I've got a tadpole....

Dirty_habiT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok... so now, the "tadpole" is a small frog with next to no tail at all.... we fed him gold fish flakes this whole time, and watched his little legs develop. Pretty neat stuff, although I imagine his growth was stunted slightly from being brought up in captivity. I'm thinking he should be let go in the creek down the way so that he can live a full happy frog life.

:pats self on back: for raising baby frog.

I dunno, it looks like a little like pond frog, half aquatic, half land... never really strays from the water. He/she's really little, like maybe 2 inches long at most... I think we're gonna get some meal worms for it today... it's really cool, it sits on this rock in his big glass bowl that he lives (the top edges come inward, he can't get out)... and then if he sees you he just bolts into the water and hides under rocks.

I had never seen a real live praying mantis before, that was until last week.

Im chillin in my favorite bar waiting on some friends and this girl comes up and is like, "oooh, you have alittle hitchhiker."

Im thinkin that I got some toilet paper stuck on my shoe or something stuck on my shirt. Then she pulls this huge praying mantis off my back and shows it to me. She gave me her number later and I gave her the mantis. Too bad I got a girl or I found a true fire way to find a lady.

You know what's funny, my brother went to the bar last night and he said this girl was there that showed him her tits and I was like, why didn't you get her number and tell her about me.... and he was like, man I didn't even think that... and I was said, man you girlfriend wouldn't be mad if you got a number for your brother, just tell her it was for me.... and my stepdad (his dad) chimed in and said, ANY time you get a number it's for your brother.... hahaha, we all started laughing.

Originally posted by Dirty_habiT@Aug 30 2005, 08:34 AM

I dunno, it looks like a little like pond frog, half aquatic, half land... never really strays from the water. He/she's really little, like maybe 2 inches long at most... I think we're gonna get some meal worms for it today... it's really cool, it sits on this rock in his big glass bowl that he lives (the top edges come inward, he can't get out)... and then if he sees you he just bolts into the water and hides under rocks.

I wouldent sugest the mealworms yes for he is a tiny little bloke. From what I have learned in frog care is "find him a bug (crickets are the best) that is smaller than the size of his head or he will have trouble eating it...they sell small sized crickets at most pet stores..

hold up on the mealworms untill he is alot bigger AND I wouldent feed him to many anyway, they are highon fat and dont have alot of nutrients.

if you catch a flick I might be able to help you out with the species

Hahah, who knows... but misteraven's ID isn't 1... so I'm not sure the numbering scheme goes exactly by who registered when.... but then again who knows... I think 21 people registering in the same day is a little excessive.

And Cramps... I'll get a picture as soon as I can.... yeah, we'll get crickets if you say that's better.... we really don't want to let him go we've put alot of effort into keeping that little bastard alive.

Check the people who registered october 8 that single day or two that people had to registeer to loook at anything on here. That smy join date. I know alot of people registered then, actually all of october of 04, was when alot of people registered.

Oh and Dhabz when you get the crickets make sure to get calcium powder to sprinkle on them before you give them to your buddy, im pretty sure the pet shop would have them, just ask for it. I used to own lizards and they ate the same shit, i guess the calcium powder is so that their bones dont get weak.

Originally posted by shameless self promotion@Aug 30 2005, 07:37 AM

I had never seen a real live praying mantis before, that was until last week.

Im chillin in my favorite bar waiting on some friends and this girl comes up and is like, "oooh, you have alittle hitchhiker."

Im thinkin that I got some toilet paper stuck on my shoe or something stuck on my shirt. Then she pulls this huge praying mantis off my back and shows it to me. She gave me her number later and I gave her the mantis. Too bad I got a girl or I found a true fire way to find a lady.

maybe it was her praying mantis to begin with? Not a bad trick... but if you did it to a girl she might freak out....

Well I got some small crickets yesterday some vitamin powder, and some regular little frog food pellets.

I tried to put a cricket in the bowl and the dumbass just drowned in the water.... the pet store person said the crickets are pretty stupid...

We're in the process of cleaning the rocks, and moving the frog over to a newer home.

Large%20Praying%20Mantis.jpg

That's cool I didn't know they came in blue too....