Toys post here...

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I've been tossing these new ideas around in my head. My current name is Atone, but I've been looking at changing it to Harm & HarmOne, Hale & HaleOne, and I've been tossing around Riek and Ries as well.

0404001944.jpg

0404001900.jpg

0404001928.jpg

I really like that bottom left HaleOne handy, and the Atone hands too.

what you write doesnt matter because youre not doing graffiti right now anyways

and if you are stop

just sketch

sketchsketchsketchsketch

and do simples

The only thing I've painted so far, is hand-styles, that's it. I haven't painted any throws or pieces; only hands.

I sketch a lot too though. I've been doing a lot of simples, but I decided to think outside the box for one sketch. Ha ha, back to simples though.

Oh, and can I at least get an opinion on the names? I'm kind of torn between them all, though I like Atone, Hale, and Riek a lot.

Thanks.

Don't go by what we thing, just write whatever flows and sounds good to you. When you are ready to paint (which isn't anytime soon my friend), you'll already know since you've researched your name...rite?

Very true. That's some of the best advice I've ever gotten on this website.

I wish I was better at certain letters though; letters that are used in some other names that I have boggling around in my head.

But, I'll figure something out, in due time. Right now I'm just going to sketch up all of the different names I am considering, and keep sketching them.

On a side note, what is a good site to buy supplies at? I need a new blackbook, I need markers (my Wal-Mart Painters suck), and I need some good mechanical pencils, ha ha.

Thanks!

well all those names are taken, but that doesn't matter at all right now.

my suggestion would be to write all 3 of them. and as you progress see which one evolves or flows the best. It will give you good practice with all those letters

As far as I know, none of them are taken, and I've done extensive research; I don't want to step on anybody's toes.

Then you gotta think outside the box. If a name is taken, don't worry about it. Unless they're someone whos actually up alot it shouldn't matter. If you were writing Cole or something and you seen a freight with cole but never seen anything else of him or online then go ahead writing it. Chances are if the person who writes Cole seen that somebody else writes cole they would change their name too.

Well, I don't know then. Like "Stotter" said, damn near every name you will think of is taken, and unless that name is taken by a king, then it shouldn't matter all that much. There are too many writers, and not enough names. Unless you want to have something retarded, like Yout, or Honu, or Fity, or something.

I'll think of something eventually, but Atone is one that I really like, as are Hale, Riek, and Ries. They contain letters that I'm good at as well...except for Riek and Ries.

I'm good with: A, E, F, H, I, K, L, M, N, O, T, U, V

I'm okay with: B, C, D, G, J, P, R, S, W.

I'm horrible with: Q, X, Y, Z.

yeah, speak. here's a crit. stop bumping your own stuff if no one comments. if nobody comments, it means they couldn't be bothered telling you it was good, or it sucks. try outlining it or take a better picture so we can actually see it. but not that one, because it sucks.

Yo for names it doesn't matter...where I'm at there are cats who write the same name on different sides of the bay. I mean unless you get hacked out for it, or its the same as a true legend, just write whatever you like

Yeah, exactly. Thanks, man. I'll start sketching letters, from A to Z and see which ones I'm good at (the list might change if I try it again), and then I'll make a list of names from there, and choose my favorite (or favorites so I have back-ups).

Thanks for the help, man. I'll post a picture of the list of letters once it's done with...see how my simples are. Thanks again.

lol, what is that supposed to mean?

if you like it then just leave it like that.

i think you're taking graff a lil to seriously. but maybe that's a good thing.

Well, the way that I look at Graff is like this: it's been here, long before I decided to get involved in it. There's been legends who have come and gone (R.I.P), who have defined to the community of us writers, who things are supposed to work; how things are supposed to be done; how they're supposed to look. Who am I to intrude on that? Who am I to say that it should be done this way, or that way, or that I'm too good to follow the pre-defined path?

I know that there are certain times where one can, and should stray from the Graff Writer's time-line, but in my case, I don't feel that I have the right to; I'm a toy, and I'm not afraid to admit it. Even the legendary writers started out right where I'm at, so why should it bother me? I know that I don't know even anywhere close to what I need to in order to be a good writer, and that's why I'm staying in the game, and learning as much as I can; sketching as much as I can, and constantly looking at different styles, trying to understand them, and learn how to master them.

If I see something that I think looks good, I'm not afraid to say that it looks good. However, I also know that I have no place to say that it's good, or that it's bad, because I'm still new in the community. I'm not here to make waves, and I'm not here to stick out like a sore thumb (even though I'm sure I do). I'm here to learn; I'm here to become a better Graff Writer.

I respect the game of Graff, and I respect those who are in the game (although I don't respect toys who don't follow the path like I am, and who think they can disrespect the people who know what they;re talking about). As long as you're willing to learn, you can do anything you set your mind to. When it comes to Graff, I'm willing to learn. Graff is something I love; I'm not here to disrespect it.