identity theft, it could happen to you. or me.

rental

Originally posted by Armenhammer+Feb 16 2005, 10:22 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Armenhammer - Feb 16 2005, 10:22 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>So you lost all those pens? and the chapstick?

damn...

[/b]

i was hoping my insurance covered them.

Originally posted by metallix@Feb 16 2005, 09:09 AM

sorry

bad karma

reanalyze your life and find what is wrong

ummm....i did this too. for real.

Originally posted by Weapon X@Feb 16 2005, 08:50 AM

I would have gone to every garbage can in and around the gym to find the purse. Do you have any clue at all as to who might have done it? Give everyone who works out there a big stare down - maybe someone will have a tell?

i did that. i was thinking it was the goofy bitch talking to me when i started getting changed. she went to the bathroom or something when i shut the door. talking to one of my coworkers, i believe her name was Tiffany Sorgman.

Originally posted by 2BLAZZED@Feb 16 2005, 07:55 AM

you dont have to cancel your credit and pay the fee..just simply tell them someone stole it and you wanna put your account on hold till you get a new one..and whenever you get a new phone reactivate your account (have done it before)

well, i didnt talk to them, my mom did. she told them it was stolen and apparently they dont give a shit or have a policy. and apparently it has to be the same exact one, or we have to pay the money or get a new contract or something. maybe both. it seems like a bunch of shit is fucked up since at and t merged with cingular.

<!--QuoteBegin-Shogun_Assassin@Feb 16 2005, 07:12 AM

I think the best thing to hope for is that the idiot who stole your shit tries to get the cell phone number changed. If you report the cellphone stolen, and they try to get the number changed when they do so wherever they go the place will just call the cops. my mom used to work at a cell phone place, and she said that when people would try to change the number, they would punch in a serial number in the back room, and if it was reported stolen they would just tell the person to wait while it went throuh, but really they were just waiting for the cops to show up.

i dont know the serial number, how to get it, etc. i dont even know what fucking model it is. can i just call the company and find this shit out?

and yes, ive been hoping i was lucky and they didnt give a fuck about my personal information.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

damn rental that does suck. AND you had a lot of shit in there too. just contact everyone (DL, SS#, etc) and tell them the story, oh wait you did. nevermind. there isnt much you can do at this point. but then again, i've never gotten my shit jacked.

this is the reason why i dont carry massive amounts of cash nor every piece of information about me.

Damn...Yeah just keep on top of your credit reports and watch your stuff..buy a lock. That sucks about your cellphone..all those companies are thieeves!

I am soo paranoid about getting my stuff stolen, even if I am in class and I get up to go to the bathroom or buy a drink I almost always bring my wallet. I have been robbed several times in the street but that was by 5-15 year old gypsys and everytime - they just run, take the money, and throw everything else in a near by puddle of urine.

That sucks, rental. I'm sorry.

On the other hand, here is a semi happy story.

Me and my mom were walking down the street

when I was about 9. We were drinking min-chocolate milk

cartons, carrying grocery bags, when a guy runs up to

us and yanks on my mom's purse. She was going to try

fighting him but got spooked (gun?) and let her purse go.

My virginal ears heard the words "COCKSUCKER" and

"MOTHERFUCKER" and my mom yelled at the guy and he

ran off.

My mom only had about $20 in her purse, but her credit cards, keys, everything else as well. Thats what she was scared about.

A week later she got a call from the police station. The guy just took the money (apparantly a crackhead) and threw the purse around a church. A little Mexican lady coming out of Sunday mass found it and turned it in. My mom got all her stuff back safe and sound.

Originally posted by ink Lunatic@Feb 16 2005, 11:48 AM

I have been robbed several times in the street but that was by 5-15 year old gypsys and everytime - they just run, take the money, and throw everything else in a near by puddle of urine.

okay yea i have been jacked once but i didnt have shit in there. AND it was by young gypsies in italy. but they didnt throw my shit near urine.

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle+Feb 16 2005, 07:01 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dr. Dazzle - Feb 16 2005, 07:01 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-mackfatsoe@Feb 15 2005, 11:59 PM

rental's a girl?

Just a very feminine man-boy....

[/b]

:lol:

good stuff.

you shouldnt need to do a credit check every couple of months, as long as you cancelled all the credit cards and debit cards that were currently in your purse... you should be ok.

just notify any future credit card company and bank that you have that your stuff was stolen and to let them know ahead of time to watch out for any out of the ordinary purchases, or purchases made in different cities or random locations (i.e. shops) that you never go to.

and you should be fine.

i would suggest calling your social security office and going from there, talk about a possible change in number...i forgot if it's possible or if it's only in special circumstances. might be able to find out tomorrow if you want...actually i will call just to know.

at my gym they have cameras' not in the locker room but coming in and out, do they at yours? if they do, check who went in and out of that place between the time you started working out till you went back in.

something.

oh that sux!

You might want to change bank accounts too. They could still wire that money somewhere.

I remember one time I was at a public pool when I was a kid and some punk stole my damn shoes! Those were my favorite shoes too... They were camoflage cletes.

I never leave my wallet anywhere. People think I'm overly protective... whatever I don't have problems do I?

I've even got 550 parachute cord on my wallet so I can strap it to my belt or wear it around my neck. Yup all my keys are on there too.

Originally posted by villain@Feb 16 2005, 09:54 PM

oh that sux!

You might want to change bank accounts too. They could still wire that money somewhere.

I remember one time I was at a public pool when I was a kid and some punk stole my damn shoes! Those were my favorite shoes too... They were camoflage cletes.

I never leave my wallet anywhere. People think I'm overly protective... whatever I don't have problems do I?

I've even got 550 parachute cord on my wallet so I can strap it to my belt or wear it around my neck. Yup all my keys are on there too.

hmmm, that is true...fucking weirdo.

that sucks about all that stuff you lost.

i don't carry a purse and i keep my wallet on me at all times.

abot the only advice i can offer, really.

when i was a kid i lost my driver's license and social security card.

i couldn't find my birth certificate.

proving my identity was a huge pain in the ass.

after that i got the wallet.

i got wasted one night last year.

really wasted.

and lost my wallet.

when i was released from the hospital the next day, i tried to find it and went back to the last bar i'd been in. the bartender had found it in the bathroom, and it still had enough money in it to pay the tab.

uuh! that's some good karma

;)

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for everyone being so nice and helpful.

im still handling shit two weeks later. like trying to get the fraud alert on my credit report at the major bureaus. good news, i got a new free cellphone. its not super fancy or anything, but its a cell phone. and free. see here:

v180tmob.jpg

so far, nothing has happened with any of my stuff. like them using my atm card which i cancelled the same day. i dont know if theyve tried to get a credit card or anything though. i dont think any real people get on the phones at the credit bureaus.

i got all the ladies in my thread. :)

hmm. that blows.

actually i just had my purse stolen two weeks ago. i set it down for one second, turned around and it was gone! luckily i was only carrying my license, ATM, couple dollars and my cell phone. what really sucked was that i lost all my phone numbers, and that ruined my night.

but that really blows that they got everything of yours... very bad.

i've had people on the internet jack my debit card number, paypal account and credit card then used them to buy things. it is a serious pain in the ass to get rectified. just watch everything VERY closely.