mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmotorbikes!

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

World's most practical/capable bike is also the world's ugliest. WHY GOD WHY?!?

ducati-multistrada-1200-1.jpg

f0014732_4af973fcabb05.jpg

150 hp

410 lbs

ABS

15000 mi valve checks (wtf)

$14999

Push button throttle settings

Superbike handling

Couch comfort touring

Billion practical uses

Face for radio

I cant tell what thatthing is. I think it's a beard.

fuck patience.

got the light situation fixed, now it's shorting out every time i try and start it.

shit is no bueno. might just end it up in the shop this week. cant take much more of the stress, rather just take pills and pay someone else to fix my fucking mess.

sometimes seeks, thats the right thing to do.

your choice. good luck

ps: clawhammer-apply directly to forehead

theres a couple things going on.

1. i'm OCD and cant handle messes of wires. it absolutely freaks me out. thats why this whole mess started, cause i wanted to clean up the stock wires when i changed headlights and bars. now im thinking about really redoing them completely. like, rewiring everything up front, including ignition. this is a little more than i think i can safely handle. if i blow my ignition, that's $400. it'll cost less to rewire. might as well save myself the hassle.

2. ive been trying to get a job at the shop i get parts from, working a day or two a week for free, in exchange for them just teaching me shit. i figure if i take my bike in there, it'll be a good excuse to hang around while they fix it since it would take 3x's longer to figure out my wiring setup without me there. hopefully i can then turn that into just hanging around all the time.

3. i'm an anteater, bitch.

well looks like that bike is on the hot rod tip. the front looks smaller, like a 19.

usually no bikes i have seen run anything bigger than 18 in the rear.

most choppers run 16s in the rear and go super skinny and large in the front, like a 21.

i had 18 rear and 19 front, stock, but to mimic the dual chunky tires, i have a 18 front now.

i wish i could do dual 16s on a jap bike like this...

monk11_01.jpg

xs650_01_001.jpg

Joker explain to me (no you explain to me) why all these f'ing bike fab companies and independent frame builders arent doing more with mopeds? Right now people just use 40 year old puch frames. Seems to me like anyone with a bunch of tubes, lugs and a mig could do better.