The best of Google Video and YouTube

Poop Man Bob

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by El Mikinbin De Miami@Feb 7 2006, 04:30 PM

Crazt Multi Car Pileup

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8...073&q=car+crash

This confuses the hell out of me.

How are there so many people STILL crashing into the ALREADY stopped and crashed cars.

Now, obviously, there is some kind of construction/work crew judging by the cones on the one lane. So, whey the hell is this traffic still blazing down the road at 60+mph?

AND how do these morons NOT see stopped/smashed vehicles until they're 20 yards in front of them?

I've actually been involved in something very similar. I wasn't in the initial (or later resulting) accident, though - I stopped on the side of the road about 50 feet down to help a dude who was STAGGERING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FUCKING FREEWAY after the car accident. He was dazed as shit and had no clue what was going on. Meanwhile, cars are SLAMMING on their brakes hardcore and swerving out of the way.

The initial accident was actually very similar to the one in the video above. A van was stopped on the median part of the freeway, and somehow a SUV plowed into the back of it at 60 mph or so. I saw that happen from about 400 feet back, had to slam on my brakes, and watched in my rear view mirror as cars swerved from side to side trying to avoid me and everyone else who had to stop (the van got pushed into traffic).

So I pulled over, went into traffic (which was considerably slower by now) and helped this 250+ lb dude over to the median, all the while cars are still screeching in the background and swerving to avoid everyone else. Shit was hardt.

What it comes down to is no one expecting people to stop in the middle of the freeway. That and some cars' inability to brake effectively from 65+ mph to 0 in a matter of seconds. All it takes is for one person to be slow to react and it causes a chain of haywireness. That's a word, by the way.