Toys post here...

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
element.gif

another random one

Well this is a decent straight letter i made in less than 5 mins on illustrator.

I can see my L looks a bit thin, width wise (it shouldnt be, as i used the same bar just copy pasted. But for some reason it does.). and i probably should have added 3d to it. that would have taken another 5 - 10 mins.

also the little negitive space gaps between the letters is inconsistent. That may be why i think the L is shorter width wise. but i actually think its just shorter and i fucked up.

I also think the 3rd leg of the m is a couple mills to much to the right.

If you cant critisise your own work, i dont think you should critisise other people. not aimed at anyone, just saying.

Your addons are random. They dont really serve a purpose. Which is why people do extensions. It also looks like you tried to copy that style that romero did with the addon bits around his letters. His worked, yours dont seem to work.

and those arrows are wiggidy wiggity wiggity...

let me try read it. G O L O B or R? GALOR?

Well we're not off to a good start, sorry.

You kind of have the consistent bar widths down. I think you need to do some more Keyboard simples. Truth.

and I honestly dont see whats wrong with keyboard simples. why do people hate doing them? is it cause you suck at adding flavor to a boring ass letter? it isnt hip hop / graffiti enough?

and I honestly dont see whats wrong with keyboard simples. why do people hate doing them? is it cause you suck at adding flavor to a boring ass letter? it isnt hip hop / graffiti enough?

because people want to have a unique style, and simples are generic and replaceable. A well done, clean simple is dope, but a wildstyle that defines your attitude is a whole new level.

because people want to have a unique style, and simples are generic and replaceable. A well done, clean simple is dope, but a wildstyle that defines your attitude is a whole new level.

Yeah, but the way i see it, if i cant read your piece, at lest somewhat. You need to do it again. Im all for legibility in a wild style. The good wild styles are successful because they developed from a simple into that style. There is always evidence of good letter structure in a wildstyle. providing the wild styles extensions flow with the curves and what not, of your letters.

i don't think that a piece has to be necessarily readable to be hot, some of my favorite writers shit is unlegible if you don't know who it is before hand.

examples of some hot shit with less defined letters.

203kaos.jpg

sanantonio03_kaos5.jpg

kaos

sanantonio03_spie2.jpg

sanantonio03_spie5.jpg

spie

sa200312_piece156.jpg

sa200312_code.jpg

code

Paser_MFK.jpg

jeppe_002.jpg

paser

these are the cats i look up too, and imo these are some of the best piecers out there, along with totem,geser,kem5,lokus,supher etc.

its all personal taste, the dude who got me into painting was from SA so i've always been into the big time texas writers and abstract stuff. im also really inspired by caligraphy and gang graffiti so my stuff is kind of a mix of all those.

some dudes are feelin it some aren't, some guys only like throws and simples, some only like abstract shit, me personally im into all of it. if its got letters i like it. and i appreciate the people who can take a letter and flip it and make it barely recognizable, but still stylish.. i think thats true talent right there.

Yeah, exactly. I know what you mean.

But lots of people in here should do more keyboard simples. It wouldn't hurt.

keyboard simples are boring and are not very respectable especially if you're not doing them by hand, usually an excuse for not being able to do anything dope. post something you've painted?

PA200154.jpg

shitty outlines i hardly like. I fucked up the u's. Pretty much just a freestyle outline i did in a coupley mins to bang something out. I need to erase bits and tweak it.

i'll spend longer on one and post it.

100_02351.jpg

and this is old but its the last painting ive flicked of myself. Same style, but a little different.

To the two above me, beautiful. They look great. Ruck that shit looks great for how simple it is. Making something look that interesting while making it so simple is an art it itself.

I took this picture like 5 times and it kept coming out blurry so fuck it. Working on my old school straight style.

30100310150888969235454.jpg

thanks. Yeah, keep drawing. that bottom one it looks good. Just keep tweaking some widths.

one big thing thats bugging me about yours though is that K. I reckon it looks better when the two right bars connect to the left like one. you know? yours is two sticking out. Also same with the

R like that kind of.

K also see/

Zomb, you need to lose a few of the extensions and work on consistent widths a little more. the B is all over the place XD

big- are you saying like the one on the left opposed to the one on the right? V V V

(obviously this is a rough sketch, i would clean it up)

downsized_1020011048.jpg

thats great advice dude. its so simple but it makes a hell of a difference

propped

Yep. You understood it. Haha, i wasnt quite sure how do describe. But you got the point :p

and yeah @ the painted crit you gave be before. The r needs to be pushed to the right, just a little.