The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

How you gonna pop something that weighs twice as much that you have to kick down twice as far before the tail hits the ground as high as a regular board?

Shit worked for Eric Dressen with a 10" board back in the day , that's how everyone did it . I need a little weight , because otherwise I'd feel I'd be out of control .

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

its just the whole trend coming back kinda blowin over the tranny scene and steppn it up a knotch i mean almost everything you saw i dont think has not been done just on smaller shit like mjs banger deawon did in 2nd to none regular and switch....it was just too ahead of its time. Now its comin right back to tech it seems. like ultra video game combos hahah.

im not really into super big ass pants skaters and shit but man peter smolik has crazy fuckn control on a skateboard that mother fucker is soo fuckn good its ridiculous that dude amazes me any one watch his lets do this part? i mean he was good as shit back before he went into hiding mode fufill the dream part was fuckn good too. then osirus video was good and so was his guilty part (just extremley hard to watch with all that doodoo in it) but his newest shit was on point for coming out of the woodworks.

its just the whole trend coming back kinda blowin over the tranny scene and steppn it up a knotch i mean almost everything you saw i dont think has not been done just on smaller shit like mjs banger deawon did in 2nd to none regular and switch....it was just too ahead of its time. Now its comin right back to tech it seems. like ultra video game combos hahah.

Rick Howard did that blunt slide to nose blunt slide in Questionable ahead of Daewon and MJ. 2:10 in

Skateboarding has in most of our lifetimes gone through an insane evolution ... we are still establishing what it is to be a skateboarder ... Gonz, Danny Way, Mullen etc were major innovators almost 20 years ago and are still redefining possibilities as they all are pushing 40!!!

Today you can walk into a shop and buy a board styled after any generation of skate you want. Its no surprise tricks and styles have become more cyclical going in and out of popularity over the span of a few years. Jumping on any bandwagon of "this is what skateboarding should be" is stupid and will most likely not last. So why set limits when someone will break that rule soon enough and have tons of kids following(tight pants anyone)

you and i are both sutbborn DAO

my logic believes with slightly bigger wheels, you'll have more snap, [bigger tricks]

and smaller wheels will give you quicker snap. [techier tricks]

same goes for size of boards.

skinner boards will flip easier [less weight] but harder to land back on.

wider boards will be easier to control [more area to land on, more weight to slow down its rotations]

if youre rolling on bigger setups, you can do bigger tricks,

just look at the mega ramp setups. their boards are twice as big, cause theres no way they would be able to land back on their boards if they were riding 39s and 7.5" wide boards

or any hesh dude that skates transitions, or skates fast and big,

vs the techier skaters who do flip in flip out shit.

reese forbes vs rob welsh. both about the same size, but totally different styles of skating.

reese skates wide boards and bigger wheels, and welsh skates like 49s with 7.5" boards.

but whatevs, you believe what you want to believe,

ill believe what i want to believe.

chris fissle- useless wodden toys..

tom knox- feeble slappy, railslide, back to feeble.

no comply flip to manual...thats whats up.

skating seems to be coming full circle. I just hope we don't go back to 30mm wheels and going negative mach 2.

7.75 with 54mm and

INDYS...the only ones that matter.

think crime.

That's what makes skating so damn cool .... its an individual thing ... we all get stoked on different shit.

And 39mm wheels will never be as prevalent as they were in the early 90's ... they may come back as some novelty shit but I don't see it being any bigger than that.

ill take a lengthy, cleaning done k grind on a ledge over a k grind, noselide, five 0, 900 backflip out any day of the week.

the combo shit is only raw to me when its like a switch salad -pivot to crook or something. koston did em in the extras in yeah right. he went back and forth like 6 times.or other shit thats tech but not tech.. like front boards on a ledge to fakie 5-0.

oh yeah lol at the 900 backflip out. my standard when i name crazy dumb tricks always ends up being treflip nose manny out.

Shit worked for Eric Dressen with a 10" board back in the day , that's how everyone did it . I need a little weight , because otherwise I'd feel I'd be out of control .

Yeah but nobody including dressen or even Natas was ollieing as high as kids are nowadays.

I feel "outa contlrol" riding dagger boards.

Like the board has a mind of it's own and doasn't want to listen to me.

Guy's noseslide to crooks on that handrail in the Lakai video was fucking sick.

I never seen anybody do that shit on a handrail before.

you and i are both sutbborn DAO

my logic believes with slightly bigger wheels, you'll have more snap, [bigger tricks]

and smaller wheels will give you quicker snap. [techier tricks]

same goes for size of boards.

skinner boards will flip easier [less weight] but harder to land back on.

wider boards will be easier to control [more area to land on, more weight to slow down its rotations]

if youre rolling on bigger setups, you can do bigger tricks,

just look at the mega ramp setups. their boards are twice as big, cause theres no way they would be able to land back on their boards if they were riding 39s and 7.5" wide boards

or any hesh dude that skates transitions, or skates fast and big,

vs the techier skaters who do flip in flip out shit.

reese forbes vs rob welsh. both about the same size, but totally different styles of skating.

reese skates wide boards and bigger wheels, and welsh skates like 49s with 7.5" boards.

but whatevs, you believe what you want to believe,

ill believe what i want to believe.

Bigger boards and bigger wheels are FOR skating vert.

I don't think anybody ballsy enough to step to a mega ramp would do so on a street setup.

But you're wrong about it being easier to land shit (street) on bigger boards, because like I said they have a mind of their own.

And aren't as willing to do what and land where you tell them too.

Hey.

Just so we have something to disagree about.

I dont like skating switch either. In video parts sometimes I dont even notice when someones skating switch. It would be a lot more impressive if it wasnt done to frequently, so it was obvious they were not skating regular.

Some people I "skate with" are learning all there tricks switch. I dunno, maybe I should jump on the boat. I just dont see why.

Its my least favorite stance. It LOOKS exactly like regular, its just harder... Im all for challenging myself. But... maybe im just lazy.