Videogame Thread Fall Edition

Weapon X

Hey dhabz, you on xbox live? wanna get burned at laguna seca or just donate a Ferarri F1222 or whatever to me?

I also play CS and Pro Evolution soccer 4on the old XBL doo da.

Curently kinda plaing Metal Gear Solid 2, but I hate that chump Raiden, who the fuck is he? Looks like a transvestite, Solid snake is the ultimate ruggedness, bring him back!

Fuck it.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're downloading world of warcraft?

*i have a biased opinion on the matter...since i play it.

zOMG O RLY? ya..rly.

waiting for a better mmorpg to come out, this one is plaaaaayed out, playa. seriously, it's become very kiddie and blizzard needs to spend some of that billion dollar a month fuckin income on server upgrades. fuck lag. Vanguard looks good, as does Darkfall.

**i realize you really meant to put "now", so to be short, IT'S THE RADDEST FUCKIN FPS THERE IS AT THE MOMENT. If you like FPS, and online play, you will go out and spend the money for the real ting. Which I rarely do for any video game, nowdays.

• 1 month later...

Wow. Resident Evil 4 has been knocking my socks off!

Seriously, anyone with a PS2 or GameCube should get this game.

I heard the PS2 version lets you play as Ada Wong, but I'm nearing the end of the game (30 hours into it) and I still haven't been able to.

Everytime I think the game is over, it just keeps on going. I'm on the island right now.

By the way, it is no wonder why RE4 got the best graphics award at the Spike TV's Video Game Awards.

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone please try and convince me to keep playing Shadow of the Colossus? It got amazing reviews from every site, but I am two levels into it and am not all that impressed.

I appreciate the originality, as well as the graphics and sound, but it just seems so boring.

Maybe it's just a bad idea to play it after such a stellar game lik The Warriors.

If none of you guys can tell me why it's worth finishing SoC, I'll just pop in Call of Duty: Big Red One.

(oh yeah, I am addicted to Battlefield 2 on the PC - the online is even better than CoD2, in a lot of ways).

Guest imported_El Mamerro

So I rented Half-Life 2 for the Xbox after hearing so much hype, and so far I'm not as super impressed as I thought it'd be. The graphics took a massive beating from the PC-to-console conversion, and the vehicle controls are piss poor. It's super fucking immersive though, and the way you get around doing things and solving puzzles is pretty original. Still, I thought this was supposed to be a Halo killer, and so far it hasn't yet even posed a challenge.

Yeah, the thing I hate is, you simply cannot aim/move around as freely with a controller as you can with a mouse....

and I know there's people on halo2 that have mice rigged up to their xbox's, and I'd consider that cheating...

And yeah, pc --> xbox, the graphics took a big hit. Most of the time the computer version will be leaps and bounds

ahead of any console port of the same game.

Originally posted by El Mamerro@Jan 17 2006, 05:57 AM

So I rented Half-Life 2 for the Xbox after hearing so much hype, and so far I'm not as super impressed as I thought it'd be. The graphics took a massive beating from the PC-to-console conversion, and the vehicle controls are piss poor. It's super fucking immersive though, and the way you get around doing things and solving puzzles is pretty original. Still, I thought this was supposed to be a Halo killer, and so far it hasn't yet even posed a challenge.

mams, you neeeeed to play it on a PC man...its one of the best games I have ever played, and I wouldent dare touch it on Xbox.

as of latly I have been playing DEF JAM fight for NY..game is sick! also Hulk Ultimate destruction, big levles that you can destroy is fun

and I just got an SNES emulator with a game pad....yoshi island is the illist

Idunno - I'd say that I'm pretty good with a controller.

I used to think that I'd be much better with a mouse and keypad than with a controller, but some developers make sure that the controls on their console games are really good.

For instance, I'm pretty sure I'm a lot better in the 360 version of CoD. Halo also has good controls.

Originally posted by WhiteOx+Jan 17 2006, 06:30 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WhiteOx - Jan 17 2006, 06:30 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Weapon X@Jan 17 2006, 04:32 AM

(oh yeah, I am addicted to Battlefield 2 on the PC - the online is even better than CoD2, in a lot of ways).

I'm badly addicted to that shit.

before that i was addicted to rome: total war

[/b]

Yeah, it's just too bad that I'm addicted to a game that I have to travel to my friend's house to play.

btw, Rome: Total War has an expansion pack called Barbarian Invasions. Check it out.

Originally posted by CRAMPS@Jan 17 2006, 11:26 AM

as of latly I have been playing DEF JAM fight for NY..game is sick! also Hulk Ultimate destruction, big levles that you can destroy is fun

and I just got an SNES emulator with a game pad....yoshi island is the illist

Yeah, those games are nice. You'll definitely enjoy Hulk.

*TESSERACT - I heard that the KOTOR II was a disappointment because it's not nearly as long as KOTOR I. Have you played the first one?

Guest imported_El Mamerro

The thing is, Half-Life 2 was STILL rated better than Halo 2 on the Xbox. I have no doubts that the PC version is amazing.

I'm fucking terrible with keyboards/mice, I've always preferred the feel of a controller, especially an ergonomic trigger.

I have the first KOTOR and it was fucking unbelievable, even though I don't really like RPG's.