The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Half Cabs are arguably the best skate shoes ever.

Some people think they're too thin on the bottoms though, so if you skate alot of big stairs and rails you might bruise your feet easily.

TNT's have the same problem.

fucked up my heels a couple times from landing funny. either land perfectly, or feel it hard when you land a bit off.

yo, im not mad at these! i skated several pairs of d3s and was fine...

with that said all i can skate now are nike ecues (ugly but fucking on for skating) and half-cabs...

also with out shouting out every pair of shoes i skated in and liked... who recalls 4ce. those shits were hot. my man skated for them so i got a few pair on the house and loved them. still have a pair on ice...

haha! i still got a pair of 4ce's that are in pretty good conidtion, never skated em, and haven't worn em in probably 3 years.

^Which is exactly why they're fucking garbage for skating in.

dao I feel you on that... i said the looked better imo, and i liked them for graff, to me they were a great graff shoe with all that air bubble jumpin from high areas was nothing they were mad bulky protecting your shit from glass and rusty shit fucking crazy bushes you'd find your self in they were good in the tunnels... the only thing that sucked was on really wet days they'd soak up and feel like they were 20 pounds...but then again i was more in to bmx and they were good for impact, and when it comes to skating you dont need a clunky ass shoe, for skating fucking dunks was were it was at imo.... that alien workshop board is still up for grabs..

The first Airwalks were dope too.

I think I even had this same colorway back in the day. :biglaugh:

It was the late 80's though so I get a pass.

[ATTACH]109236[/ATTACH]

I had those bitches . :cool:

Word we used to rock the shit outa 540's back in like 90,91.

I never had those bright color jawns though, strictly all black or black and white.

My boy had the same size shoe as me but he skated regular and I skate goofy so we would switch shoes when the one side got wrecked from ollie holes.

We were ghetto like that. :biglaugh:

haha nice, ghetto as

180px-Shoegoo.JPG

i want to rant a tiny bit in reference to them airwalk 540s and the kanye shoe. fuck it, i just typed out this long winded thing with a time line but ill just say ALOT of major fashion trends have started by skateboarders. for better or worse its true... hip hop and fashion houses always took prompts from skateboarders.

Kinda cheesy now, but a friend and I were school shopping and we both got those shoes, we were the same size, then traded one of each so we had mismatched colors. Mustard yellow and teal, I think. We thought it was cool at the time.

i want to rant a tiny bit in reference to them airwalk 540s and the kanye shoe. fuck it, i just typed out this long winded thing with a time line but ill just say ALOT of major fashion trends have started by skateboarders. for better or worse its true... hip hop and fashion houses always took prompts from skateboarders.

hmm sorry but I dont think that's true at all. been skaterboarding and been listenin to hiphop for the same time so im not biased towards either one but I dont see what rockin cazal frames, kangols and pumas has to do with skateboarding

know what you mean, but;

skaters have taken fashion from lets see, surfers and then hiphop, even ravers, and now (and always for some) so very metal

who cares? labelheads fashionistas hipsters and what you wearins.. and dudes makin coin offa these toys,

fuck you go into a surf shop in the mall and can you get a surfboard? maybe a chinese learner board, theres noone shapin customs for you.. skate companies knw theres money in selling 'lifestyle' too..

i couldn't care

anyway fuck fashion trends and can i say

soft wheels ftw

just gone from these:

3007563-2-untitled.jpg

to these:

3007587-2-untitled.jpg

and while the type-s are an awesome wheel i can now go down the shitty bitumen, over brick paths and whatever, and stealth like a ninja.. with new bones reds they are plenty fast and i feel happy, thankyou

I used to rock these... You old guys know you remember...

airwalk-shoe-NTS.jpg

Haha! Those just reminded me of the Velocities. These jawns were INDESTRUCTABLE.

You'd get holes in the soles long before you'd get an ollie hole in these shits. :lol:

[ATTACH]109354.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]109355.vB[/ATTACH]

^I had the all black jawns, but with the lace savers. :lol:

airwalk_velocity_2.jpg.55855f9a78d57f817e266df63093043a.jpg

airwalk_velocity_1.jpg.e70d4ed3be007668358fec6db0274e50.jpg

hmm sorry but I dont think that's true at all. been skaterboarding and been listenin to hiphop for the same time so im not biased towards either one but I dont see what rockin cazal frames, kangols and pumas has to do with skateboarding

You're trippin.

Skateboarders started baggy pants and long tees.

Skateboarders started that chain wallet shit back in the 90's.

Skateboarders brought back the Pumas, shelltoes and Gazels throwback phase in the 90's.

Then later on in the 90's everybody started rockin skate shoes.

Even the suburban jock kids were wearing Airwalks and Etnies.

Then you had the stoner/goth kids rockin Alien Workshop gear like it was some Marylin Manson shit.

What's known as "raver pants" was started by skateboarders then ripped off by ravers.

And I fucking hate this generation of skateboarders for starting that whole TPWF trend.

