anymore. He is calling players on the puck that aren't even on the ice. He makes up his own lines. I just hate how him and Neil are the CBC's "A" team and Hughson, who is way better at calling the game, is the "B" team.

p.s.-how the fuck did the outdoor life network land the first two games? what crock of shit.

I thought they had all of them? Scary.

I usually watch the cbc. Shows the start of the game, national anthems and crap, doesnt have melrose blabbering instead.

I turn to oln at the end of the game, because they show press conferences.

That was such a crazy game! Oilers are not exactly done, but they have a lot of work ahead of them. Cam Ward was his usual bad self (that last second save was ridiculous). Lots of scoring...if Markannen or Conklin just do decently, it should be an interesting series.

Who do you think the Oilers are gonna go with next game? Jussi, or Ty?

from what ive been hearing jussi will be on the ice tonight. it will be interesting to see if he steps up and keeps the oilers in it. a lot of people have their doubts.

p.s.-i just realized im going to be at bonnaroo (in the middle of fucking nowhere) for games 5 thru 7. if carolina doesnt win it in 4 i am going to be pissed.

p.s.-i just realized im going to be at bonnaroo (in the middle of fucking nowhere) for games 5 thru 7. if carolina doesnt win it in 4 i am going to be pissed.

You serious?

I just sold my ticket 4 days ago. The ball and chain's friend got knocked up and decided to have a wedding that weekend. After much haggling, Im going to the wedding, but Im getting a new turbo for my Z outta it..

Im not so sure it will make it to game 5 anyways.

A couple of kids on the Ea Sports NHL 06 forums simulated the series with exact players and everything. EDM won in game 7 3-2.

They set it back up yesterday without roloson, Carolina swept the series.

Theyre simulations have only been off by 1-2 games and acouple goals each series this year.

Im interested to see what happens.

oh man this is fucking awesome. i was standing in a line to get into a show in vegas. across the street is a sports bar playing the game on a big screen. canes down 3-1. in the time it took to move through the line, they were up 4-3. but i had to go inside before its over. when we leave i go across the street to ask the bartender who won. the place is like a coyote ugly ripoff with all these blonde sluts as employees. i ask her who won and she says. colorado won 5-4. i took that as carolina as left happy as shit.