Photoshop Thread

Tribal_Man

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jamiex.jpg

jamiex2.jpg

-there. He says he has used photoshop, and I assume on the vignette effect too. But you get what I mean..

The first one appears to just be a vignette

The second is a pretty simple effect, I believe it's supposed to mimic Lomo photography or whatever.. You do the vignette, then in the Red and Blue color channels you just boost the contrast

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hezer:

The image is great, but your type treatment is terrible. One of the main focal points of the picture is the sky and you're fucking it all up by throwing shit into it. Simplify.

Also, if it isn't adding anything to the overall design.... Crop the police line out.

when you first start using photoshop you tend to use as many strokes, outer glows, drop shadows, inner shadows, bevels and any other effect you can get your hands on as much as possible.... this, however, is not at all what you want to do.... trust me.... less is more, especially when it comes to type.... and your boy should think of a more original name too......

when you first start using photoshop you tend to use as many strokes, outer glows, drop shadows, inner shadows, bevels and any other effect you can get your hands on as much as possible.... this, however, is not at all what you want to do.... trust me.... less is more, especially when it comes to type.... and your boy should think of a more original name too......

good call

Ballbags is right, and that last one s a good example. Too much bevel and drop shadow for my tastes...

Try to find a typface that can do the work for you, instead of falling in love with treatment that may not work and trying to push it out with layer effects.

And HEZER -- I think I like the composition better w/out the space needle. I'm guessing your boy requested it, but it looks like it's trying a bit too hard to me. The only other thing I would say is try to fram the background image with a bit more symmetry. The tracks create a good lead-in, but would be more affective if they were centered. Huge improvements from version one to version three though.

Archived