Spray Paint

Guest SayOne

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AA isnt discontinued, lowes and home depot just dont carry it because valspar gave them a better offer.

painter touch 2x in claret wine is exact same as AA in claret wine. i find that funny because supposedly theres "twice the pigment". they both covered black, white, yellow and light green the exact same.

but then again, a burgundy color covers well no matter what.

are there any other AA colors made in painters touch 2x?

(and before you call BS they are both made by rusto)

it is 2x the pigment of competition like kyrlon, not 2x the pigment/coverage of their old formula. Same shit, new packaging basicaly

it is 2x the pigment of competition like kyrlon, not 2x the pigment/coverage of their old formula. Same shit, new packaging basicaly

well if thats the case why the hell isnt rusto advertising that on their other lines of paint? just about anything nowadays has twice the pigment of most krylon...

Acer,

Did you notice that Rusto switched the PT 2X can design up to look almost like the 360 label design? The PT Line is meant to perform against Krylon and does well in the consumer segment, the Stops Rust line is known for exactly that (stopping rust) as well as more industrial type projects. Krylon is their main competitor (aside from Euro brands but I don't know just how aware they are of that market segment). Krylon is known more as an arts and crafts and general purpose line, hence trying to beat them by the pigment claim as well as changing their can/label design. Its like when Rusto changed to a 360 degree valve with a comfort tip, less than a year later Krylon followed suit with that gay ass Danvern comfort/metal stem valve (which killed their product more or less for us!)

funny how the market works.

so we can blame rusto (and "the man") for the 360 krylons... interesting...

i always figured the tall rusto cans (the least visually stimulating) were for industrial purposes, the minimalistic but nice Stops rust line for garage enthusiasts and AA and PT for the garage enthusiasts former wives. so i would have predicted a little banner on the SR line talking about the pigment saying "beats all competition blahblah" and just a redesign of the PT and AA lines. because supposedly the women go for looks and the men go for functionality, thats why PT and AA say nothing about stopping rust when im 98 percent certain they do just as good a job as the stopsrust line...

in conclusion, rusto is rascist and caused krylon to change.

also, the cap on krylon how its curvy appeals more to women and the cap on rusto more to men.

has anyone manufactured decent caps for male cans yet ? what is the hold up on that ?

anyone have links or caps link me please ..those adaptors suck..very unnatural position

for your finger the cap sits so high off the can , they are kinda hard to press down after awhile..

has anyone manufactured decent caps for male cans yet ? what is the hold up on that ?

anyone have links or caps link me please ..those adaptors suck..very unnatural position

for your finger the cap sits so high off the can , they are kinda hard to press down after awhile..

the female NYfats are probably the best overall female caps and you can make them at home by cutting the stem off and drilling into them to widen the hole. i am not sure how big the drill bit has to be though. there are other female caps out there for sale off graff sites but if you're looking for free caps check out cooking spray like PAM, which has nice ones, and the caps off

82236.jpg

^this stuff. those are all i use, there are no caps out there to my knowledge that are as big as rusto fats are on old cans.

also, i don't know of anymore dollar silvers... the cheap silvers near me have fan tips. rusto silver is still good. rusto gold is shit though.

just another example of how puritanical america does not support free thinking and the arts

we are rusto/krylon etc main purchasing/racking demographic and instead of [even if secretly] catering to graffiti/mural artists they continually make our lives miserable, by

fuckng up valves/discontinuing colors/changing formulas etc etc etc ... they can very easily make high quality / cheap paint that im sure most of us would gladly buy ..wtf!?!?!?

what a bad business plan..thats like dunkin donuts discontinuing coffee ..who is making the decisions at these companies?? do they really think by making these awful decisions they will discourage graffiti?? they still havent learned graffiti writers are the most ingenious mfers

on the planet ..if we cant buy it , we steal it ...if we cant steal it, we make it,,if it doesn't exist, we invent it ...and so on and so on ... wise up Rustoleum & Krylon we are your best, most loyal fucking customers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it doesnt matter if its effective, if they openly support graffiti then they lose the respect of the american people. once that happens, stores stop carrying them...

they could really care less who/how many people like their paint just as long as its enough for stores to stock their products.

A lot of the formula changes are due to state regulations involving VOC's in the product. Each year or 5 years (can't remember which) states like California, Michigan, New York and Massachusetts commonly reduce the VOC limit which basically forces paint companies to change their formula, usually resulting in less pigment and more solvent.

In my area Home Depot isn't carrying the PT 2X line because of these regulations, which leaves us with Krylon 360, yet an hour drive north will get me the whole line at Home Depots in the next state up.

i think rusto and krylon will just look at the sales record of Gold at american stores and realize it isnt worth it. because i know they have had Gold on sale in their catalog or ages because they cant move it.

and do you think the emissions regulations is why european paints arent sold at most american stores?

and do you think the emissions regulations is why european paints arent sold at most american stores?

probably not. i would bet european standards are higher than american ones, actually.

In fact what i think you're probably looking at is an often overlooked factor called "shelf price" which with more popular stores is essentially a fee paid by the producer to stock their products on shelves. it's most commonly seen in grocery stores but i wouldn't be surprised if that was what was involved; i bet german MTN (duplicolor) hedged a fair amount of money to pay some american chain stores to stock their product.

That's why you aren't seeing ironlak or spanish mtn in stores other than graff stores is because duplicolor is marketing and promoting german MTN aggressively and commercially, like a real business would. They're trying to go as mainstream as possible, which is not necessarily a bad thing, although I would bet it's bad for graff cause... oh boy... here come the youtube toys again.

Will rusto and krylon change? if people are obsessed enough with german MTN than they might change it. From a purely consumer standpoint the comfort tip pt and fan tip krylon are comfortable and easy to use. Unlike us, the normal customer primes a surface before painting usually... and thin paint looks good on a white primed surface just like thick paint. To a consumer things like a harsh smell and overspray are the #1 issues with paint.

Why I think krylon and rusto won't change is because of plutonium g spray paint and that story. I'm sure you know or have heard of it and that it... really isn't that different from regular paint. It has a nice valve and smells like ice cream; that is, it smells REALLY good and covers OK. other than that though, the brand is faltering, or seems to be. I would be that is because it hasn't been effectively marketed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuT0ljXA3cY

that's what is known as marketing. notice the way that they tried to domesticate spraypaint as much as possible. it's always been associated with graff, and i doubt much will change that. german mtn is approaching it from the artistic side of things, as an art supply, which is why you'll never see it in lowes or home depot. bet.

you may see it in michaels someday though. we'll see how far they make it, and whether german MTN stays around.

in the end... more PT for me.

Archived