Toys post here...

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Well Chubb... imagine if there was a forum for marathon runners, and all these guys posted photos of themselves and not a damn one of them could walk a straight line for more than a few steps without falling over. I guess they'd probably get pretty tired of hearing people say, "You need to learn how to walk before you can learn how to run," but getting pissed about it, ignoring the experts and trying to run anyway certainly isn't going to help.

If you can't understand that, you can't be helped. You're doomed to suck forever.

Simples are the building blocks of this shit and simplification is the basis of all art forms. I mean, you learn how to draw any other form by starting with grids, breaking down the fundamentals and understanding the principal before you start making masterpieces.

Why should graffiti be any different?

And come on... NOBODY started banging out ill wildstyles on their first try. Anyone who says they did is a deluded liar who's fooling nobody but themselves.

So kill that noise. Four years ago I sucked and I admit it. Now, after all that time of practicing simples, refining letters and working HARD on books and walls, I've gotten to the point that writers I respect give me respect.

I fucking earned that.

You want quick skills? It doesn't work that way. If you aren't in it for the long haul to make yourself something, quit now. I hear you can sketch a pirate and a turtle and get in this great art school.

And while I'm on the subject, that reminds me of another piece of advice that I have to repeat all the time.

Here it is in big, bold letters:

WRITERS DO NOT DO DIFFERENT LETTERS EVERY TIME.

I know some of you are out there scratching your heads at that one...

Most writers have ONE set of letters that are carefully rehearsed over years, slowly refined by time to the point they feel the letters are worth showing.

Sure, they change up the fills, alter the connections here and there, make changes to this and that, but the core letter is THE SAME. EXACTLY THE SAME.

THAT, is why you practice simples. You practice simples because over time you begin to make minor changes to the letterform as you develope your own style and it becomes more and more unique to you. But you still draw your letters the same, just changing fills and whatnot.

Don't believe me?

Compare these two COPE2 pieces:

Cope2%202line%201997.jpg

normal_COPE2%20FRANCE%20.jpg

I know at first glance they look very different but break the letters down without the extensions and arrows... THEY ARE THE FUCKING SAME LETTERS DRAWN THE SAME WAY in their fundamental root.

If you can't grasp this vitally important concept and how it relates to simples then...

FUCKING QUIT RIGHT NOW.

l_1c1a3f7a118a975bd153d7b8243208e0.jpg

look at how much better this girl is than most of you... she doesnt even try to tag or anything, but she busted this beast

how amazing all she needed was an internet connection and a 2nd grade education, which i at first doubted she could earn without involvement of carnal enticement to her instructors, and she needed to be able to type in "graffiti letters" on google, but her "boyfriend" probably did that since her hands must hurt from giving so many hand jobs on the corner for heroin funds, the sheer complexity of this task perplexes me so much that im surprised at the audacity and drive she must have had to copy graffiticreator.net

and i think the beast she needs to bust is not uncreative shitty letters but those pimples or herpes infections on her face(most likely brought on by subjugation to the man juice out of sadam hussein's(the original poster of this mind boggling work of art) disease ridden dick)

:spin:

Yo! i just been writn for like eight months..... now i actuley wana start getting serous. let me know what i can doo to this shit.

Eyes ..windy city

iuno if thats the greatest idea writin eyes,

there some one writing that down here in toronto

and hes up EVERYWHEREE