Anime dvd's

El Producto

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by sneak@Oct 15 2004, 12:39 PM

i dont know much about anime, but my flat mates has an anime copy of "ichy the killer2 or something. apparntly its pretty brutal..

el producto, i could probably give u directions to a few shops which may sell em (comic book types) but tbh, a lot of HMVs now have an anime section.

nice one..we'll talk business when your next on msn

cheers to everyone who contributed..ill do an in-depth investigation later.

Originally posted by Fugazi+Oct 15 2004, 02:46 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fugazi - Oct 15 2004, 02:46 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-LENS@Oct 14 2004, 11:05 PM

Miyazaki's stuff in unbelivable quality. Fugazi k ows what's up.

Did you know we're getting four more Miyazaki films here in the States in November?

Porco Rosso

My Neighbor Totoro

Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind

and the brand new one "Howl's Moving Castle".

Nausicaa has been compared to Lord of The Rings as an amazing epic. The current version in the U.S. is cut down crap. This will be amazing.

Totoro is one of Ebert's favorite Miyazaki films; I have yet to see it. I hear it's incredibly beautiful.

Howl's Castle is going to be amazing. All of the beauty and magic of Spirited Away.

I can't wait... November first!

[/b]

Ha ha, dude, Totoro came out here in the states in like....1996 or something.

I saw Nausicca a few years back. Pretty dope but the comic series is WAAAYYYYYY better.

But yeah, Miyazaki is the hottness. Princess monoke in the theater was ILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL after a few tokes of the....uhm, well, you know

Originally posted by sneak@Oct 15 2004, 04:39 AM

i dont know much about anime, but my flat mates has an anime copy of "ichy the killer2 or something. apparntly its pretty brutal..

el producto, i could probably give u directions to a few shops which may sell em (comic book types) but tbh, a lot of HMVs now have an anime section.

Ichi the killer is a great movie (even though i didn't finish it). I didn't know there was an anime sequal...I'll have to check it out.

Cowboy Bebop is probably not only my fav. anime but one of the best 'shows' I've ever seen. Trigun is awesome. Let's see, FLCL is amazing. Full Metal Alchemist is very kickass (and is going to be airing on [adult swim] on Nov. 6th). Bezerk was pretty cool, it's just old as hell. Definately check out The Animatrix, it's such a good collection of unique anime. Spritied Away...amazing animation and story telling. And its not anime, but the Akira graphic novels are incredible...I'd recommend going to the library and seeing if they have them (they're like $25 each, but they're so much better than the movie). I need to check out Wolf's Rain, it looks cool but I always miss it because it's only on Saturdays.

Originally posted by IntangibleFame@Oct 17 2004, 04:58 PM

The only anime i have really liked would be fist of the northstar, guyver, and ghost in the shell because the animation is amazing...

Shit, no mention to Akira?

Still to this day I think Akira has some of the best animation I've ever seen. But nowadays with computer assisted shit there's just such high quality animation out there. Eva looks amazing as well.

Archived