CAPS sooperthread

haunts

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure you can use a astro on it, But really your better useing a NY fat for the wide flares on almost all US made spray paints, and yes they can leak when you use a NY fat on Rusto. Next to that you can use a regular Rusto Fat. But your dont always get the best flares with them unless you flip your rist like a homo.

Most eruo caps as well as NY fats are a smaller diameter stem then a can of rustos valve systems actuator hole, which is wider by a few MM. So in short you run a chance of leakage with those caps with smaller stems. If you are real clever you and make a conversion cap.

Where you use a stock cap to say a Valspar and drill it out so you can apply a NY fat on it and you will not have any chance of a leak and get that hot flare with out burning off paint pointlessly.

BLA BLA BLA.

Sure you can use a astro on it, But really your better useing a NY fat for the wide flares on almost all US made spray paints, and yes they can leak when you use a NY fat on Rusto. Next to that you can use a regular Rusto Fat. But your dont always get the best flares with them unless you flip your rist like a homo.

Most eruo caps as well as NY fats are a smaller diameter stem then a can of rustos valve systems actuator hole, which is wider by a few MM. So in short you run a chance of leakage with those caps with smaller stems. If you are real clever you and make a conversion cap.

Where you use a stock cap to say a Valspar and drill it out so you can apply a NY fat on it and you will not have any chance of a leak and get that hot flare with out burning off paint pointlessly.

BLA BLA BLA.

if you were smarter youd just do something 8000 times easier to fill that tiny gap then make a whole conversion cap that will probly break in your pocket.

bottom line is with american paints nothing is going to work perfectly. rusto fats sputter and spit paint on some colors of rusto, some eurocaps work on a dollarbrand(not colorplace) while they dont work on rusto, any cap will work better on old style krylon guaranteed.

i dont know why people wont just buy 6 ironlaks from oink and some thins and tag with a thincap instead of buying shitty american paint and trying to use a fatcap and getting sloppy tags.

and has anyone tried a SEKT adapter on the new krylon? (yes, you can get krylon down the the valve)

you can always just use a NY fat, or astro on a rusto, and just superglue it til your flair session is over.. but uhh ny fats seem to work pretty well on a rusto as long as you dont push so hard the whole time... just mmm dont hold the cap down the whole time, the pressure is what makes it spit.. i mean by that just dont be a toy..

Elmer Caps are fatter

Boston Thins / Invisible Glass tips are thin/outline caps

They are called Boston Thins or Rusto Thins... why is it a stupid name? It's where they became popular.

i know the difference i have both and the tip from the glass cleaner seems to let out less pressure but u can still flare with them, but i think the name "BOSTON" is stupid and the internet made them popular not boston:D

if you were smarter youd just do something 8000 times easier to fill that tiny gap then make a whole conversion cap that will probly break in your pocket.

bottom line is with american paints nothing is going to work perfectly. rusto fats sputter and spit paint on some colors of rusto, some eurocaps work on a dollarbrand(not colorplace) while they dont work on rusto, any cap will work better on old style krylon guaranteed.

i dont know why people wont just buy 6 ironlaks from oink and some thins and tag with a thincap instead of buying shitty american paint and trying to use a fatcap and getting sloppy tags.

and has anyone tried a SEKT adapter on the new krylon? (yes, you can get krylon down the the valve)

buying paint for bombing purposes is not a good investment

Co signed, I'm all for the newer graff oriented paints, but

I don't care who you are, or where you're from

Rusto will always be the shit. and you can pull off some decent flares

with the Rusto orange dots....and really nice ones..

(quote Rustofills)

if you flip your wrist like a homo.:lol:

The conversion caps I make dont have anything to brake. Its basicly the same thing as a SEKT adaptor and it only take 60 seconds to make. Costs nothing and fits like a stock cap, because it is. So there's no spalters of any kind unless you do it wrong. The only down side is you need to know just how to make them. Or your going to just make yourself a problem.

But truthfully, grabbing some of those female caps from troutartsupply is the way to go. Its not just easier, its better. Having a direct single cap connection to a can will always work better, then haveing an adaptor. I wasnt a big fan of them when I first tried them. But one day a few months ago. That all I had on hand to use and I was rather happy with the outcome of how well the caps performed.

The SEKT adapter will not work on the new krylon. Its completely different from Rustos male can valve system.

i meant more if you have a taller cap like ive seen with these coathanger abortion type deals then its not only harder to control the can because your grip is moved up an extra inch (which becomes a problem with tall cans) and also it easy for the stacked cap type setup to just break in half if you dont press directly down on it unless youve made it really good.

send me a pm, i want to know what your talking about.

ive withheld my temptation to buy a shitload of 2x painters touch (other then first obligatory 6 pack to try it out)

Why not get them? They are still good for fills. Plus you can get the right caps from troutartsupply.com

Just a side note. There is really nothing different about the so called 2x painters touchs from the original PTs. In fact some, like white and wildfloor are worse. But for the most part its the same and is good for fills.

Why not get them? They are still good for fills. Plus you can get the right caps from troutartsupply.com

Just a side note. There is really nothing different about the so called 2x painters touchs from the original PTs. In fact some, like white and wildfloor are worse. But for the most part its the same and is good for fills.

i actually noticed this, the claret wine is the exact same as AA claret wine.

cash is a big issue, no CC, no online order.

big yellow clear cap from spray on tanner, white cap from aqua net, white cap from kiwi camp dry leather spray

these three worked well on every new painters touch can i got

piece came along nice despite time restraints

but the first session i was drinking lots and only had the stocks...so many drips and mistakes to come back and fix

if you need expensive imported paint just to get nice tags and throws you have no business writing

boston thins get good mini flares and the tags i catch with them on rusto are always sharp.

Archived