For better or for worse, skateboarders have always sparked mad trends whether it be in hip-hop or whatever.

know what you mean, but;

skaters have taken fashion from lets see, surfers and then hiphop, even ravers, and now (and always for some) so very metal

who cares? labelheads fashionistas hipsters and what you wearins.. and dudes makin coin offa these toys,

fuck you go into a surf shop in the mall and can you get a surfboard? maybe a chinese learner board, theres noone shapin customs for you.. skate companies knw theres money in selling 'lifestyle' too..

i couldn't care

You're either really young and have no idea what you're talking about, or you're an idiot.

Ravers bit those pants from skateboarders in the early 90's.

There's always been metalhead skaters, just like there's always been punk skaters and hip-hop skaters.

And skateboarders have influenced the way metalheads, punks, hip-hop heads, surfers, hipsters etc dressed for as long as there's been skate culture.

This is actually comon knowlege that most people in or out of skateboarding already know.

soft wheels ftw

to each his own

sfcpwhf1parkburnerclas.jpg

on my second set of these. and its by far the best wheel ive ever ridden.

and i know people have praised Ricta's on here in the past. buy i rode them for about 2 years and i never plan on going back. the mix PVC into their urethane making the wheels kind of slippery on blacktop.

but spitfire parkburners FTW

DAO speaks the truth. I was rocking a chain wallet and size 40 jeans easily 3 years before I had even heard of such a thing as a "rave". The day I went into the department store and saw baggy jeans, I knew it was time to move on. I did the cargo pants thing for a while.

I don't like riding wheels bigger than 55mm. I feel like I'm riding a dirt board. I've ridden Spitfires most of the time, but recently tried out Rictas, and I like them. Back in the day I rode OJ II's, Real small wheels, Rolli Mandolis, and Sex Cells, then Unions for a while, then settled into Spitfires. When tiny wheels were in, I'd use my grampa's grinding wheel to carve old wheels down to little bearing covers. Saved me a lot of money. I also learned an important rule skating on the east coast during that time. Push harder.

Where's Billy Waldman?

You're either really young and have no idea what you're talking about, or you're an idiot.

Ravers bit those pants from skateboarders in the early 90's.

There's always been metalhead skaters, just like there's always been punk skaters and hip-hop skaters.

And skateboarders have influenced the way metalheads, punks, hip-hop heads, surfers, hipsters etc dressed for as long as there's been skate culture.

This is actually comon knowlege that most people in or out of skateboarding already know.

i must be an idiot then,

i'm well aware of the common knowledge and i was just pointing out that it's not so straight forward, metalheads, punks, hip-hop heads, surfers, hipsters etc have influenced skate culture too, just sick of hearing that skaters are the source of all new fashion trends, and pretty much sick of fashion all together, dunno just gives me the shits.. carry on..

oh and for me 60mm wheels still don't seem that big, especially for vert, i went through that tiny wheel era too and while they're good for flips they just don't carve so well, strictly in the park i can see why you'd want 50s...

You're trippin.

Skateboarders started baggy pants and long tees.

Skateboarders started that chain wallet shit back in the 90's.

Skateboarders brought back the Pumas, shelltoes and Gazels throwback phase in the 90's.

Then later on in the 90's everybody started rockin skate shoes.

Even the suburban jock kids were wearing Airwalks and Etnies.

Then you had the stoner/goth kids rockin Alien Workshop gear like it was some Marylin Manson shit.

What's known as "raver pants" was started by skateboarders then ripped off by ravers.

And I fucking hate this generation of skateboarders for starting that whole TPWF trend.

For better or for worse, skateboarders have always sparked mad trends whether it be in hip-hop or whatever.

you. are. buggin.

skaterboarders did not start the baggy pants trend B..cmon now

i dont remember seein Grand Puba or anybody else rockin a chain wallets in the 90s

you see Jim Jones and em rockin em now but it's not becose of skaters...what skater do you know that rocks a chain wallet in 2009

skateboarders might have rocked puma but that was all in reference to the old school hip hop style of the 80s so you got that backwards

not gonna comment on the rest becose you're talkin about jocks, goths and ravers wich is irrelevant to the subject at hand

haha please hip hop and rappers DID NOT rock baggy or big anything before skaters, sorry to burst your culture bubble,

also, to the wallet chain thing, you made our point, you DONT see skaters rocking wallet chains in 09 cuz we did it in 93 tool...

then you wanna talk about skaters NOT starting the puma and shelltoe trend.. well they did, when fools in the 80s were rocking shell toes and pumas its because those were the shoes available at the time, so it was not a trend it was rocking what was on the shelfs... skaters made it cool to rock what fools wore in the 80s, its called retro B...

are you fuckin serious??? the baggy pants thing comes from jail...it does not come from skateboarders..get it straight. the chain wallet thing is corny anyway but bet that rockers and bikers were sportin chain wallets yeeeaaars before skater ever got ahold of it so that holds no water. you point about the pumas and shelltoes is so incredibly stupid that i dont even feel it's worth a response. you're basicly sayin there was only those types of sneakers around so it was not a fashion statement...i'd really love what kinda dumb shit you can come up with to explain fat laces