Toys post here...

swif1

what? his bars are actually pretty well proportioned.. all about the same width. i think the Y and I are your strongest letters here. the K needs work though. i would drop the bar thats closing up that negative space at the top of the K. it looks weird, you can close up alot of that negative space with the drop shadow and the outline that comes after it, or even a little bit that pops up in between the two bars. kinda like what you got going on with the YO combo, but suspended in air as opposed to connecting the letters.

also you probably should have went with a more rounded O. thats my opinion. all in all its pretty good, i think you should drop the part where the bars over lap eachother, you over used that. it would probably look better if you would have the line STOP once it hits the next letter, so the outline doesn't over lap the other letters. idk how to explain that any further though.

hope that helps.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

MEnthol is right. you could lose a few of the addon doo dads. But you have a basic structure to your style and its looking decent.

The widths arent too bad though.

also could be mistaken for reading yoKat.

The K is kind of beat too. I think its the top and bottom of the right legs i dont like. That bit where you drew the line down then had the addon kick.

what? his bars are actually pretty well proportioned.. all about the same width. i think the Y and I are your strongest letters here. the K needs work though. i would drop the bar thats closing up that negative space at the top of the K. it looks weird, you can close up alot of that negative space with the drop shadow and the outline that comes after it, or even a little bit that pops up in between the two bars. kinda like what you got going on with the YO combo, but suspended in air as opposed to connecting the letters.

also you probably should have went with a more rounded O. thats my opinion. all in all its pretty good, i think you should drop the part where the bars over lap eachother, you over used that. it would probably look better if you would have the line STOP once it hits the next letter, so the outline doesn't over lap the other letters. idk how to explain that any further though.

hope that helps.

what are you even talking about? the bars are NOT the same width at all. i didnt even read past that. youre blind homie. if you cant even look at that and tell they aint the same youre on one. every letter draw got either fatter or skinnier. look at the middle of the y, the top of the o, the top of the k, the bottom and top of the a and the i. but its all still good. and THE I DOESNT EVEN LOOK LIKE A T. how would that begin to look like a t? geez

honestly eli your always saying that i havent progressed at all, and i usually just say okay but i honestly feel i have progressed... people have been telling me and i feel it myself... im not even the type to ego trip.... but watever...

Yokai - hows japan or china (i cant remember) going ? how is the graff over there ?

Heres a crit. Remove the arrows. They serve no purpose in balancing out your sketch. Which is why people do extensions, to fill in negative space and make their sketch feel balanced. You just did them, cause. there is no reason for those arrows to be there, therefore, they should be removed.

But if you feel so strongly they should be there. tell us why?

Its just like graphic design. You ask yourself, why did i put that there. If you cant come up with a reason, its probably best you just remove it. Cause it looks cool, isnt really a valid reason.

• Like 1

check out the amazing ones on the left that cross.....

e thuggin swagged out. stop doin graff you all suck. only do simples cuz thats true wildstyle. never experiment because you need to progress. what? stupid shit that is said in here.....

cob your pieces have alot going on bro. take the little add ons away from the next sketch and post it. also play with line weight. even a thicker sharpie line on all of it would help. dont stop using arrowz just place them more strategically homes. its like where did that arrow come from? also consistency is key. im not saying make everything one thickness just that you have some bars fatter or skinnier in certain places. i love variation if thickness dont get me wrong but for example were the leg of your g connects to the main bar is thinner than anything else. feels me?