Toys post here...

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

its pretty simple and all, its not bad but its not good (not saying mine is any better), to me it lacks flow and style.just go to the handstyle threads in the paper chase and brickslayers and look at what others do with the letters you have and go from there and practice practice practice

messin round

P8130304.jpg

stickers

P8150305.jpg

oh and kushandmarkers fucking resize that

yokai seems like a pretty hard name to rock a good handstyle with,, idk, im sure you could get something good going,, just gotta practice i guess,, i would definatly focus more into depth of improving your handstyle,, your straight letters look good as usual simple but kickin' now that i look at it its almost an exact copy of your handie hahahah nice

All crits welcome. Is my handstyle really all that bad? lol.

0160_by_n30n_b0n35-d46hnh0.jpg

the color scheme is pretty dope on this. the background would have looked nicer if you would have filled in in and outlined it. as for the handstyles, i think you shouldn't do the U shape at the top of your Y, idk just looks weird. i'll write some out for you tonight and upload them tomorrow, and your more than welcome to use them. i'll also sketch out some straight letter styles so you can try doing something different.

You have a pretty good structural foundation with your letters. I would throw on some simple detail, such as what i did, gives it a metal look and it's something i did alot when i was starting out and still do it from time to time. i made a "cut in" i guess you would call it on the U. makes it match the D a bit more since you added one to the top of it. throw some 3d on there and you'll have some pretty good shit going on.

That e would look way better without the arrow.

At the top left of ur z where it comes down i think it comes down too far. Your o is large in comparison. The m is hidden and the right vertical bar is skinny. So is the vert bar in the b. If those are canvases paint over that stuff with spraypaint for a dope background.

(SUDS)working on your handstyles is very important when your a toy. when i first started out, i probably did nothing but tags for about a year before i even started doing throws. dont focus on trying to make your handstyle all spectacular right now, just make it a good, simple, straight letter handstyle for right now. then practice handstyles on paper until you feel confident that your working with something thats decent. when you develop in the throw region, thats when its the best time to really start focusing on having a good handstyle. some people never really mess with trying to perfect their handstyles, then by the time they are doing clean ass pieces and throws, you see a wack ass handy next to it. i think having a nice and clean looking handstyle is very important. some people are really into looking at writers handstyles, some arent. but anybody always like to see a good handstyle from a writer. also, having a good handstyle will give you ideas as to how you should piece together your letters.

^ I like that. What I like most is the open ends that you didn't close. And the curves on the S, very creative.

Tried my usual style here but added some extensions that connected letters, and some other things. I kinda like it. And yes once again the M is skinny compared to the rest, I don't know why that keeps happening. :( Lol. Maybe I feel like if I make it fatter that it's going to end up a hell of a lot bigger than the rest of the letters.

17570110150764428775454.jpg

^ I like that. What I like most is the open ends that you didn't close. And the curves on the S, very creative.

Tried my usual style here but added some extensions that connected letters, and some other things. I kinda like it. And yes once again the M is skinny compared to the rest, I don't know why that keeps happening. :( Lol. Maybe I feel like if I make it fatter that it's going to end up a hell of a lot bigger than the rest of the letters.

17570110150764428775454.jpg

this is looking good. i would tell you to take that horizontal bar at the top of the Z, make it come straight across. making it go upwards like that makes it look awkward, and therefore making it bigger than all of your other letters. also, don't put those little add ons coming down at the top of the Z, it makes it look ugly to be brutally honest.

FISH... stick with the straight and simple letters. it's not the best but keep

practicing with those letters, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. cause

keeping it simple when your a toy is 100% the right way to go. as for the one

liner throw, that's not looking good at all. don't even attempt them if you don't

have good solid throws down yet. when you start drawing good looking throws,

that's when you can mess around with one liners. i see toys trying to do things

way before they should.