DETROIT GRAFFITI

Issac Brock

The word "blatantly" functions as an adverb that modifies the verb know.

the act of rocking a dumbass expensive scotty hoodie is a blatant display of your rap letter lifestyle.

knowledge on the part of a casual observer of you wearing the hoodie isn't blatant.

for me to blatantly know that you're a writer by wearing that hoodie would require some sort of obvious display on my part of that knowledge that because you're wearing that hoodie, I know you write, possibly by wearing an article of clothing with a logo that involves me knowing that you're a writer as a result of you wearing that hoodie...which would take a lot of preplanning and thought on my part.

tl:dr...the act is blatant, the reception of that action leads to an obvious perception, but i wouldnt call that perception blatant...or modify something that is obvious with a word that also means obvious...ie...i wouldnt say something is obviously obvious, that would be redundant. But without having to edit the post again, I get what you mean. I'm just a fan of grammar and Sintex, and hypothetical shirt wearing to counter other people's shirts.

Edit: I mean syntax,

See what I did there?

• Like 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DSD666

• GLEN BENTON

• wickedwacko!

• LEEZYONE

I use to take flicks but I traded it in for shitty throws. way more fun. and I, unlike most of the bitch made busters that talk shit to me, dont hide behind a fucking computer screen trying to be witty or being narks and snitches posting cats faces and names on this bitch. what's even worse is some of yall associate with these same said cats, which makes you in return a mark ass bitchmade internet pussy. but none the less, around xmas, when I can afford a new camera, I will be right back to doing what I did before, benching and flicking.

new page.

traintracks5.jpg

i saw a certain graffiti man, not too long ago, with a Detroit D new-era cap with his crew names all on it, real big white letters on a black hat... the irony was almost too much to handle.

i just chuckled to myself, "yeah, he is 'that guy', haha."

oh, and bump olse, and hungry howies pizza... cajun crust, all fuckin' day.

i saw a certain graffiti man, not too long ago, with a Detroit D new-era cap with his crew names all on it, real big white letters on a black hat... the irony was almost too much to handle.

i just chuckled to myself, "yeah, he is 'that guy', haha."

oh, and bump olse, and hungry howies pizza... cajun crust, all fuckin' day.

ive seen that done before on a new era hat, i thought it was pretty cool ill admit. but i guess to some it could be a stupid move. id do it just to do it, not even wear the hat just to have it done i think it would be cool.

The word "blatantly" functions as an adverb that modifies the verb know.

the act of rocking a dumbass expensive scotty hoodie is a blatant display of your rap letter lifestyle.

knowledge on the part of a casual observer of you wearing the hoodie isn't blatant.

for me to blatantly know that you're a writer by wearing that hoodie would require some sort of obvious display on my part of that knowledge that because you're wearing that hoodie, I know you write, possibly by wearing an article of clothing with a logo that involves me knowing that you're a writer as a result of you wearing that hoodie...which would take a lot of preplanning and thought on my part.

tl:dr...the act is blatant, the reception of that action leads to an obvious perception, but i wouldnt call that perception blatant...or modify something that is obvious with a word that also means obvious...ie...i wouldnt say something is obviously obvious, that would be redundant. But without having to edit the post again, I get what you mean. I'm just a fan of grammar and Sintex, and hypothetical shirt wearing to counter other people's shirts.

Edit: I mean syntax,

See what I did there?

missin'

So......why is it whack to get crew lettering on clothing? Is it better to rock a nautica boat logo, because you had so much to do with the progression of that clothing brand?

At any given weekend, you can see me 'till this day, up to 6 items on me with my crew logo on shit. So, everyone, just remember....it's okay to write your name or crew on everything imaginable that you see on the streets, just not have it on clothing....'cause it's fresh to think 99% of shit you can do related to graf is whack to do.

I remember seeing KOSEK with a white tee at an event a LONG time ago, that had all his crews on that bitch, and I thought....."Now that's a man who is proud of all his hard work, risks, and loyalty to the closest friends he's gained". It just seems like 5 or so years ago, it started to be cool to downgrade shit to do with graf, 'cause it's cool to pretend shit just doesn't matter in writin'. I don't get it.

I once told somebody I'll have at least 3 crew tats on my body before I die. Why? Not because just one doesn't send the message I want, but because 3 proves to me how much I love my past, my past in graf, friendship, loyalty, and the best times of my life. To me, it's fly to have pride in what I am or was a part of, not lame.

My thing is this, I dont crew up with dudes that arent REAL good homies of mine, so the decision to rep the crews that I do is based on the fact that these cats are people that I have been boys with for a long time and most likely will be cool with for a long time. It's more a matter of being mad proud of painting with these people for a long time, watching us all progress from straight up toy status together, hittin street spots in sub zero temperatures, gettin fucked up on the regular and acting a fool, etc.

Why wouldnt I want to rep that?

well, some people don't like to be the grommet kid, foaming at the mouth at anything related to graffiti.

"oh shit man! i'm gunna get this belt buckle and have my name on it and my hat and my shirt and blah blah blah"

it's the same dude that "tags" color names on their cans.

Also, the same dude who introduces himself as "i'm so-and-so, you know, Phaze 1 DIK Krew SON! I run with Psycho, Splat and Theme!"

Don't get me wrong, we all have done it, but some people decide to grow up, and some people don't. Also, radiologist, you know damn well you're talking about a different era in graffiti, back then, shit was less blown up, it as pretty rare back then to bump into another writer in this city, so crew name shirts, and stuff of that nature was a lot more acceptable.

bump downplaying something that shouldn't encompass your entire life.

• Like 1

well, some people don't like to be the grommet kid, foaming at the mouth at anything related to graffiti.

"oh shit man! i'm gunna get this belt buckle and have my name on it and my hat and my shirt and blah blah blah"

it's the same dude that "tags" color names on their cans.

Also, the same dude who introduces himself as "i'm so-and-so, you know, Phaze 1 DIK Krew SON! I run with Psycho, Splat and Theme!"

Don't get me wrong, we all have done it, but some people decide to grow up, and some people don't. Also, radiologist, you know damn well you're talking about a different era in graffiti, back then, shit was less blown up, it as pretty rare back then to bump into another writer in this city, so crew name shirts, and stuff of that nature was a lot more acceptable.

bump downplaying something that shouldn't encompass your entire life.

if u are bombing a freeway spot in pitch black and only have a few minutes to get your shit off its good to have some kind of big bold markings on yours cans rather than fumbeling around, holding cans up in the air towards a street light tryin to see the label, or worse, what a ton of kids do now when its dark, pull out your cellphone to inspect something... bad idea. though i agree sometime its funny when i mat a dead spot and i see a bunch of labeled cans... you can practically see the fitted hat and the kid in his basement packin up his cans listening to some type of white approved back packer hip hop, bout to get his 5 elements on. its always on klrylon too, the super fashionable, thin as water, cant use below 65 degrees type of shit. all the real bombers i know use krylon, in rusto hoodies.

I can agree with you on that, over time people learn to compartmentalize the various aspects of their lives and what they do. Shit I'm a much different person at home sitting there coloring with my son than when I'm out chugging steel reserve and painting on shit acting a total ass. I also have no intention of ever getting my little guy into this fucked up game I got so hooked on, as much as I may love it myself.

yo flicksburgh, krylon does blow with the exception of afew colors; ultra flat black and watermelon which you can hardly find anymore. Yinz is crazy. why would one label cans. if you are out & about in the city you should either carry your paint on your body or seperate your paint from light & dark in your bag. labeling is a waste of time. now please send me some yuengling and a primanti bros sandwich please.