Toys post here...

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Metro

just starting out. trying to learn my straight letters. i need help with the shadow and outline they just aren't looking right to me.

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00334298f00000004.jpg'>

That is nice man,i dont see anything wrong with the outline,but make your shadow equal to the other letters,other than that,i give it an A+

Originally posted by MaKeItHaPpEn

That is nice man,i dont see anything wrong with the outline,but make your shadow equal to the other letters,other than that,i give it an A+

by equal you mean if the letters are a 1/4th inch wide the longest the shadow should be is a 1/4th an inch?

I don't want to step on toes and offend, but why? it seems to me the the length of the shadow would be irrevelant. If I'm wrong please enlighten me.

by equal you mean if the letters are a 1/4th inch wide the longest the shadow should be is a 1/4th an inch?

I don't want to step on toes and offend, but why? it seems to me the the length of the shadow would be irrevelant. If I'm wrong please enlighten me.

he means that your shadow in the A and the V go down lower than the rest of the word, try making all yoor shadows at the same angle and size

No sir,thats not what i was getting at,look at the bottum right side of the second letter,than the bottum left of the forth,they arent equal how they go on degree and then the other goes a different degree,and maybe you could take both sides of the top of the V and shade down both sides,soo it looks like the shadow is going to the middle of the V

DOSE

I think you're missing the point here.... BREAK DOWN YOUR LETTERS INTO THEIR SIMPLEST, MOST STYLE FREE FORM... LOOK AT THESE LETTERS....

DOSE

see how they are the simplest forms possible. Picture these made of bars, the D is a straight vertical bar with a bar bent into a half circle... the o is two half circle bars put together... etc etc.... If you notice all of the lines are equal in width and they match... COPY THAT, BUT MAKE ALL OF THE BARS, SO DONT DRAW THE LETTERS IN ONE PIECE, DRAW EACH BAR INDIVIDUALLY AND MATCH THEM UP... Post that when you have it down perfect... DONT ADD ARROWS, BUMPS, SPIKES, ANYTHING!!!!

GOOD LUCK

Originally posted by MaKeItHaPpEn

No sir,thats not what i was getting at,look at the bottum right side of the second letter,than the bottum left of the forth,they arent equal how they go on degree and then the other goes a different degree,and maybe you could take both sides of the top of the V and shade down both sides,soo it looks like the shadow is going to the middle of the V

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00334298f00000006.jpg'>

I'm confused. sorry. they look like they are to the same degree to me.

and for the particular shadow i picked the center of the piece regardless of where it fell letter wise, i think thats why i thought it looked funny.