Silent Hill Teaser

Weapon X

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I've played the beginning of Silent Hill (forgot which one it was exactly) at a friends house. Apparently, my wife was somewhere in Silent Hill and I was supposed to find her. The beginning was a dark and foggy joint. Every now and then there'd be a monster and I'd have to beat it to death with a stick with a nail in it.

But I heard it gets really good.

Watch it lastnight, and let me say that my boyfriend fell asleep through the whole movie, maybe because he had about 4 beers in him or it could have been that we caught the midnight show OR cause the movie reeked. i took a glance at the audience, and i saw more than a few heads down. Personally i enjoyed it. Playing Silent Hill myself, it kept up with the video game pretty welll to an extent of course. Anyhoo, when the movie was over the audience boo the shit out of the it. One dude even yelled I want my money back!! Shit was comedy. Walking out of the theater i overhead several girls trying to explain the movie to their pissed of boyfriends. I was one of them.

Saw this tonight, I liked it. For once, Hollywood made a video game movie that catered to the video game crowd rather than the movie crowd. Unlike that shitbox turd, "Doom". This stayed pretty true to the game, wasn't scary but it was creepy. Basically like being able to watch the game's story on the big screen without having to play it, which I liked cause I liked the games.

The movie LOOKED great..

but I didn't play the game and the storyline wasn't cohesive enough for a 'movie person' to really follow... so I wasn't really feeling it.

Yeah, that's what I was saying about catering to the video game crowd, instead. The story in the games is really strange and hard to follow as it's very cerebral and layered with metaphors and existentialism, plus the games take at least 8-9 hours to complete. I can see how people who did not play the game would have trouble following along or getting into it.

Penny Arcade had this to say:

20060421.jpg

20060424.jpg

Now I'm afraid to go see it because I was so excited about it and I really don't want to be let down.

I would rather never see it and think that it must have been a great movie than see it and know better.

-fuse.

If you liked "Doom", you'll like this movie. If you didn't like Doom... you'll be mortified. My roommate was fucking pissed that he went to this movie... wouldn't stop cussing and complaining about it. Artistically it was really good, and it was moderately creepy. The plot was muddled, the dialogue caused the entire audience to laugh 4 or 5 times (when it was meant to be serious), and it was not very resolving at the end.