<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I been trying to set up a STATIC IP and PORT FORWARDING on my Macbook to make Vuze Bittorrent work better and not clutter or crash my bandwith.

I followed the online directions but keep getting a Nat error in Vuze in any port I select for it even after I set it up in the router.

I also keep having problems with the static IP I try and set up on my Macbook. Everytime I set it up I have no access to the internet through manual IP setting.

I been working on this for 2 days and have only succeeded in tweaking the router (which is a hunk of shit, but all I got) to accept settings of this type.

Anyone who can help with this?

I am going nuts with my internet going in and out whenever I download torrents or use my webcam.

This is going to quite possibly be the stupidest question ever asked in here, but how the fuck do I turn the spell check back on on my Opera?

It was on, and I never turned it off, but it just stopped doing it. I've browsed the settings and can't find the option to turn it back on, anyone know where it is?

Using the latest version, by the way

Can someone tell me a good way to see what are the biggest files on your computer?

TuneUp utilities used to do it but i had to uninstall it to upgrade to Windows 7.

I got like 1 gig left, i had 7 gig about a week ago. Im sure theres something big somewhere that i meant to delete.

is peerblock/peerguardian worth a damn at all? i've seen a lot of other peeps hate on it saying that:

Encrypting your activity won't do a damn thing. How anti-piracy groups work is by connecting to the same tracker as you and getting all the IPs.

thoughts?

peerblock is worth a shit. you aren't encrypting shit, just blocking known ip addresses.

it's another layer of protection you're adding to yourself.

This is going to quite possibly be the stupidest question ever asked in here, but how the fuck do I turn the spell check back on on my Opera?

It was on, and I never turned it off, but it just stopped doing it. I've browsed the settings and can't find the option to turn it back on, anyone know where it is?

Using the latest version, by the way

I know it's retarded but I really can't find this shit haha

I've gotten so lazy I don't even want to spellcheck myself on the internet anymore, holy shit

Dearest computer gods.... The other morning my wife was using my laptop. Long story short, it shut down and when booting back up I received the message, "Operating system not found." So after dumping windows 7 back on, I have yet to find a few more drivers.... I am trying to find the realtek HD audio drivers. Amazingly enough, said drivers are non existent on the HP webpage.

My lappy: HP DV6704nr w/ W7 64bit.

As a side note.... my last version of 7 was the beta...all drivers found easily.. this version is the retail ultimate and drivers have been a pain in the ass.

Dearest computer gods.... The other morning my wife was using my laptop. Long story short, it shut down and when booting back up I received the message, "Operating system not found." So after dumping windows 7 back on, I have yet to find a few more drivers.... I am trying to find the realtek HD audio drivers. Amazingly enough, said drivers are non existent on the HP webpage.

My lappy: HP DV6704nr w/ W7 64bit.

As a side note.... my last version of 7 was the beta...all drivers found easily.. this version is the retail ultimate and drivers have been a pain in the ass.

or here, but LBS is right

http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=5513

i have drive question

Building a file server. One of the drives

was fucked up so i replaced it.

When i restarted the computer it started

reading whatever was on the drive before I got to it.

Im trying to boot from CD. I tried holding

down C but its not feelin me.

Now its giving me some options. None

of which include booting from CD...

Anything else i can do?