mount: only root can do that

----

thoughts?

Type "sudo" followed by the mount argument-

sudo mount -t ntfs -3g -o remove_hiberfile /dev/sda1 /media/AE041FE1041FAB7B

xvaereps.jpg.2ca69c759c37b425271266b379f2a0fc.jpg

hogwild.jpg.45b131c725f16c6571848c60a1d712cb.jpg

DSCN1898.jpg.20f6e61fde077d5c8fd9172c0df4b9d6.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

ok, i dont expect miracles here but why not try.

i inherited a lcd projector from my mom whose a retired teacher. i cant get it to register on my imac.

ive got a vga adaptor for the RGB cord, but when i go to the display menu on system preferences its not recognizing that anything is plugged in. ive tried all the combos and spent an hour on the phone with the mac "expert" any ideas???

I let my friend borrow my external HD and i got it back all the files were fine until i opened some of them, not all but some had their contents replaced with a bunch of different files that were just characters and had extensions that dont make sense like .ìεÄ.

This is what they look like and what happens when i try to open them,

jt2c2d.jpg

Also there was about 100GB free, now theres only like 48GB. and i scaned it with Kaspersky and it came up with nothing.

I let my friend borrow my external HD and i got it back all the files were fine until i opened some of them, not all but some had their contents replaced with a bunch of different files that were just characters and had extensions that dont make sense like .ìεÄ.

This is what they look like and what happens when i try to open them,

jt2c2d.jpg

Also there was about 100GB free, now theres only like 48GB. and i scaned it with Kaspersky and it came up with nothing.

Know how to use a chkdsk command?

I cant read your error message

[the file] is not acessable

The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

Know how to use a chkdsk command?

No but i googled it, and did it. I didnt have it fix anything but in the details of the scan it said all the files effected had an unrecoverable error in folder, this mean they're gone?

[the file] is not acessable

The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

No but i googled it, and did it. I didnt have it fix anything but in the details of the scan it said all the files effected had an unrecoverable error in folder, this mean they're gone?

run it with the /f and let it fix the errors.

Yah, I'm running Ubuntu now. I like acid because I am familiar with it and because of VST, but I guess I could start getting into linux music production.

My main question is about the sound cards. Will they work well on linux, well enough to record vocals and support VST?

Yah, I'm running Ubuntu now. I like acid because I am familiar with it and because of VST, but I guess I could start getting into linux music production.

My main question is about the sound cards. Will they work well on linux, well enough to record vocals and support VST?

Like casek said, get another gig of ram, I know most of the netbooks have an 'upgrade' offer where the double the HD size, add another gig of ram and give you a 6 cell battery.

I don't know if you'd be wanting to use a netbook for music production though! I was thinking of getting one but I'd only really use it for iTunes and updating my website, etc..

run it with the /f and let it fix the errors.

Restarted my computer and this happened,

e0ogw5.jpg

Im just gonna format it and hang my self with the USB cord.

Update: Now it says the dive is not accessible.

Update 2: All format attempts failed, i apparently dont have permission, and drive name changed to characters.

I'm think about getting a netbook. Probably a Toshiba with an 1.67 ghz and 1 gig of ram.

Does anyone know what it would be like running Ableton, Photoshop, or Acid on there?

Does anyone have any experience with Linux on a netbook?

this is totally the way to go mini 10v hackintosh flash 10.1 will run hd 300 bucks of awesome

http://gizmodo.com/5389166/how-to-hackintosh-a-dell-mini-10v-into-the-ultimate-snow-leopard-netbook

when i pLug in my usb stick or my digitaL camera to my computer and do what i do and when its time for me to take it off i cLick on the icon to remove my device safeLy i go to stop and the computer won't Let me it says something about some voLume wassup with that?. id reaLLy Like some heLp or advice on how to fix this.

Guest Ginger Bread Man

this will also happen on a mac.

i accidentally started trashing the pictures off my 32gb flash card and pulled it once i realized what was happening. i proceeded to continue using the card and took another 100 or so pictures and when i tried to download the pictures my entire card was fubar. data rescue/disk warrior FTW